Such a beautiful and interesting game (BW100)

(Topic ID: 210206)

Such a beautiful and interesting game (BW100)

By pinaholic

9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

27914 (resized).jpeg
27912 (resized).jpeg
27910 (resized).jpeg
27908 (resized).jpeg

#1 9 months ago

27908 (resized).jpeg

27910 (resized).jpeg

27912 (resized).jpeg

27914 (resized).jpeg

#2 9 months ago

I agree .... Visually very cool

#3 8 months ago

it is beautiful. And looks like it would be loads of fun. Then once you get one, you realize it is not as fun as it looks. Great idea, just didn't work out. Awesome to look at though.

#4 8 months ago

I play mine all the Time, I get hooked and can’t stop once I start.

#5 8 months ago

Never played one, I like the theme. I need to find one and put some time on it. Looks fun

#6 8 months ago

I’ve always wanted to play one...looks fun and I like the theme.

#7 8 months ago

My buddy has one- it's one of the most unique games, albeit slightly wonky at times for lack of a better word.
There shots on this game that are difficult to notice until you've played it, especially on the upper playfield. The flipper on the 'apron' is very cool and should have been utilized in more games.

Also it's precursor to Whitewater. It's cool to see how he refined those ideas and turned them into a classic DMD.

#8 8 months ago

Haven’t played one either. Looks pretty interesting.

#9 8 months ago

I really like the look of the game but I never liked the game play.

#10 8 months ago

gotta have one that plays well... when the shots are impossible the game is incredibly short and non-fun. Same with lost world... the 'ramp' shots etc the game relies on make and break the game

#11 8 months ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it is beautiful. And looks like it would be loads of fun. Then once you get one, you realize it is not as fun as it looks. Great idea, just didn't work out. Awesome to look at though.

You don't like FT either, lol

Both are great games! A nice playing BW100 is rare, but a thing of beauty!

#12 8 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You don't like FT either, lol
Both are great games! A nice playing BW100 is rare, but a thing of beauty!

yes, but I don't like FT for different reasons, not because of the layout or rules. FT used to be fun. I burned out on it back in the early 90's because it was in one of the only bars that didn't card, and we were 19 at the time. So it was one of the few games we had access too. and didn't care for the theme or music. but overall. It's not that bad of a game. But I DO love to give you shit about it.

Trust me....it's far above fawking Street fighter 2 and X-files. Those are the bottom of the DMD barrel.

#13 8 months ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yes, but I don't like FT for different reasons, not because of the layout or rules. FT used to be fun. I burned out on it back in the early 90's because it was in one of the only bars that didn't card, and we were 19 at the time. So it was one of the few games we had access too. and didn't care for the theme or music. but overall. It's not that bad of a game. But I DO love to give you shit about it.
Trust me....it's far above fawking Street fighter 2 and X-files. Those are the bottom of the DMD barrel.

at least I finally get to hear why you no longer like FT! classic!

#14 8 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

at least I finally get to hear why you no longer like FT! classic!

Kind of like AFM. I don't like it, not because it's a horrible game. But mostly because it's the cheapest and crappiest looking out of all the B/W DMD's. It's the econoline of the B/W lineup. Game looks and feels empty, like it was made to maximize profits with as little as possible. Compared to the creative aspect b/w usually does with layouts. Back when I first saw it, there was no way that cheap looking piece of shit, was getting my money. Not when I could be playing games that looked like they had way more going on. Again, it's not a horrible game. Basically a rethemed MB , MM. (yes i know it was first). Just gave me a bad taste from the get go, due to how cheap it looks and feels. Not a fan of companies cutting corners. Same goes for Stern, during the Econo years, and then again with GOT (and others).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Fort Myers, FL
$ 137.00
1,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elkhorn, WI
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.90
Apparel - Unisex
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 139.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 275.00
€ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 10.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside