• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Lucky Ace problem (resized).JPG
outhole circuit (resized).JPG
DC96D310-2E28-4186-9389-4E16BC7278F7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lorenb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

I have a Lucky Ace that is playing as it should except for one thing. When the ball drains or a start of new game the machine goes through all startup and eject ball to shooter. The score motor continues to run which continues to pulse the ball eject coil even though the ball is already in the shooter lane. It will sometime run 2 more times, sometimes no extra turns, and sometimes 5-6. It always does complete the cycle and starts the game. The bonus works as it should and is pulsed to initial 1000. I’ve look at score motor contacts 4A, 5B, and 6B and they appear to be workings. I did notice, for whatever reason, that the outhole relay is locked and release as the problem stops. Any ideas? Thank you

DC96D310-2E28-4186-9389-4E16BC7278F7 (resized).jpegDC96D310-2E28-4186-9389-4E16BC7278F7 (resized).jpeg
#3 1 year ago

I think it is correct but will go back and double check. To me, something is driving the score motor and as a results the outhole relay and consequently the ball release coil.

#6 1 year ago

Paulace and others, thank you. This seemed so obvious but just could not see it. Turns out the outhole switch WAS the problem. I thought I could see a gap but apparently there was not enough and the machine vibrating caused an issue. This tech forum is the best.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lorenb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stumped-lucky-ace-ball-release?tu=lorenb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.