• 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by j_m_
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

293601667_2038877029648203_8798834624691265091_n (resized).jpg
5AD18828-0480-479F-B503-55F5F216CC95 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
36F2007A-14AC-46E8-B0BD-05B2CC900949 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
271837C9-1AFA-496D-B121-484063B15841 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
DC5F2598-E3FB-48BE-87E2-C40397C40EF5 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
snack bar mod (resized).jpg
11 (resized).jpg
10 (resized).jpg
9 (resized).jpg
8 (resized).jpg
7 (resized).jpg
6 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stumblor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Swink's snackbar mod (in all its versions) has been *the* mod the get for Creech for a good while now. When I received mine, I was really impressed with the craftmanship and attention to detail. More importantly, it just looks great - really adding a swag of character to a game that's already filled with it.

A little project that I've been thinking about for a while now is a lighting mod for the snackbar, some kind of RGB colour changing for the 'neon' strip, and a way to animate the letters of s-n-a-c-k-b-a-r so that it looks and behaves a bit more like a vintage neon sign.

Over the last few days I've had the chance to work on this project a bit, and have made some good progress.

* Arduino microcontroller
* Powered by the snackbar insert, so plug n play with the existing snackbar lighting
* Neon strip lighting colours controllable via DIP switch (7 colours), single or multiple colour mixing
* Snackbar wording lighting colour (7 colours) controllable via DIP switch
* Two animation patterns available for both strips, selectable via DIP
* A guarantee that the ugly white PCB you see below will never *ever* be used by me (ever) again. Unless I'm working on a boyz II men mod. I sweaar!

I always try to make things as easy to install as possible (and reversable) but there's a few considerations when powering from the insert. During attract mod, the insert flashes on/off every second or so, which doesn't play nicely with the arduino's 2s boot time. After doing a bit of research on that today I think i can skirt around that by using the optiboot boot loader, which drastically reduces boot times to something like 60ms. Yet to test that, so tba.

The other issue is that even when the snackbar insert is on, it flashes, which means that the voltage won't be constant. It behaves similar to an unsmoothed rectified voltage. I haven't scoped it, but it's approximately every 100ms . Obviously that isn't going to work with the power section I had planned, but as per how you would smooth a rectified input, adding a 5600uf smoothing capacitor to the power input resolved it.

Anyway, enough chit chat. Video or it didn't happen!

Comments, feedback, verbal attacks, fawning praise.. all welcome.

prototype board (resized).pngprototype board (resized).png

==============
INTERESTING POSTS
==============

Post #33 - Expected Price Information

Post #65 - Patterns 1,2 and 3 Video

Post #85 - Pattern 4 "Knight Rider" Video

#4 3 years ago

Nah - i'm more of a green hologram kinda guy!

#8 3 years ago

The move your snackbar (modception) mod gets a mention on the pinball show podcast ep 24. Thanks Zach & Dennis!! Humbled.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5AYkQ7BjjPHTLYoez5XWty?si=lruwWMeLTJe0xuaNp5JX6g

(51 mins in if you're a bit lazy)

New rev of the board getting delivered next week. Will open the list to UK first then will announce here a few weeks after that. More details soon.

Thanks to everyone for all the interest and support.

#11 3 years ago

New revision with correct signage (thanks @swinks!) and the new smoothing cap.

Screenshot 2020-08-06 at 14.26.30 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-08-06 at 14.26.30 (resized).png
#13 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Starting a list for chaps outside the UK? I’m in!

Great, thanks for the support! Added.

#18 3 years ago

Nice one, all added to the OS list. Big thanks!

#23 3 years ago

No probs - all added. Thanks very much everyone, great to get so much interest and support.

Looks like I'm going to need to put another pcb order through!

#25 3 years ago

Sure thing, and thanks. Added.

#27 3 years ago

Great stuff. On the list as well.

#30 3 years ago

Nice one, thanks for the support - added.

#33 3 years ago

No you didn't miss it - I was going to post something a bit more formal once the final testing round had been completed.

Delivered to to the UK, the cost is looking like it is going to be £70.

Delivery to the US is around £20 per board. So, in USD the cost is looking like $119 delivered.

For other countries (we have some on the list in Canada, France, and Australia) assume around £20 delivery but we can work out on a case by case.

Also, added you to the list Many thanks!

#35 3 years ago

Nice one. Added, and thanks for the support.

#39 3 years ago

No worries guys, both added, and many thanks.

#41 3 years ago

Great stuff - and thanks. Added.

Final revision is getting built this week, will post some board assembly pictures. The first 5 or so due to go out to people in the UK and then the overseas list will start getting fulfilled a few weeks. Currently have 26 people total across both lists which is far more than I expected. Huge thanks to everyone for all the support.

Davey

#43 3 years ago

Hi Matt - yep all good mate I have you down.

There was one final revision I needed to do to the board so a new batch en route. I will hopefully start building the final board and getting these out to UK members ion the next week or so.

Will post some updates soon.

1 week later
#46 3 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

please put me on the list

Sure thing - added - thanks for the support!

Quoted from ToucanF16:

Been quiet here for five days. Any news to share?

The latest revision of the boards arrived a week ago and had some component sizing issues, so had to make a couple of alterations. I expect this new batch boards to arrive next week hopefully, which will mean I can start fulfilling the UK list very soon after that, following by all the US and overseas people who have shown interest. So, probably still a few weeks away. Apologies for the holdup but just want to make sure that everything is right before I start sending stuff over the pond.

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from AnthonyT:Can you add me to the list, I'd like one. Thank you

#50 3 years ago

Final revision of the board is all ready to go, getting sent out to beta testers in the UK in the next few days. Still some final work to do on the code to introduce another (dip switch selectable) pattern to the s-n-a-c-k-b-a-r lights, most likely all lit up with random letters flickering on/off like a slightly broken neon sign - however I'm up for other suggestions if anyone has any brilliant ideas!

Quoted from AnthonyT:

Can you add me to the list, I'd like one. Thank you

Sure thing, added, and thanks for the support.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#55 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

How many selectable patterns will it have?

Currently each DIP switch bank has 7 selectable colour switches and one 'pattern' switch. That means that for both the neon strip and the snackbar wording, you can separately choose the colour of that strip and one of two patterns. The patterns can run sequentially though - so only limited by the amount of time invested in building them

Also good to point out in that while the neon strip allows you to 'mix' the colour scheme (blue with pink, green with red) the snackbar wording only shows as a single (selectable) colour - I found its looks much better this way. What this means is that we don't actually need as many dedicated DIP switches for that colour selection, as 3 switches could be used in a binary configuration to select the colour, freeing up more switches for pattern selection on the snackbar wording, which is where all the fun patterns will be going anyway.

Quoted from mavantix:

Fade or slow pulse might be cool, light then sequentially, then turn them off sequentially...maybe slow flash them like 3 times, could be cool to have a mode that does all the options in a longer pattern...

Quoted from swinks:

I am thinking off for a little bit 5-10 seconds
- then flickering / blink randomly (neon warming up) over 5-10 seconds
- and then go solid but dull and slowly get bright from a soft glow over 20-30 seconds,
- then letters pulse through a few times over 10-15 seconds
- then fade to off over 20-25 seconds
- then 5-10 seconds break
and go through the sequence again, with each sequence being 60 - 90 seconds and gives a variety of effects and simulate a night at the drive-in.

Great suggestion guys - keep em coming! Starting building more patterns today so will posts some WIP videos of that soon.

Quoted from Manny65:

Looks awesome!! So glad you swapped out that white PCB

You and me both. What was I thinking!? Blue, red and black PCBs all look great but those white ones are RANK.

