7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Otaku
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

merc_(resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

What do you call the big plastic guides (some look like 2" flipper bats) that are mounted on playfields? Basically doing the same thing as plastic post with rings on them but larger. Several different shapes were used and it seems the most common looks like a 2" flipper bat.

I am parting out a few "junk" woodrails and I don't know what to call them when I list them for sale.

THANKS!

#2 7 years ago

I would call them a 2" flipper bat style lane guide. They are molded the same and can be interchanged with a 2" flipper bat only they don't say "Flipper" on them.

#3 7 years ago

I have what looks like a red "flipper" bat on the top left of the Mercury. Is this what you mean? It's not a flipper but a guide. On this machine, it helps redirect the ball after it's been kicked out of the 1 kicker.

merc_(resized).jpgmerc_(resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago

Exactly what I am talking about. But they made them in several shapes like triangle and a kind of flattened diamond as well as flipper bat style (is what I have had so far). I just want to be able to list them so people will find them if they are looking for them.

THANKS!

#5 7 years ago

Also pre pop bumpers came in a diamond shape as well as round. How would you list those? Again just trying to get parts to people who are looking for them and want to be sure I call them by correct name.

THANKS AGAIN!

#6 7 years ago

I would be sure to list them with pictures.

#7 7 years ago

My issue is I list my parts for sale on eBay and need to know what to use as a title to get potential buyers to find the listings. I have been doing pinball parts on eBay for several years now to get some of my excess parts inventory to people who need those parts. I don't have a ton of woodrail experience and trying to research certain items online has been tough.

#8 7 years ago

"Vintage Pinball Part"

#9 7 years ago

Flipper that doesn't flip?

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Flipper that doesn't flip?

Just an "err..."

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stupid-question-for-woodrail-guys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.