(Topic ID: 244275)

Solved- Gottlieb System 3 flipper issue (Freddy)

By Shredso

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Shredso
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I'm down to the last (I hope) major issue on my Freddy project. The glove flipper isn't working. This is a little challenging to troubleshoot. There is no flipper test in solenoid test, and the glove flipper only works when a relay is activated. The good news is, this is a simple flipper system and I'm totally stumped as to why it isn't working. Glove Flipper relay works in diagnostics. Pressing the relay manually gets me voltage on all 3 lugs, 62v (the other coils are getting 66). Grounding the non banded side of the other flippers activates the coil. Grounding the non banded side of the glove flipper does nothing. This was done while holding in the relay, there is voltage at the coil. The coil is brand new from PBR. I'm getting 4.5 ohms across the outside lugs. I'm getting 5.2 on the right flipper coil, and 16 ohms on the left flipper coil. This is clearly odd. Lower flippers work fine, and I think they are both new coils as well. Any ideas? I suppose I could swap the glove flipper coil to a known working setup, but I'm confident the coil is fine.

#2 4 years ago

Sunday bump! About to dive back into this thing. I know I'm missing something stupid.

#3 4 years ago

Been many, many years since I fooled with a Freddy, but aren't the flips allowed on the glove limited? Just thinking out loud here...

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from paragon66x:

Been many, many years since I fooled with a Freddy, but aren't the flips allowed on the glove limited? Just thinking out loud here...

Yes, they are very limited, which makes troubleshooting a nightmare. I swapped in a known working coil and nothing changes. The new coil was fine.

#5 4 years ago

Glove flipper works! It was either the Q relay or the glove flipper relay that was dirty. I'm pretty sure it was the Q relay.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek
Toys/Add-ons
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stumped-gottlieb-system-3-flipper-issue-freddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.