#58 3 years ago

Rightio then! Got busy today doing the (perhaps final) pattern work for the mod before it gets sent out to beta testers tomorrow. Hopefully incorporating some of the suggestions put forward by people. If you think it looks wack, or have any other helpful suggestions, pipe up. Be good to hear for you.

Apologies for the video not being in situ. You'll have to use your imagination a bit! Top strip is for the neon, bottom strip is for the s-n-a-c-k-b-a-r wording.

The patterns as they currently stand are..

Neon
------
Patterns: Mutually exclusive - ie only one can be selected
Colours: 7 selectable options, mixable.

1 - Water Ripple (selectable)
2 - Linear (selectable)

Snackbar
----------
Patterns: Mutually inclusive - ie all patterns can be either on or off, and will play in sequence
Colours: 7 selectable options, one colour only.

0 - Neon lightup sequence (always on, only plays during bootup)
1 - Letters on, letters off. Now with random letter flickers to simulate broken neons. (selectable)
2 - Flash on, flash off (selectable)
3 - Fast individual letters (selectable)
4 - Slow fade (selectable)

Hope you like it.

Davey

Quoted from josh5859:

Add me to the US list please. Looks awesome

Quoted from Gizmata:

Please add me to the US list as well. Thanks.

Sure thing, added. Thanks so much!

#65 3 years ago

Quick video of the new patterns in situ:

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Please add me to your US list, thanks!

Done, and many thanks!

#74 3 years ago

I realised this afternoon that the snackbar lighting can either be setup on the GI line or on the Snackbar insert (where I currently have it, so it turns on when the snackbar opens). To avoid any potential mishaps when plugging into the wrong line, I'm going to add a bridge rectifier to the board so that it can also be powered from the AC GI. Unfortunately that will require another board revision. Bit annoying, but glad I picked it up now rather than later.

We're going to push on with the beta testing in the meantime so that hopefully we will have that finished by the time the new boards arrive.

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Stumblor, the mod looks great, can you please add me to the U.S. list. Thanks so much.

Many thanks, glad you like it! Added.

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from JoshuahJacobs:

This is awesome. I'm down for picking one up.

Quoted from tpoeckh:

Please add me to the US list.

Quoted from tpoeckh:

Please add me to the US list.

Nice one, thanks very much everyone. All added.

#85 3 years ago

So I had one DIP position left over for a final pattern, so this is it. I call it 'Knight Rider' - If you're about as old as I am, you'll know why!

(starts after a second or two)

#95 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yes. Which is why it was so good. Did you miss the smiley face?

Honestly guys I would try and break up this pun skuffle but it's not worth the hassle... hoff.

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Please add me to the U.S. list...this looks awesome!

Quoted from qbass187:

This is awesome! Add me to the list if it’s still open!

Quoted from 2manypins:

Please add me to the list. Thanks

Sure thing - thanks for the support everyone, much appreciated. All added!

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from SolarGarlic:

Looking great. I'd like to hop on the US list as well, please.

Quoted from Coindork:

I would like to be added to the list as well.
Shipping to the US.

Great, thanks so much! Both added.

2 weeks later
#103 3 years ago

Apologies for the lack up updates recently. I'm still waiting on two shipments to arrive before I can start fulfilling the list. The first is the new board designs, which should be sometime this week, and the second is a bulk package of Arduino Nanos. Unfortunately this package was returned to China due to unpaid import fees, although I was never notified *sigh*. The strain on RoyalMail here in the UK at the moment is really noticeable. While I wait for that package to enjoy its circumnavigation of the globe, I've ordered another 50 Nanos from another supplier, which will hopefully arrive sooner. Still looking like a couple of weeks though. I'll keep everyone updated.

In other news, the UK beta testing has gone really well, with nothing major popping up during the install or usage tests. Looks like the only consideration worth mentioning will be those people on v1 of the Swinks mod, as the EL wire for that version wasn't being powered by the insert or GI. In later versions the LED strips are powered by a comet matrix adapter, plugged into either the Snackbar insert or the GI. It's this matrix adapter that is used to power my mod, so we may have to look at supplying that adapter for anyone missing it. When it comes time to start fulfilling the list I'll PM everyone separately to work out those details.

