7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Bigpin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I sold a pinball keyfob on ebay recently and the buyer just sent me an email saying that it broke in half. This is the first time I have had anything break in shipping. He wants a refund and I am curious as to what would be an appropriate amount.

It sold for the start price of $4.99 and the shipping charge was $3.00 in the auction, so a total of $7.99. The actual USPS shipping turned out to be about $1.00, and my shipping charge per ebay included all of their fee gouging as well as the backside gouging from paypal.

I shipped it in a nice bubbled envelope, so I feel that it was well packaged.

Now that you have read to this point and wasted a minute of your life getting to this point of my post, would you care to waste another 30 seconds and suggest what the amount of the refund I should offer?

Thanks

#2 7 years ago

Full price the buyer paid including shipping, good karma and hopefully good feedback for low $, even if he is ripping you off

#3 7 years ago

well I guess it all depends on what kind of feedback you want... sad to say, even something that's not your fault might cost you... I'd say full refund since it's only 8 bucks.

#4 7 years ago

Get them to send you a picture of it to make sure it's really broken before refunding.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from APOLLO_13:

well I guess it all depends on what kind of feedback you want... sad to say, even something that's not your fault might cost you... I'd say full refund since it's only 8 bucks.

+1

Even if he's a scammer I'd full refund him, neg feedback sucks for $8

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinballer:

Get them to send you a picture of it to make sure it's really broken before refunding.

^^

#7 7 years ago

Full refund. eBay will refund final value fees, paypal will refund fees when you refund. How would you like to be treated in the same situation? A bubble envelope isn't sufficient for a somewhat brittle plastic piece.

#8 7 years ago

Refund all the way. $8 isn't worth ruining your EBay account over.

#9 7 years ago

i had some jerkwad not like a TZ mod i sold him - 30 dollars or so. I sent him two items too - one he says he never got (in the same box no less - guys a scammer!).

So he says he doesnt like the one he got, wants the 30 back.

I refused out of principal - its as is you saw the pics beforehand. Long and short he went through Paypal, no questions asked, they refunded the money to him, and the azz gave me neg feedback.

Best neg feedback i ever got. I say stick to principal - who cares about one ding out of hundreds.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 199.99
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 29.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 28.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 129.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside