(Topic ID: 290712)

Subwoofer switch for multiple games

By Mattyk

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6859ADAE-9B9E-426E-8327-F308EB6DF616 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rcbrown316.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 3 years ago

just buy one sub for every two machines and connect one to the left input and one to the right input. for what you pay to buy the your first sub and the necessary components from pinnovators you can buy two additional subs and connect to 6 games. Or you can cobble this stuff together and hook 4 games up to one centrally located sub. The "pinball" speaker mod/upgrade market is hilarious.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

So from what I understand, I should not have two pins playing at the same time while connected to one sub.
    I would be using the Polk psw10. I figured I could run three pins, one to each of the red/white rca inputs, and the run the output rca to the speaker level inputs on the sub
    Would this not work? I could then use the dial and choose which pin I want to use the sub for

where are you getting a signal level output rca jack out of the pin? do they have those now? I use polk psw10's also. I tap onto the cabinet speaker with speaker wire and hook into the speaker wire inputs on the polks. i never play two pins at a time but you could . it will just be a mixture of lows from both. with this switch you are looking at you would only be able to get sub woofer action from one at a time.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

For the RCA connection, I would run a positive wire only to one RCA connector, and the negative speaker wire to a different RCA connector

the speaker wire on the cabinet speaker is an already amplified signal. typically rca jacks take in an unamplified signal from the sub out on an amplifier. I wouldn't monkey around with that. Just buy two subs and use the speaker terminals. then you can hook up 4 pins and never have to touch anything. I have 9 subs in my gameroom. two for the audio system and 7 for 15 pins (one without a sub)

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

At the end of the day an rca Jack is just a way to connect things. Where I would normally use bare wire to connect the cabinet speaker to the speaker level inputs on the sub, I need to add the rca jacks to run it through the selector switch.
    However I do not want to mess anything up having multiple pins tied to one sub so maybe I only end up running the sub off only one pin.

again you don't need the gadget...and no..an RCA jack is not simply a way to connect things. There is line level, there is speaker level. That is why there are speaker terminals and RCA terminals. But do us a favor. Hook it up the way you are suggesting and make sure you film it and post it here.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

It’s all being connected to the speaker level inputs on the sub. Connecting two wires via RCA connection is no different than using a butt connector. Read my initial posts explaining what I am trying to do

speaker out of pin is speaker wire. speaker in on sub is speaker wire. If you are convererting on both ends n]back to speaker wire it will work like you want it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rcbrown316.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/subwoofer-switch-for-multiple-games?tu=rcbrown316 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.