Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by NM
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IBTL.jpg
    There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago

Look on RGP and Pinball Bash folks are listing all their classics at top dollar.

#52 11 years ago

Who cares? Listing and selling are two completely different things. Where the pavement meets the road is where the sale is at. If the car never comes off the jacks, the tires can spin all they want and the car will never go anywhere (to use a metaphor).

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Look on RGP and Pinball Bash folks are listing all their classics at top dollar.

#53 11 years ago

Man, the love for Space Shuttle is the only thing that gets me motivated to get the playfield swap going. I'm glad I opened this thread.

#54 11 years ago

Suddenly a lot of classics are popping up for sale

Um..the person who started the thread. I included the title once more to help you out buddy ; )

Coffee time for someone.

#55 11 years ago

I like how you picked what you wanted to respond to from my comment. Another out of context response shot from the hip.

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Suddenly a lot of classics are popping up for sale

Um..the person who started the thread. I included the title once more to help you out buddy ; )
    Coffee time for someone.

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

Who cares? Listing and selling are two completely different things. Where the pavement meets the road is where the sale is at. If the car never comes off the jacks, the tires can spin all they want and the car will never go anywhere (to use a metaphor).

Ok , entire quote and the original thread topic is still the same

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:Suddenly a lot of classics are popping up for sale

The thread title did not say " I wonder if these really sell or I wonder what they really sell for etc.

So to the OP I was supporting that there are games suddenly being thrown out there even if at dumb prices since some folks were saying they dont see that.

Since I clearly am misquoting your remarks to me...What is your point to that stream?

#57 11 years ago

You were the one that drifted to the RGP posts. All I did was give you a comment with an explanation for the comment. It's so tiring reading/seeing all the crying about pricing. If nobody buys at those prices, the prices will come down.

If you look on RGP and know the people posting, you'll see that they are just demonstrating absurdity by being absurd. You bit, hook, line and sinker. They know the market and also know their pins are safe, they aren't getting out of pinball.

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Ok , entire quote and the original thread topic is still the same

The thread title did not say " I wonder if these really sell or I wonder what they really sell for etc.
    So to the OP I was supporting that there are games suddenly being thrown out there even if at dumb prices since some folks were saying they dont see that.
    Since I clearly am misquoting your remarks to me...What is your point to that stream?

#58 11 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

They know the market and also know their pins are safe, they aren't getting out of pinball.

Who is "they".....just like you know your 401k is "safe" in the stock market.....

And the fact is you can buy just about any pin at any time that you want to pick one up....it may not be in the condition you want or at the price you want, but all are available and yes, more are popping up because of the higher prices....there are 3 CV's on Mr. Pinball in just the last week...just one example...

#59 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Who is "they".....just like you know your 401k is "safe" in the stock market.....
    And the fact is you can buy just about any pin at any time that you want to pick one up....it may not be in the condition you want or at the price you want, but all are available and yes, more are popping up because of the higher prices....there are 3 CV's on Mr. Pinball in just the last week...just one example...

#60 11 years ago

The most amazing about that clip is how young Brian Doyle-Murray looked. Have you seen him lately? He has not aged well.

#61 11 years ago

Pump and dump....Newer games coming out and everyone wants in.

#62 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

Pump and dump...

Given the prices that I see some of these pins selling for, it's hard to resist not jumping on the bandwagon. I really love my TOTAN, but I could get a heck of a lot of cash for it right now. I have to admit, it's very tempting to just take the money and run.

#63 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Given the prices that I see some of these pins selling for, it's hard to resist not jumping on the bandwagon. I really love my TOTAN, but I could get a heck of a lot of cash for it right now. I have to admit, it's very tempting to just take the money and run.

You wanna make money now is the time to do it..Once these newer games are out things will go back down to normal again.

#64 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

You wanna make money now is the time to do it..

You may have a good point. It's not unreasonable to think the prices are going to come down. Just look at the prices of woodrail machines today compared to 5-10 years ago.

#65 11 years ago

May come down a bit but not likely. Probably wont go up much more and more importantly buyers will start to evaporate. Thats the real kicker. Get the buyers while you can.

#66 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

Pump and dump....Newer games coming out and everyone wants in.

That was pretty much the point of my thread. I feel that some of the newer games are looking fairly special to many pinheads, and many sellers are trying to get enough cash for whatever classic they have to pay for the NIB JJP or Stern LE. That is why I think many of the sellers are pricing the machines at approximately $6500.

#67 11 years ago

Another out of context post, lighten up Francis, it's only pinball (not a 401K) . If you bothered to read who I was referring to (on RGP), they (the OP's on RGP) know that they put crazy prices on their games just to poke fun at the price police. They have no intention of selling their games so they are indeed safe.

You do however make a good point that some people will pay "crazy" money for games so they indeed may not be safe if someone calls their bluff. Of course, I doubt any of you would sell your prize games if someone offered you crazy money for them. You'd be happy to sell at early 90's prices instead. Anyone that says they would dump their games for cheaper than today's market value, please contact anyone that is a known seller (not me, I'm tapped at the moment).

Quoted from iceman44:

#68 11 years ago
    Quoted from pindevil:

Just look at the prices of woodrail machines today compared to 5-10 years ago.

As someone unfamiliar with the woodrail market, can you enlighten me?

#69 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

That was pretty much the point of my thread. I feel that some of the newer games are looking fairly special to many pinheads, and many sellers are trying to get enough cash for whatever classic they have to pay for the NIB JJP or Stern LE. That is why I think many of the sellers are pricing the machines at approximately $6500.

AC/DC, Xmen, Woz and Avengers (?) next...probably followed by a string of more great pins.....I think you are right on DC....

#70 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

AC/DC, Xmen, Woz and Avengers (?) next...probably followed by a string of more great pins.....I think you are right on DC....

Not to mention JPop . . . if JPop "pops" so to speak and his pins do what many think they will do it may be JPop who dominates the modern 21st century ultra high end pin market and modern games (that are already better looking, flow better, sound better, and play faster than the 90's classics anyway) like Tron LE and AC/DC LE could be the B-listers of our era (hard to fathom, but it is true).

#71 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Not to mention JPop . . . if JPop "pops" so to speak and his pins do what many think they will do it may be JPop who dominates the modern 21st century ultra high end pin marke

So true Tiger, forgot about Jpop, did you get on the list...

#72 11 years ago

So true Tiger, forgot about Jpop, did you get on the list...

I exchanged a few emails with him. Very nice gentleman, wasn't expecting him to email me himself. I'll know if I snuck in before the lock (so to speak) this week.

IBTL.jpgIBTL.jpg

#73 11 years ago

Seems like a great guy...he is really good on email replies...hope that cat makes it!

#74 11 years ago

It's obviously because people are dropping 10x more than they are worth on pins these days. In one year the prices have shot through the roof, and obviously there are a lot of suckers with an endless supply of cash.
    Sell away my friends, you'll be able to buy them back in a few years for far less once the fad has shifted to something new and half of these pins are laying broken in some rich guys basements. I wish I knew what the next thing was, I'd start stocking up now.
    I remember when jukeboxes were the big thing, man they were going for thousands more than they were worth. They're hard to get rid of these days.

#75 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballShawn:

It's obviously because people are dropping 10x more than they are worth on pins these days. In one year the prices have shot through the roof, and obviously there are a lot of suckers with an endless supply of cash.
    Sell away my friends, you'll be able to buy them back in a few years for far less once the fad has shifted to something new and half of these pins are laying broken in some rich guys basements. I wish I knew what the next thing was, I'd start stocking up now.
    I remember when jukeboxes were the big thing, man they were going for thousands more than they were worth. They're hard to get rid of these days.

People said the same thing about Muscle Cars. I don't see the old prices on those, and they shot up a long time ago.

The good news is this: The hobby of pinball is alive and well in peoples homes. Bad new: The prices reflect it.

#76 11 years ago
    Quoted from Khabbi:

Where is this flood of classic games up for sale?

+1

#77 11 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

Khabbi said:
    Where is this flood of classic games up for sale?

+1

Seriously?? You have not noticed the games being sold? Mbs, AFMs, Cvs etc.

#78 11 years ago

But games are sold every year, every month, every week, year in year out

#79 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Seriously?? You have not noticed the games being sold? Mbs, AFMs, Cvs etc

I haven't noticed an increase from what I've been seeing over the past few years. At least in my area, I haven't seen 'a lot of classics popping up'. ...keeping my eyes open though.

#80 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Please contact me the next time a CQ MB for less than $8500 is within 500 miles of zip 53527

#81 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

The only ones I've seen are the restored variety going for top dollar, no beater/routed versions anywhere. That says something about the market and who's playing it.

#82 11 years ago

I can't even find an early 80's beater for less than $700 around here

#83 11 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

I can't even find an early 80's beater for less than $700 around here

+1. I've been looking for a project machine for a while now with no luck.

#84 11 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

The only ones I've seen are the restored variety going for top dollar, no beater/routed versions anywhere. That says something about the market and who's playing it.

Thats a good point of clarification and more of what going on.

#85 11 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

As someone unfamiliar with the woodrail market, can you enlighten me?

Somewhere around twice as high--somewhere around 10 years ago.

Hmmm....

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/suddenly-a-lot-of-classics-are-popping-up-for-sale/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.