Really keen to get started, so please bear with me while we wait patiently for the mailman.

#107 3 years ago

Hey Jimmy @compy, thanks for the kind words. I've been following your TZ backboard work, absolutely next level stuff mate, and clearly getting the attention and excitement it deserves. Fantastic to see so many great projects starting to see the light of day. Now, if only we could get this supply chain sorted.. my workshop is starting to look like a badly run mail sorting centre. Looking forward to the day when it can go back to looking like a badly run workshop again.

Appreciate the offer of help too, you may live to regret that

All the best, Davey

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from bryanpblack:

Hi Davey, amazing work on the lighting mod! I can't say enough good things about Jady and the Snackbar Mod and I'd definitely like to support your work here and get added to the USA list.
Keep up the awesome!
~ Bryan

Sure thing Bryan, and appreciate the kind words. Jady's snackbar mod is a stone cold classic. Added!

#110 3 years ago

Just waiting on the Nanos now

1 week later
#112 3 years ago

The first shipment of Nanos has arrived, which means we're now ready to start fulfilling orders

I'll be building and sending them out in batches of 10 or so, with the UK list being done first. The US/OS list will follow very closely after that. Expect a PM in your inbox in the next week or so laying out all the details.

Thanks for your patience!

Quoted from Bam_Man:

Very interested, could you add me to the US list if you're still taking orders.

Sure thing, added!

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

Please add me to your list.

Quoted from Guy_with_a_Pin:

Please add me to the list

Both added, thanks!

Quoted from Compy:

Congrats on getting this mod into customers' hands! That alone is a huge feat. I know the stress that comes with the first shipments and the constant mental laps of "Did it arrive safely? Will they like it? Were the instructions clear? Did I forget a cable or something in the box?"
Wouldn't trade it for the world. If I had a creech, I'd definitely toss this in! Will drop a line to a friend that does who has been super helpful testing things out for an upcoming project!
-- Jimmy

Thanks Jimmy. I know exactly what you mean. Add to that .. Did I put the right postage label on the right box? I have had to develop a process to make sure everything gets done in the right order, but I tell you what, it has certainly given me a newfound respect for people who work in fulfilment centers!

Definitely exciting (and a wee bit scary) to be at this stage of the project. Really looking forward to getting some of the first reactions back in.

Davey

#121 3 years ago

First two boards went out today! That includes yours @fifty. Four more to make on the UK list then I'll shift over to the US/OS list. Emails coming soon laying out the details.

Quoted from 2manypins:

Looking forward to receiving mine. I have 1.o version.

Great stuff, i'll make a note about your version (all v1 users need an additional Comet Matrix adapter).

20201007_091912 (resized).jpg20201007_091912 (resized).jpg
#123 3 years ago

Thanks swinks appreciate the offer! I'll do a stocktake and see how many I have. I'm guessing around 1 in 5 people will have v1s on the list?

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballPat:

Please add me to your list!

Of course, thanks! Added.

#127 3 years ago

Last four UK boards going out today, exciting times. Looking forward to getting starting on the US/OS list, not far away now.

1 week later
#128 3 years ago

Those people who recently received PM & invoices, your mods are ready! woot woot!

These are #8 - 15. Should be be starting on the next 8 sometime next week. Check your PMs!

2 weeks later
#129 3 years ago

Next 9 boards ready. All those recently contacted, expect your tracking details tomorrow. Packages to the US seem to be arriving relatively quickly by RoyalMail which is great considering everything that's going on at the moment.

So, that means all boards up to #31 complete. I'm able to make around 8 or so a week at the moment, fitted around other commitments. There is currently 52 people on the list, so I should be able to get to everyone in the next 3 weeks. Those at the back, not long to wait now! Really appreciate everyone's patience, trust, and enthusiasm.

If you've already received your board, and you feel like you want to post some feedback here, go nuts. I'd love to hear about your experience.

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

I got mine today in the US, hope to install it this weekend. thanks!

Quoted from Manny65:

Received mine today - pretty happy with 2.5 weeks for delivery from UK to Aust given the lack of flights atm

That's great - let me know how you get on with the install!

Quoted from ToucanF16:

How many are on your list right now? I bet you’ve been busy making these.

52 people on the list, which is way more than I expected, and only one or two dropoffs which is incredible. Great to get so much interest. There's been lots of soldering to do, which isn't great on the eyes, but I've got a bit of a rhythm going with it now and make sure I only do a few at a time. Going at it like this I can crack through about 8-10 a week, which means we should have everyones out the door in a week or two.

Then it's onto the next creech project!

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Any hints on what you have planned???

Quoted from ToucanF16:

Spill the beans!

Haha... sure why not. I suppose we can do a little sneak peek!

The new mod I've been working on is a replacement chase board for creech called the "Chase Echo" which aims to introduce some new patterns to the chase lights in the ramp and bowl, and (most importantly) fade the LEDs in a nice way so the don't look so static and on/off-y. A few of you might know that there has already been a couple of attempts at a redesign for this board, both as a direct repro and also some that provide additional patterns, but none so far that has managed to implement proper LED fading.

Until now of course

The reason this one has taken so long to come out is because the initial version I produced used PWM fading, which uses DC. While this worked great at fading the LEDs, it meant that all the bulbs needed to be oriented correctly in the ramp and bowl to achieve the correct polarity, which was a major installation fafforama and not really achieving the plug-n-play installation that I wanted. So it was back to the drawing board in order to produce a board that could fade the LEDs using AC.

This was the end result - Chase echo v1.1 - which uses falling edge AC dimming. And a crapload of mosfets.

Here's a little video that I produced to show the patterns, because why not eh? Put the headphones on the music is great.

I'll create a full thread for this soon, once the UK beta testing has finished (only about a week or so away!)

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Oh hell yeah, I’m in!

I'll start a list

Still a couple of things to look at that have come back from beta testing but will post here with a link to the new thread when we're all ready to go. Thanks!

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Ok, put me in the Chase Echo list!

Quoted from Mank:

I'll be on the Chase Echo list. Thanks

Sure thing, added. Many thanks for the support, again!

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from n4297m:

Great, I just got done installing the last mod and now another outstanding mod, you’re killing me. Davey, I absolutely love the snack bar mod. It really enhances the game and was a breeze to install. I really appreciated the color coded connectors. Could you put me on he list for this mod? Thanks again for bringing these mods to the community.

That's great feedback, thanks! So far so good on the installs, sounds as though the beta testing we did was able to iron out most of the confusion.

Got you on the list for the Chase Echo too. Many thanks!

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Nothing like a good fafforama. When's the Pixlpane mod happening?

Fafforamas are all the rage these days it seems! So yeah, thats definately still in the pipes too, Jady and I have been sending ideas and designs back and forth over the last few weeks, when we find time in between work on other projects. Will post some news on that when it's progressed a bit further.

#151 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

If the snack bar mod list isn't full, I'd like to be added, just got notification my Swinks mod is coming soon. Thanks!

Sure, thing. Added! Many thanks

#153 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Received mine today. Real nice mod. Easy to install with the excellent instructions. Thanks for this!

Appreciate the feedback Peter, really glad you like it. Enjoy!

#155 3 years ago
Quoted from qbass187:

If you could add me to the list too I’d appreciate it!!
Will there be a separate thread for the chase light board mod??

Great, gotcha down mate for the Chase Echo, many thanks (once again)!

Yep I'm going to create a new thread in a couple of weeks. Will make sure to link to it from this one. Just want to get all existing Snackbar orders out of the way first, otherwise my workshop becomes mental ! :-/

1 week later
#158 3 years ago

Great writeup Tim and thanks a lot for taking the time to put it together. The best part of building mods has to be seeing them used and enjoyed in all the far flung places of the world.

Its funny sometimes explaining to people that one of my side gigs is building a circuit board that does a little light show for someone elses snackbar in a pinball machine about a drive in movie monster. Pinball can be weird and frivolous sometimes but it makes us smile and isn't that a great thing.

#159 3 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

If you are still taking orders, please add my name to the list.
Thank you, Mike

Sure Mike, almost finished for the time being but still room for a few more. Consider yourself added! Many thanks.

#165 3 years ago
Quoted from Devilsmuse:

Please add me to your list. Just found about this I want in

Quoted from paragon07:

Please add me to the list if possible. Love the Swinks Snackbar and this would be a fantastic addition.
Thanks

Quoted from dmacy:

Please add me to this too. I really like it!

No worries - all added. Thanks for the support! You'll all be in the final round (8) which is the one after next.

#169 3 years ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Just got my stumblor Snack Bar lighting mod in the mail today - 12 days total in the mail system which I think is pretty good considering I live in a small town in the middle of the country. Will put it together this weekend with the 1.5 conversion kit that swinks put on Shapeways (thanks!) Looking forward to seeing it in action!
[quoted image]

Wahey! Great stuff. Let me know how you get on with the install.

Quoted from Fifty:

I gotta say, I'm enjoying the Knight Rider pattern the most so far. I knew I would like it, but I honestly didn't think it would be a front runner.

Probably my favourite too. Its two sine waves - the first controlling the fade from left to right, the second controlling the movement over time. Finally those high school maths classes are paying off! Originally I was going to steer away from fading patterns, to try to keep it as authentic 'neon' as possible. But once i'd tried them they looked so good I had to keep em.

1 week later
#172 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

As a TWIP Pinball Promoter, I nominated this mod for a TWIP award for best mod of 2020!

Wow... I'm honestly humbled! Really didn't expect any votes this year, and considering how many insanely great mods there are out there at the moment (Compy's TZ backboard for instance) I'm happy even to be considered in the same league. Huge thanks.

Also this ....

Quoted from swinks:

true but isn't the same without the snackbar mod

Certainly loses a lot of its lustre that's for certain !! In all seriousness though there wouldn't even be this project without the amazing work Jady has done on the Snackbar mod. Huge amount of work from him, sometimes thankless (though fortunately not often) but the end result is one of the most recognisable and loved mods in all of pinball. Good to point out how welcoming and forthcoming he was when I proposed this project to him in the first place. Big ups Jady!

#176 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Hi stumblor, please add me to your chase-board list. So cool. You're gonna sell thousands!

Quoted from Gunner:

Please add me to your chase-board list. I want in. Thanks!

Great stuff, both added. Thanks!

Now that we're onto the last round of 'Move your Snackbar' mods, I'm ready to start work on the Chase Echo. I'll create a proper thread last this afternoon, stay tuned!

3 weeks later
#180 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

congrats stumblor you made it to the TWIP list for best mod

Quoted from Compy:

Agreed! Congrats! Couldn't think of a more deserving guy and a killer mod!

Thanks very much fellas for the kind words. Considering all the other incredible work that is about at the moment I'm amazed and humbled even to be included on the same list.

I once read an anecdote that Liam Gallagher from Oasis called his new band "beady eye" simply because it would mean that he'd get listed next to the Beatles in music catalogues. I feel a bit like that - snuck a seat on the big kids table, but not quite sure how I managed it, and almost definately on the coat tails of others.

Huge thanks to all those who voted. And an even bigger thanks to those that will vote again. Biggest thanks of all to Jady swinks who deserves equals shares in the accolades and without who this mod wouldn't even exist. A top guy and a good mate.

Vote for Pedro!

#181 3 years ago

Just a quick update...

