Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RCA1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I was able to just order a NIB Deadpool Pro, and I want to replace the LEDs for each one of the bad guys on the backboard and main play field, under the bonus multiplier for 2X, 3X, 4X, and 5X, and the B-O-O-M. I know I want to match the colors on the surrounding graphics, but don't know which specific type of LEDs I should get. I don't want to look like clown puke, so I am limiting to the colors that I want to exchange. This is my second machine ever, and I haven't replaced any LEDs on my first machine. Thanks!

#2 1 year ago

Comet Warm White frosted and Cool White frosted are the only LEDs you’ll ever need in your life.
Rarely I will color match large red inserts, but otherwise the whites work just fine

#3 1 year ago

Have you considered the pin monk color brackets instead?

#4 1 year ago

You’ll need the pin monk brackets for the inserts. As for the red GI, used a frosted White bayonet from comet. I like cool white, others like warm.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Have you considered the pin monk color brackets instead?

When an LED is less than $1, it seems almost wasteful to pay those prices he is asking. Not sure what specific type of LEDs are needed, or if the inserts are actually needed. I would think that I would just have to exchange the LED itself with whatever is installed, and should be a quick 15 minute job.

#6 1 year ago

The playfield led's are soldered pcb's so you can't just swap them like socketed bulbs.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from latenite04:

The playfield led's are soldered pcb's so you can't just swap them like socketed bulbs.

This is the correct answer. It's why the brackets are popular. You could also buy the gels and DIY. For GI, comet sunlight frosted 2smd look really nice.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

This is the correct answer. It's why the brackets are popular. You could also buy the gels and DIY. For GI, comet sunlight frosted 2smd look really nice.

I haven't gotten the pin yet, but I wanted to change them out as soon as possible. I guess I will see my options when it arrives. Plus why would they use soldered bulbs? I guess I would need to get a gun if I want or need to change them.

And are the GI bulbs bayonet or other bulbs?

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

I haven't gotten the pin yet, but I wanted to change them out as soon as possible. I guess I will see my options when it arrives. Plus why would they use soldered bulbs? I guess I would need to get a gun if I want or need to change them.
And are the GI bulbs bayonet or other bulbs?

They are not soldered bulbs, they are chips soldered directly to a circuit board in various configurations depending on the game and location.

Edit: Hang on. Looks like you meant the GI. GI is 47 style bulbs in sockets. Inserts are chip style LEDs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suggested-led-replacements-for-deadpool-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.