6830D062-8448-4C66-9172-62A0167E9C1B (resized).png
24805D36-4B86-469D-81CD-D3C6410F2D97 (resized).png
11iqme3qt5s11 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
2B7F146B-F390-4D5D-968C-2B7629586080 (resized).png
Z50 (resized).jpg
2019 Monkey.jpg
A94FF4E6-12E0-46BC-BEAC-FD4BBB280FC6.gif
There are 275 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

alesman tried to sell me a Wi-Fi capable water heater last week. I thought he was kidding. I settled for the old standard.

Totally worth it. You can sample the water temperature every 0.001 seconds. Feed stats into an ML algorithm and feed an idiot light on the console to glow red when the water is hot

#52 6 years ago

Just bought one of these (Bullfrog A7)

IMG_2947 (resized).jpgIMG_2947 (resized).jpg

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Vid did you read about Glenn Tipton today? Sad to hear. Wonder if they're still gonna tour. Was pretty pumped to see them this summer.

Still going to tour:

"
Glenn said: "I want everyone to know that it's vital that the JUDAS PRIEST tour go ahead and that I am not leaving the band — it's simply that my role has changed. I don't rule out the chance to go on stage as and when I feel able to blast out some PRIEST! So at some point in the not-too-distant future, I'm really looking forward to seeing all of our wonderful metal maniacs once again."

"

#54 6 years ago

Smart (or stupid) phone.

It's really something nobody needs, but plenty of idiots seem to have them.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

I think Vid should be a data miner for the government.

I'm not sure I would pass the background check

#56 6 years ago

Replica sword from Game of Thrones. This will hang next to my GoT pin once I move into my new place. I’m a big fan of the show.

http://www.valyriansteel.com/shop/swords/longclaw-jon-snow/prod_35.html

D79E5927-925E-490E-B617-CE31B5B988BA (resized).jpegD79E5927-925E-490E-B617-CE31B5B988BA (resized).jpeg

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Smart (or stupid) phone.
It's really something nobody needs, but plenty of idiots seem to have them.

I just love when I’m at Walmart and the idiot ahead of me is paying with an ebt card and has an iPhone X in their hands.....
It’s one thing to buy things you don’t need with your own money, quite another to buy things you don’t need with other people’s money.

#58 6 years ago

don't ask me why

20180213_084654 (resized).jpg20180213_084654 (resized).jpg

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

https://biemspray.com/
LTG : )
Disclaimer : Think it's really cool. Probably won't buy.

Before you buy, go look at the comments on their kickstarter.
What you really don't want to buy is another Jpop type product.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/biemspray/the-biem-butter-sprayer/comments

#60 6 years ago

Thinking about some jet ski's for summer. I used to have a Kawasaki X-2 which is a combo of a standup combined with a sit down model. I liked it because I could still perform tricks, but could sit and cruise as well. It is like driving a motorcycle on water. The new Sea-Doo Spark is smaller than most larger models and can do more tricks. Never seen anyone ride a jet-ski without a smile on their face. I need a set of jet ski's like I need a hole in the head...

X-2

Spark

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

When you look at those tiny Blutooth speakers at Bestbuy for $200 and wonder who the fnck buys that crap....
How about a Ion Audio Road Warrior 500w classD Blutooth dual 10" kicker box with 12 hours of battery life for $169 ?
Now that's stupid.
It can also just be hooked up to your car stereo, or plug a mic into it like a PA system.
https://www.buydig.com/shop/product/IONROADWARREFB/Ion-Audio-Road-Warrior-500-Watt-Rechargeable-Bluetooth-Speaker-System-IPA27-Refurbished?sdtid=11212639&omid=200&ref=cj&utm_source=CJ&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_content=4485850

The big question on this speaker is what is the Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)? 500 watts means nothing. I will take a clear 50 watt amp with very low THD over 500 watts of distorted crap. I am not an audiophile but from my experience, the THD is one of the most important factors when reproducing sound.

That being said, I have no idea what the THD is on this box but I use it all the time. Sound is great, highly portable and the design is very nice. I have seen knockoffs of them as well but I would stick with the original.
https://www.thehouseofmarley.com/speakers/get-together-bt-portable-audio-system.html

hero_get_together_em-ja006_sb_4 (resized).pnghero_get_together_em-ja006_sb_4 (resized).png

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Thinking about some jet ski's for summer. I used to have a Kawasaki X-2 which is a combo of a standup combined with a sit down model. I liked it because I could still perform tricks, but could sit and cruise as well. It is like driving a motorcycle on water. The new Sea-Doo Spark is smaller than most larger models and can do more tricks. Never seen anyone ride a jet-ski without a smile on their face. I need a set of jet ski's like I need a hole in the head...
X-2
» YouTube video
Spark
» YouTube video

https://www.sea-doo.com/watercraft/performance/rxp-x-300.html

RXP or go home!

