(Topic ID: 99747)

Subbing a Flipper Coil for a Slingshot Coil?

By NoCashValue

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dothedoo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I got mixed up when ordering from Marcos last week. I accidentally ordered a flipper coil for a '78 Bally Playboy, when what I should have ordered was a slingshot coil. Does anyone know if I can still use the coil in question for the slingshot? I'd rather not wait for another order and pay shipping on a single coil. THanks!

#2 9 years ago

You don't want to use it. The high power winding is too low resistance for the driver transistor to handle. It would probably short, then burn up your coil. You could use the low power winding, but it would be very weak. Do you have any other coils sitting around or other machines/playfields you could rob one from?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/subbing-a-flipper-coil-for-a-slingshot-coil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.