Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 days ago by Hazmat9
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 62 days ago

Good Day, this is really puzzling me and hopefully someone can shed light on it. I've started my last leg of re-doing a Bally's Aladdin's Castle and I'm rebuilding the flippers. I've got the rebuild kits and new coils. Now the coils have the sleeve inserted in them and only fit one way, with the tab opposite to the coil stop. The issue is that this is not how the original coils are mounted...in fact, I have two Aladdin Castle playfields and the tabs are always near the coil stop. Should I leave it this way or remove the coil sleeve and reverse to match the original? And lastly, if I keep the coil sleeves in the way they were sent with the new coils and mount the tab opposite the coil stop, do I reverse the wiring or keep it the same? (I watched Vid's Guide to flipper rebuilding and it appears he reverses the coil orientation tab away from coil stop). See, stupid questions always require help...thanks!

#2 62 days ago

Keep the wiring the same on the lugs - people flip the lug end of the coil to the opposite side to prevent the wires on the coil from being subjected to shock and possibly breaking.

#3 61 days ago

no stupid questions at all IMO

your call, but i'd keep it original.
as long as none of the coil terminals touch the coil stop your okay.

just because coil sleeves are put in one way when packed doesn't mean that that is the correct orientation.

#4 61 days ago

Many thanks, I thought I was going nuts seeing them installed both ways. BTW, off this particular topic but does anyone know where I can buy those light sockets for pop bumpers that have the extra long extensions to solder to the underside of the playfield? Thanks again for everyone's help!

#5 61 days ago

If you own an EM your first source for parts should be pinball resource. He does so much to provide/make parts for the EM games and usually has the cheapest prices. Other sellers often buy from him and then charge a margin.

Yes, he has those lamp sockets.

#6 60 days ago

Fantastic, I've quite a few people mention that Pinball Resource is the best....I'll take a look for those sockets, thanks!

#7 60 days ago

should your pop bumper lamp socket legs not be long enough, you can solder an extra piece of wire on and cover in heatshrink, aslo insulating from the pop bumper body.

1 month later
#8 27 days ago

I was pretty luck Rikoshay, the legs were long enough with the exception of one....which I soldered in a piece of braided wire.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside