Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by RazerX
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

No release notes at all on ST yet is really, really lame and a continued broken promise that seems to be unique to ST. Release notes coming soon was the same crap we got with 1.3 and there is absolutely zilch in the revision history. We shouldn't have to guess what the changes are from one revision to the next. I'm very hesitant to update on location until I know what's changed.

Since this is the only title that they've done this with, I'm going to blame Tanio (he's the programmer, right?) until I have a reason to blame someone else.

Edit: I just want to add that this is in no way a criticism of the code itself, I like what he has done so far with it and would like to give him much deserved praise for that...so a big thanks for the code today. I appreciate the additional work that goes into it, I just wanna know what's changed

Post edited by RazerX : clarification

#2 8 years ago

Wait, there were never notes for 1.3?

#3 8 years ago

I heard the only day they got off for the holidays was today. They should get to enjoy the holidays with their families too shouldn't they? I'm sure they will put it out when they can. I hope the hardworking people at stern and everyone else has a great holiday season. Merry Xmas.

#4 8 years ago

It's been 12 hours. A little patience

#5 8 years ago

Give them time Razer I applaud their efforts for gettng something out before Christmas.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from smidog:

I heard the only day they got off for the holidays was today. They should get to enjoy the holidays with their families too shouldn't they? I'm sure they will put it out when they can. I hope the hardworking people at stern and everyone else has a great holiday season. Merry Xmas.

And how is this relevant to having no release notes for any revision they have done for ST?

#7 8 years ago

I have no problem with "coming soon" on 1.4, but we still don't know what exactly changed anywhere from Initial Realease to 1.3. Some may not care about this, but I like to know.

V1.40 - December 24, 2013
=======================

- Happy Holidays, release notes coming soon.

V1.30 - October 30, 2013
=======================

V1.20 - September 23, 2013
=======================

V1.01 - September 10, 2013
=======================

V1.0 - September 9, 2013
=======================

- Initial release.

#8 8 years ago

Indeed.. I must say from what I've seen, the code started well and ripe enough. And there is still a lot to refining job to do... so.. not knowing what is going on internally and for the fact that an update came out shortly b4 holiday period, I give it a thumbs up! Not to forget the effort to get it out in time by overwriting the zip files on the server using same name so to avoid the webmaster modifications delay. Not clean but effective!

But, missing release notes is not an excuse. It takes 10 mins to draft up a changes note and to me it's a negative sign of sloppy coding. Let's just hope this is a sign of undiscovered coding genius that has yet to manifest itself with the most ingenious rule code for ST/LE since it's my first NIB!

Happy Christmas to all and enjoy the new code!

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

I'm very hesitant to update on location until I know what's changed.

What could you possibly be concerned about? A software bug that allows the players to empty the coin box via the coin return slot? I can't recall any SAM update that was seriously 'bad' for a location game.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

What could you possibly be concerned about? A software bug that allows the players to empty the coin box via the coin return slot? I can't recall any SAM update that was seriously 'bad' for a location game.

X-Men

#11 8 years ago

What about XM? All the flavors of the software were fun to me. Are you trying not to offend your customers?

ST is already better than XM. And because of the layout, the software won't get muddled like XM did. If you're gun shy because of XM, you shouldn't be. ST is no XM.

#12 8 years ago

That may be true, but I'll let it breathe and see what the consensus is before doing anything, especially without release notes. I waited a while with 1.3 since I was in the dark. The XM single shot starts a mode was a fiasco.

#13 8 years ago

I own both xmen and STLE; and while I love the uniqueness and difficulty of xmen, STLE is on a whole other level. You won't be let down with STLE compared to xmen.

That said, xmen is in a good place now; it just has a high difficulty rating for play.

#14 8 years ago

We got an update on Christmas. That's pretty cool. I'm going to begin with thank you.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

We got an update on Christmas. That's pretty cool. I'm going to begin with thank you.

Agreed, I should have started that way. I edited my original post to add a thank you

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lambertville, MI
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 74.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!