(Topic ID: 57180)

Stupid pinball pickup: too hot for Pin*Bot?

By NJGecko

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Noahs_Arcade
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

snow_2011.jpg
2013-07-18_13.45.31.jpg

#1 6 years ago

So I've been chasing around a local Pin*Bot for a while now. Fella was getting ready to move, it had been in his house for a decade or so. Needs some love. But I got it for a good price (well south of $1k).

Unfortunately due to a combination of circumstances, today was the only workable time to get the machine. A buddy of mine was in the area with his vehicle so it saved me a separate trip. And the owner is moving tomorrow.

So it's the hottest day in NYC like a furnace. The guy already had all of his air conditioners packed up. I was working like mad to get the machine ready. My buddy comes, but we can't leave his car on the side of the street for too long so we couldn't take the time to break the machine down and get it on the dolly so we just carried it down the steps and across the street. We took the legs off and loaded it there. And back to work I go, suit and tie.

Remind me to NOT move a machine like that again!

2013-07-18_13.45.31.jpg

#2 6 years ago

It's so worth it, though...isn't it?

--Luke

#3 6 years ago

nice looking pinbot....

#4 6 years ago

I need to post more pictures, but yea, it was pretty nice...topper intact and cabinet decent. Just need to get it unloaded tonight. Guess when I'm moving a machine in January and it's ten below outside I will think back on this....

#5 6 years ago

Wow. Can't believe you did that today. I would have been a soaked mess. I teach so I'm off for the summer. Only thing I'm doing is sitting in the ac or jumping in the pool. I felt the heat through my shoes before when I stepped out to retrieve the mail. It's bad and tomorrow is supposed to be worse. Congrats on the score!

#6 6 years ago

Sweet, sweet pick up NJG....I miss mine as I'm having my PF restored but it will be well worth it in the end as I think PINBOT is an absolute keeper. It's an all around fantastic solid state pin. I live in MD and got out side by 9:30 this aM to mow the yard and still was suffering in the heat....not fun. But I would of pulled off this pin pick up of yours as well.....so good decision! Sometimes it's now or never

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

And back to work I go, suit and tie.

Ah, sticky in the office.

Pinbot's worth it. Great game, congrats!

#8 6 years ago

It's not even that hot in Houston, TX today...high 94 here. Brutal for you guys not used to the heat (says 97 in New York).

#9 6 years ago

You just might be a pin addict. Welcome to the club.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

It's not even that hot in Houston, TX today...high 94 here. Brutal for you guys not used to the heat (says 97 in New York).

Oh we are used to the heat....but nobody enjoys the humidity here on the east...it's brutally brutal this time of year!!

#11 6 years ago

NJ.........you like pinball MUCH more than I do!

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Oh we are used to the heat....but nobody enjoys the humidity here on the east...it's brutally brutal this time of year!!

As bad as the heat/humidity is here....I'll take it over shoveling snow in the winter

#13 6 years ago

Sweet, sweet pick up NJG....I miss mine as I'm having my PF restored but it will be well worth it in the end as I think PINBOT is an absolute keeper. It's an all around fantastic solid state pin. I live in MD and got out side by 9:30 this aM to mow the yard and still was suffering in the heat....not fun. But I would of pulled off this pin pick up of yours as well.....so good decision! Sometimes it's now or never

After next week I should be diving head first back into it. Its been a hectic couple of months

#14 6 years ago

As bad as the heat/humidity is here....I'll take it over shoveling snow in the winter

Not me! Give me that foot of snow any day. Back stone smoking deck 2011...ahhhhhh!

snow_2011.jpg

#15 6 years ago

6 years in vermont has me pretty well conditioned to NOT like the heat...
But actually it's the combination of the heat, humidity, and what it does to New York City. It brings out a smell that's indescribable...

#16 6 years ago

Haha it was a high in the low 80s in Dallas a few days ago. Wtf is going on with these weather patterns

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

After next week I should be diving head first back into it. Its been a hectic couple of months

Not a worry at all my friend

#18 6 years ago

I was expecting to see a machine with melted ramps and plastics. Glad that was not the case. Congrats on the pick up!

#19 6 years ago

Ouch - pinbots are heavy!

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Not me! Give me that foot of snow any day. Back stone smoking deck 2011...ahhhhhh!

All I see is work that needs to be done getting the snow out of there.

#21 6 years ago

Hats off to you NJG! It is hot but I would've done the same.

#22 6 years ago

Thanks...it's still at my friend's house today since it was in his truck yesterday, but off to collect it after work today!

#23 6 years ago

Congrats! I'm still looking for a good Pinbot and would have done the same as well!

I just picked up a very nice Funhouse in Jersey this past Wednesday. Thermometer read 101 in the truck on the Garden State Parkway. Only had to move the pin from the garage to the bed of the truck 10 feet away and we were still sweating bullets! Gross.

#24 6 years ago

nobody enjoys the humidity here on the east

I grew up in Houston and relish any day where the temperature and humidity numbers match in the summer.

Quoted from NJGecko:

It brings out a smell that's indescribable...

So gross, so true.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Manchester Township, NJ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canfield, OH

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside