• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by jrpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 months ago

Hi guys,

I have been slowly restoring a Subway I picked up a few weeks ago. I have a issue with what appears to be a 1s scoring issues. If the 1 point reel is on any number except zero the machine will reset fine, as soon as I score anything from a 1 point switch, the N relay in the backbox will lock on with a loud buzzing and the score real will not increment to the next number.. If I manually press the plunger on the 1 point reel to increment the reel, the N relay will reset. This will continually happen.. Note that 10 points and 100 and 1000 points are not affected at all.. only the 1 point switches.

Also, if the 1s reel is at the zero position when the machine is powered up, everything will reset but the N relay will be locked on until I manually press the plunger on the 1s reel to increment the number, but like i mentioned, if the 1s reel is on any number EXCEPT the zero position when powered up,the reel will reset to zero and the N relay will not lock on until I press any 1 point switch, then it will lock on until I move the reel to the next number.

Just a note, I replaced the flippers and pop bumpers with high powered coils, but I dont think that should be a issue. I also moved the power from Hightap to normal as it was on Hightap when I got the machine.

Thanks for any help you can give..

#2 7 months ago

If it all worked ok since working on the pop bumpers, I think these score 1 point if un-lit. Have you examined the connections on these in case you've put a short circuit in there somwhere?

#3 7 months ago

Reply sent in private message

#4 7 months ago
Quoted from tscottn:

Just a note, I replaced the flippers and pop bumpers with high powered coils, but I dont think that should be a issue.

Why? Properly shopped, the action of the pop bumpers and the flipper strength is more than adequate.
It's your game, so do what you want to it, but I just don't understand the need to hot-rod games which were designed by guys who forgot more than we'll ever know!

#5 7 months ago

Good move though removing the high-tap. No need to overstress the non-gameplay components.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 400.00
Playfields
Maple Street Sign Shop
$ 11.00
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 90.00
Lighting - Led
Geeteoh Electronics
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9,099.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 22.00
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 229.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside