(Topic ID: 333162)

Stupid question--Could I get electrocuted by my pin?

By raisindot

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Bud
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

JamesBond-Pro-Details-Strobe-30-akjn3f-scaled (resized).jpg
    EuNyMiX (resized).jpeg
    Electrocuted.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinRetail.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 1 year ago

Absolutely you can be killed by the electricity in your pinball when it's plugged in.

You are in considerable more danger when you are standing in a puddle of water in a basement, making sure you are directly connected to earth ground.

However... the danger is only if there is something (ANYTHING) not right. A plug miswired. A wire that is connecting where it shouldn't be.

The problem is, you won't know for sure that you have every part of your 115V circuit safely wired. Brand new pinballs have had their neutral and hot wires reversed by accident.

Don't fool around here.

The best answer is to have your buddy an electrician check the machine. Your second best answer is to wait until things are dry before plugging things in.

115v kills more people than any other voltage.

"There are old electricians, and there are bold electricians, but there are no old bold electricians."

Don't be bold.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from Redwizard000:

I've been zapped by a few pinball machines that weren't wet...

Me too! And these were machines that I had shopped!

It's easy to miss some previous technician's work-around that now is providing an electrical hazard, even for an experienced pinball tech.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinRetail.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stupid-question-could-i-get-electrocuted-by-my-pin?tu=PinRetail and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.