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Salesman tried to sell me a Wi-Fi capable water heater last week. I thought he was kidding. I settled for the old standard.

Completely useless for most homes, I agree. However, we have a cabin 2 hours away that we only go to on occasional weekends. The wi-fi in the hot water heater allows me to turn it on when we're on the way up and have hot water when we arrive. I suppose I could just turn it on when we get there and wait the couple hours, but more importantly it allows me to turn it off when I'm on the drive home and forgot about it (this happens often). Has definitely paid for itself over the last couple of years.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I'm not sure I would pass the background check

I wouldn't worry, when it doesn't seem to matter for many high-level White House appointees!

#65 6 years ago

Worx Landroid automower. My Roomba sucks but I'm a slow learner.

Landroid (resized).PNGLandroid (resized).PNG

#66 6 years ago

Nixie clock kit consisting of all discrete components (around 1400!). Complete overkill (parts AND labor!) for keeping time, but it looks cool and should be fun to build. I have the kit (very nice PCB and manual) but have not started yet.

www.kabtronics.com

A78E4686-9113-4D32-9432-1736547523D3 (resized).jpegA78E4686-9113-4D32-9432-1736547523D3 (resized).jpeg

#67 6 years ago

SWEET!

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

Nixie clock kit consisting of all discrete components (around 1400!). Complete overkill (parts AND labor!) for keeping time, but it looks cool and should be fun to build. I have the kit (very nice PCB and manual) but have not started yet.
http://www.kabtronics.com

They are so mesmerizing.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

I love stuffing pcbs like this. Its like putting a puzzle together, only when you're done, it actually serves a purpose. Also, if you are missing a piece, you can replace it easily (usually).

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Before you buy, go look at the comments on their kickstarter.
What you really don't want to buy is another Jpop type product.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/biemspray/the-biem-butter-sprayer/comments

I wasn't going to buy one. Thank you for warning me and others !

LTG : )

#71 6 years ago

Ive spent nearly 20K plus at sideshow.com buying all sorts of stupid Star Wars and Batman statues/figures. I don't know what I am going to do with all that crap! I have a life size Boba Fett and Han Solo in carbonite on order. My wife is going to be ticked! Heres another example, a polystone batmobile.. 1599!!! thats right nearly 1600 bucks for a piece of stone. What the heck am I doing! Could easily put that money into stocks and make more money later. Im so dumb.

dc-comics-batman-arkham-knight-batmobile-diorama-prime-1-feature-902725 (resized).jpgdc-comics-batman-arkham-knight-batmobile-diorama-prime-1-feature-902725 (resized).jpg

#72 6 years ago

Just bought a pair of Rayban sunglasses for 150 bucks.I've never paid more than $30 in my life for shades.Kinda feel silly but I thought I would treat myself.

#73 6 years ago

Supreme X pinball machine.

Whatever it costs, whatever it takes.

I’m a hypebeast now!!!!

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

The big question on this speaker is what is the Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)? 500 watts means nothing. I will take a clear 50 watt amp with very low THD over 500 watts of distorted crap. I am not an audiophile but from my experience, the THD is one of the most important factors when reproducing sound.

That's the fun of classD.

A couple years ago I went to upgrade my truck stereo, and of course I looked first at Rockford Fosgate for amps.

My buddy who owns a auto sound shop shows me these tiny Rockfords.

I was incredulous that a 1 pound amp is going to put out 500w of clean power (I was accustomed to Rockfords being giant plates).

He put a R500 amp on the dyno, set it for 2ohm and 1% distortion limit - that mother fncker put out 611watts !

It has a MAP price of $125 and most shops will give it to your for $90 if your are not a dill bag.

-

Nowadays the bigger plate amps push out 1500 watts 1% THD for $189

It's insane:

#76 6 years ago

8 Pinball machines,going on 9

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Hmmm... probably a blowjob.

Just don't mention you paid for it, it was from a female, or the person was of below average size...or you will get downvotes

#78 6 years ago

My coffee table with built in beer fridge, led lighting, and wireless connected speakers. At a discount, had to get it for the game room.
www.sobrodesign.com

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from ChiPin1978:

My coffee table with built in beer fridge, led lighting, and wireless connected speakers. At a discount, had to get it for the game room.
http://www.sobrodesign.com

Dude that's awesome!

Quoted from Rock914:

Hmmm... probably a blowjob.

EDIT: Dude that's awesome!

#81 6 years ago

Speaking of things that no one really needs, I just bought new DJ lights & a smoke machine for my arcade. I owned a mobile DJ company back in high school and college and I’ve been obsessed with lights ever since.

A7C3AA5E-A72C-4294-BF9F-595D1540E246 (resized).pngA7C3AA5E-A72C-4294-BF9F-595D1540E246 (resized).png

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Dude that's awesome!

Thanks, I almost went for hookers and blow but I think I made the right call.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Vid did you read about Glenn Tipton today? Sad to hear. Wonder if they're still gonna tour. Was pretty pumped to see them this summer.

I saw that, what a drag. Supposed to still tour. Have tickets to see them in March that we bought months ago.

#84 6 years ago
#85 6 years ago

To go with my McIntosh stereo/home theater - It only weighs about 175 lbs...

https://www.themasterswitch.com/review-svs-pb16-ultra

#87 6 years ago

I bought this in April 2010. In 8 summers of driving I've put 28,000km (17,000mi) on it. I should have put money on my mortgage & bought something practical, but it feels soooo much better driving the car than my 2005 Ford Freestar minivan.

Camaro small (resized).jpgCamaro small (resized).jpg

#88 6 years ago

If you like that kind of stuff, make sure you check out the the NAME show in April.

It moves between Northern OH and Lower MI every few years.

http://www.namesexposition.com/photo1.htm

02-10L (resized).jpg02-10L (resized).jpg

#89 6 years ago

Steam engines are a lot of fun, and Ministeam is a great place to do business. I prefer solid fuel over electric heating simply for the authenticity of the open flame (there’s supposed to be a FIRE in the firebox, not a dimly glowing heating element!), but of course there is a convenience and safety trade-off.

Be careful though, this is one of those areas where you can use up every horizontal surface in your home obsessively collecting stuff! Ministeam sells complete carnival and workshop layouts, which should give you an idea of just how far down the rabbit hole one can go. Then, the next step is the world of Stirling engines, which are great too (the multi-cylinder ones are downright mesmerizing to watch, and they are very rewarding to build from kits).

My only unsolicited advice is to exclusively use distilled (not filtered, not R.O., and absolutely NEVER tap) water in the engines, and always oil the cylinder, valves, and other moving parts before and after running (use the steam oil they sell, a small bottle will last a very long time). Do these things and the engine will last practically forever.

#90 6 years ago

Ahhh, $60

638AA32E-1D9B-4C7C-9E7A-E42DB9A34D2F (resized).jpeg638AA32E-1D9B-4C7C-9E7A-E42DB9A34D2F (resized).jpeg

#91 6 years ago

Wtf?? That's just plain creepy as shit !

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Oh yeah?

6E666542-6F29-4EB6-95E7-A0B4F73EC5F2 (resized).jpeg6E666542-6F29-4EB6-95E7-A0B4F73EC5F2 (resized).jpeg

#93 6 years ago

Bracing for a nightmare tonight. Thanks a lot!

#94 6 years ago

Had a small handgun for years, then dedcided I wanted more all a sudden, no idea why.

20180123_165822 (resized).jpg20180123_165822 (resized).jpg

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

Looks interesting, but why does he say an oscilloscope is required to build it?

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Oh yeah?

Ok, now thats just plain messed up !!!

#97 6 years ago

Leavin money on the table baby that's $99.95 ALL DAY.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Looks interesting, but why does he say an oscilloscope is required to build it?

The high voltage power supply steps the tube voltage to 160+ volts. The oscillator circuit has to be tuned by varying some capacitors. You have to view the frequency, If you just check output voltage, the circuit could self-destruct soon after the clock is built and put into service.

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Had a small handgun for years, then dedcided I wanted more all a sudden, no idea why.

As long as it wasn't voices in your head, it's cool.

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

As long as it wasn't voices in your head, it's cool.

Hush hush. Keep it down now. Voices carry.

There are 275 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stupid-things-you-dont-need-but-you-are-gonna-buy/page/2?hl=grimdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.