Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by jwwhite15
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Pick up a prestine balley fireball 2 . Have owned this pin before and sold my last one trading for upgrade.This pin looks as new and from what i can tell cant find any evidence of ever been worked on. It worked for a few weeks then quit. Problem is now will not start up. It does turn on and all lights fire up but game will not take any credits or will not deliver ball to shooting slot. Mpu board flashes correctly 6 times so don't believe problem is there . Test switch on door does not fire solenoids . Capacitors I know can dry up over time and they look original .do you think that is where to start . Any ideas to send me in the right direction is greatly appreciated .

#2 11 years ago
Quoted from Fishmugger:

Capacitors I know can dry up over time and they look original .do you think that is where to start .

No...

Quoted from Fishmugger:

roblem is now will not start up. It does turn on and all lights fire up but game will not take any credits or will not deliver ball to shooting slot. Mpu board flashes correctly 6 times so don't believe problem is there .

You will need to clarify a bit as these two statements don't go together. If the MPU board flashes correctly then it is starting up. It will also help to know your level of troubleshooting and experience.

Without better info I think I can assume none of your solenoids are working. I would check your fuses first and then to your voltages on your boards (pretty easy on old bally Pins if you have a DMM). If everything seems to be right and good then I would move to a connection problem. Try starting the Pin and put just a little bit of pressure on the connector at the bottom left hand side of your MPU. More than likely if you have a connection problem that will be the area to look. Good luck and keep us updated and posted.

#3 11 years ago

Ok after read you suggestions I stand corrected. It does start up but does not deliver ball in ready lane . I went and repluged all pin connection to mpu board and solenoid driver board and did get game to now allow credit. I had game working for short time also but now went back to not delivering ball to plunger but still can regester credits. When wiggleing pin on solenoid driver I do here relay clicking . I think first thing I'll do is pull solenoid board and resolider pins.
My experience is that I can solider fairly well and have rebuilt some boards on older pins . Tauagt myself how to test transtors and resistors and use pinwiki for much of my learning guide. Been in hobby now for just over one year now and have 5 pins. Biggest problem I have is trying to figure out is where to look for what to fix but have no problem fixing once I know what need fixen.Any suggestion much appreacitaded as I know some of you are way more advanced in this hobby then I ever hope to be.

#4 11 years ago

Possible blown fuse on bottom of playfield.

#5 11 years ago

Since the game was working and now has quit again I have to go with a connection problem. I would start with looking at the connector I was initially telling you about on the MPU at the bottom left hand side. If you know how to solder I would repin that section of the board and put new connectors on the wires. You might also have connections problems at your rectifier board which is not uncommon but I think your problem is in the other connector. Good luck and keep us updated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Freeland, MD
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

£ 195.00
$ 90.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suggestion-please-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.