3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Hazmat9
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazmat9.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Good Day, this is really puzzling me and hopefully someone can shed light on it. I've started my last leg of re-doing a Bally's Aladdin's Castle and I'm rebuilding the flippers. I've got the rebuild kits and new coils. Now the coils have the sleeve inserted in them and only fit one way, with the tab opposite to the coil stop. The issue is that this is not how the original coils are mounted...in fact, I have two Aladdin Castle playfields and the tabs are always near the coil stop. Should I leave it this way or remove the coil sleeve and reverse to match the original? And lastly, if I keep the coil sleeves in the way they were sent with the new coils and mount the tab opposite the coil stop, do I reverse the wiring or keep it the same? (I watched Vid's Guide to flipper rebuilding and it appears he reverses the coil orientation tab away from coil stop). See, stupid questions always require help...thanks!

#4 3 years ago

Many thanks, I thought I was going nuts seeing them installed both ways. BTW, off this particular topic but does anyone know where I can buy those light sockets for pop bumpers that have the extra long extensions to solder to the underside of the playfield? Thanks again for everyone's help!

#6 3 years ago

Fantastic, I've quite a few people mention that Pinball Resource is the best....I'll take a look for those sockets, thanks!

1 month later
#8 3 years ago

I was pretty luck Rikoshay, the legs were long enough with the exception of one....which I soldered in a piece of braided wire.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazmat9.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stupid-bally-flipper-coil-question?tu=hazmat9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.