Tested MYS with the new L5 rom this morning, and while I wasn't expecting any surprises it's nice to see that everything is still working as expected. The Chase Echo, which potentially had a bigger risk of issues due to being reliant on the GI line, is also a-ok. There's been a few discussions as to exactly what L5 does with the lighting, and the general consensus seems to be that the LED inserts seem to be less-ghostey with L5. LED GI fading issues remain however. I'm running two Afterglow boards in my machine (one nano for the inserts and one GI) and happily they both work without issues as well.

In other news, the next 10 boards are built and ready to go out. Those peeps that have paid an invoice recently, you'll have tracking numbers incoming later today. Thanks for everyones patience. The UK is now on full lockdown which means working from home and trying to get the kids to do schoolwork at the same time. Everyone is fed up and frustrated. Good to remember that there are people and families in much worse situations - I have heard there are even some homes without a single pinball machines in the house! *gasp* *shocked face* Keep calm and carry on (making light of a bad situation).

On that note - here's some boards!

#182 3 years ago

As well as something tasty in the works

#184 3 years ago

Just a little side project I've been working on - it's an auto eddy board that triggers a lightshow when a ball is detected. I designed it for Theatre of Magic, so the magic wand outlane magna-save triggers a 'magical' lighting effect, but it will work for all the eddy games - CV, RS etc. More on that soon!

#187 3 years ago

haha.. You won't be so smug when I release a swarth of Surfer related mods !!

Except I almost certainly won't.

#189 3 years ago

We've done a couple of group buys from PCBWay over on this side of the pond, which were great - but a lot of work for the organiser (ie me!)

This is the one I did for the AG:

https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/afterglow-nano-group-buy-%C2%A3%C2%A3-payment-time-%C2%A3%C2%A3.46305/

And this is a more recent one done by someone else for the AGGI:

https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/afterglow-gi-aggi-for-short-bulk-order.47907/

In multiples of about 50 they worked out at about £40ea. If you ever did decide to go down this route we'd be happy to share all the BOM and PCBWay order information that we generated from creating those orders.

I have a couple of bare boards left, but no kits. Not sure of anyone doing it in kit form. Because it's all SMD soldering it's a bit of a faff to do yourself, but doable. Let me know if you'd like a bare board I can hook you up.

If you have a WPC machine, they are certainly well worth having and make a huge, huge difference.

1 week later
#191 3 years ago

Yeoooow! Great video @wiggy07, thanks very much for putting it together.

#194 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Got my mod today in the mail, woo! Got the Snackbar mod a few weeks ago, so this weekend I plan on getting it all set up in my game. Excited!

Quoted from Mikespinball:

I got mine too yesterday. Will hopefully get to install it in the next week.

Great stuff! Thanks for the update and let me know how you get on with it.

#197 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Are these still available for purchase. If so, how can I purchase. Just installed my version 4 Swinks mod. Thanks.

Heya! Yep shifting gear onto the next mod, but still got the parts to make a few more MYS mods so sure we can slot you in somewhere. Will PM. *thumbs*

1 month later
#199 3 years ago

Great stuff Dave! Glad you're enjoying it, and really loving that pinsound mix

2 months later
#201 2 years ago

Hey! I've just released a new mod called "Lollypops", which features full color, reactive pop bumper LED rings. Check it out.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stumblor-lollypops-full-color-reactive-led-pop-bumper-rings#post-6312800

Thanks and all the best,
Davey

7 months later
#203 2 years ago

Hi Push600 yes there is stock left of my lighting mod, and possibly of swinks mod also, I'll PM you.

6 months later
#205 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Is this mod still available?

Still going mate but regular orders on hold for the time being while I sort out these big lists!

#207 1 year ago

^^ Still my favourite mod of all time!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Falls Church, VA
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stumblor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stumblor-move-you-snackbar-a-lighting-mod-for-swinks-cftbl-snackbar?tu=stumblor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.