You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Lucky Ace problem (resized).JPG
outhole circuit (resized).JPG
DC96D310-2E28-4186-9389-4E16BC7278F7 (resized).jpeg

#1 2 days ago

I have a Lucky Ace that is playing as it should except for one thing. When the ball drains or a start of new game the machine goes through all startup and eject ball to shooter. The score motor continues to run which continues to pulse the ball eject coil even though the ball is already in the shooter lane. It will sometime run 2 more times, sometimes no extra turns, and sometimes 5-6. It always does complete the cycle and starts the game. The bonus works as it should and is pulsed to initial 1000. I’ve look at score motor contacts 4A, 5B, and 6B and they appear to be workings. I did notice, for whatever reason, that the outhole relay is locked and release as the problem stops. Any ideas? Thank you

DC96D310-2E28-4186-9389-4E16BC7278F7 (resized).jpeg
#2 2 days ago

Is that switch on the Outhole Relay in its locking circuit opening? That switch is in series with the m/b Motor 5B switch and should have B-BLU and BLU-R wires.

There aren't that many switches that should be able to hold the Outhole Relay on:

outhole circuit (resized).JPG
#3 2 days ago

I think it is correct but will go back and double check. To me, something is driving the score motor and as a results the outhole relay and consequently the ball release coil.

#4 2 days ago
Quoted from lorenb:

I have a Lucky Ace that is playing as it should except for one thing. When the ball drains or a start of new game the machine goes through all startup and eject ball to shooter. The score motor continues to run which continues to pulse the ball eject coil even though the ball is already in the shooter lane. It will sometime run 2 more times, sometimes no extra turns, and sometimes 5-6. It always does complete the cycle and starts the game. The bonus works as it should and is pulsed to initial 1000. I’ve look at score motor contacts 4A, 5B, and 6B and they appear to be workings. I did notice, for whatever reason, that the outhole relay is locked and release as the problem stops. Any ideas? Thank you[quoted image]

I had a similar issue on mine, where the motor would run extra turns sometimes.

Although I did not have the outhole kicking additional times (that might be something else), I did have and issue where the score motor would rotate additional times. For me, I found that the inertia on the motor was enough to push it past the rest position of the cams. I ended up taking mine off hi-tap, and adding more tension to the switch stacks which seems to help stop the rotation at the appropriate spot.

There is also a bit of a race condition on some of the stacks, this is typically the bonus counter, where even tho it is on the same stack, one switch needs to close before the other.. or something like that.. but it doesn't sound like the bonus is your issue.

#5 2 days ago

There's a switch on the Outhole Relay that drives the score motor - not the other way around. As long as the Outhole Relay is locked on, the score motor will run. You're trying to figure out why the Outhole Relay is locked on.

Lucky Ace problem (resized).JPG
#6 1 day ago

Paulace and others, thank you. This seemed so obvious but just could not see it. Turns out the outhole switch WAS the problem. I thought I could see a gap but apparently there was not enough and the machine vibrating caused an issue. This tech forum is the best.

#7 1 day ago

Glad you got if figured out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Men
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfields
Detrick Pinball Shop
Playfields
$ 7.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!