9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jasonsmith
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

So a few weeks ago I got injured which has me couch bound for the next couple/few months. So I've had nothing better to do than think about pinball and watch CL. Ron (manitouguy) came by the house, hung out and dropped off a pile of pinball magazines, books etc, an amazing gesture!

Last night my phone goes ding and a Royal Flush shows up on CL, a game I've wanted for quite a while. I'm thinking, great, now what, I can't walk let alone go get and throw a machine around. I can't turn this injury into something that I'm going to regret for any more reasons that I already have. So I messaged Ron and said hey... Ron being such an amazing guy, say's I'll get it for you, when do you need it picked up? I'm like seriously, thinking to myself it's going a be a Tuesday night, he's working during the day and he lives a good 45 min away from me and game is 30 min away from both of us. That didn't stop him though, tonight he spent over 4 hrs of his time driving around, looking and checking out the machine for me, taking it down, loading it up, driving to my place and unloading it into my garage.

It's not everyday that you manage to land a friend as awesome as Ron, his help today was amazing. This is a friendship that was created by our passion for Pinball but it's become so much more.

Thanks Ron, you have a lot of beers coming your way, and not just normal ones either.

#2 9 years ago

Great to hear. I haven't had an experience close to that, but I will say in the 10-years or so I've been in the hobby, 99% of the people I've dealt with have been great.

Good game by the way. Royal Flush was my first pinball game I ever owned!

#3 9 years ago

Manitouguy sounds like a great guy! Hope you get to feeling better soon.

--Luke

#4 9 years ago

I would concur!

#5 9 years ago

So much of what we read & hear is about the negative aspects of human behaviour. This one is what life is all about friendship, commaderie and helping a mate in need. Just a great story!

#6 9 years ago

A few months ago he said he had a parts game(scuba,I think).so I pm'd him about the lock down bar mech and he says I can have it.so when I asked what he wanted for it he said YOU CAN HAVE IT.so he sends it to me in Ontario,shipping and all,and doesn't want any money for it.talk about a friend I'll probably never meet.
    Thanks again Ron
    Ted

#7 9 years ago

Ron is a super nice guy and passionate about his Gottlieb wedgies ( which is a good thing!)

I saw that Royal Flush on CL the other day and would have jumped on it but I am tapped out for space and have too many projects already. Glad to hear you managed to get it. I guess you're looking for a backglass now... Shay are apparently doing them:

http://shayarcadegroup.com/

Hope your recovery goes well.

#8 9 years ago

I'm outta space as well but don't have the will power or sense to not get it. That being said Ron also risked his life by getting this for me in fear that my wife would lose it on him. No worries though woz, you can play it at my place.

#9 9 years ago

I look forward to playing it! We really should get together and form a Metro Vancouver Gottlieb Lovers Club (not sure that sounds quite right but you know what I mean!)

#10 9 years ago

ROFLMAO

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/such-an-awesome-guy-manitouguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.