• 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by mcluvin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
iphone 12 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 2 years ago

I know this is an old thread, but I've been buying Samsung Android phones for years. The S22 deals kinda sucked for launch and BestBuy was offering some crazy good deals on the iPhone 13, so I switched. No shi*, I can go 2 days without recharging now and Carplay just works vs. the "great when it works" shi* show that Android Auto was. Apple's migration app sucks balls, but other than that, I'm real pleased with the iPhone 13.

1 week later
#21 2 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I had an original iphone and I just am not enough of an apple fanboy to deal with an iphone. I had to switch to macbook a while back for a client so I've been using that and am ok with it (aside from price) but still like Android. I went with a Note 11 or whatever the latest was at the time. It's good for what it is. The Samsung/ATT software bloat is shitty but I think that's all carriers now.

I like Android just fine. I'm still missing some ways of doing things with it that I have yet to get sorted out on the iPhone. But I didn't charge my iPhone last night. Here it is a little after 5 pm and I'm right at 50% battery. I could never do that with an Android phone. If I plug my Android phone in for Android Auto it's very buggy and it eats battery. You just hope to maintain the current charge %. With Carplay it mostly just works and the charge % actually goes up on a standard USB port. It runs a lot cooler too. Battery life and a great in-car experience are huge for me.

Have any of you found a wireless Carplay adapter that works well? I got my daughter a Motorola MA1 for her Android phone and she has been very happy with it so far, but it seems most of the Carplay stuff is poorly supported Chinese crap.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suggest-a-cell-phone-?tu=mcluvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.