• 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by j_m_
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

293601667_2038877029648203_8798834624691265091_n (resized).jpg
5AD18828-0480-479F-B503-55F5F216CC95 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
36F2007A-14AC-46E8-B0BD-05B2CC900949 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
271837C9-1AFA-496D-B121-484063B15841 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
DC5F2598-E3FB-48BE-87E2-C40397C40EF5 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
snack bar mod (resized).jpg
11 (resized).jpg
10 (resized).jpg
9 (resized).jpg
8 (resized).jpg
7 (resized).jpg
6 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider evileye.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 3 years ago

I apologize if I missed it, but what’s the price for this? I’m interested though, as I’m on Swinks list already, so please add me here as well.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from stumblor:

No you didn't miss it - I was going to post something a bit more formal once the final testing round had been completed.
Delivered to to the UK, the cost is looking like it is going to be £70.
Delivery to the US is around £20 per board. So, in USD the cost is looking like $119 delivered.
For other countries (we have some on the list in Canada, France, and Australia) assume around £20 delivery but we can work out on a case by case.
Also, added you to the list Many thanks!

Awesome, thanks for confirming the price as well as adding me to the list.

3 weeks later
#61 3 years ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Rightio then! Got busy today doing the (perhaps final) pattern work for the mod before it gets sent out to beta testers tomorrow. Hopefully incorporating some of the suggestions put forward by people. If you think it looks wack, or have any other helpful suggestions, pipe up. Be good to hear for you.
Apologies for the video not being in situ. You'll have to use your imagination a bit! Top strip is for the neon, bottom strip is for the s-n-a-c-k-b-a-r wording.
The patterns as they currently stand are..
Neon
------
Patterns: Mutually exclusive - ie only one can be selected
Colours: 7 selectable options, mixable.
1 - Water Ripple (selectable)
2 - Linear (selectable)
Snackbar
----------
Patterns: Mutually inclusive - ie all patterns can be either on or off, and will play in sequence
Colours: 7 selectable options, one colour only.
0 - Neon lightup sequence (always on, only plays during bootup)
1 - Letters on, letters off. Now with random letter flickers to simulate broken neons. (selectable)
2 - Flash on, flash off (selectable)
3 - Fast individual letters (selectable)
4 - Slow fade (selectable)

Hope you like it.
Davey

Sure thing, added. Thanks so much!

Looks awesome, well done!

#77 3 years ago

You and swinks have made a true work of art with this mod. I want to jump inside the machine and hang out there.

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Thumbs up for Knight Rider mode!

Same here! Perfect addition.

2 weeks later
#105 3 years ago

Yes appreciate the update, thanks stumblor!

1 month later
#139 3 years ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Haha... sure why not. I suppose we can do a little sneak peek!
The new mod I've been working on is a replacement chase board for creech called the "Chase Echo" which aims to introduce some new patterns to the chase lights in the ramp and bowl, and (most importantly) fade the LEDs in a nice way so the don't look so static and on/off-y. A few of you might know that there has already been a couple of attempts at a redesign for this board, both as a direct repro and also some that provide additional patterns, but none so far that has managed to implement proper LED fading.
Until now of course
The reason this one has taken so long to come out is because the initial version I produced used PWM fading, which uses DC. While this worked great at fading the LEDs, it meant that all the bulbs needed to be oriented correctly in the ramp and bowl to achieve the correct polarity, which was a major installation fafforama and not really achieving the plug-n-play installation that I wanted. So it was back to the drawing board in order to produce a board that could fade the LEDs using AC.
This was the end result - Chase echo v1.1 - which uses falling edge AC dimming. And a crapload of mosfets.
Here's a little video that I produced to show the patterns, because why not eh? Put the headphones on the music is great.

I'll create a full thread for this soon, once the UK beta testing has finished (only about a week or so away!) [quoted image]

Oh hell yeah, I’m in!

2 weeks later
#166 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Hi everyone! Here's my quick review. If anyone has any questions about how I did my install or if something isn't clear please feel free to message me. For reference, I am installing the Move Your Snackbar mod in Swink's Snackbar Version 5..
PACKAGING
Everything was well packed and protected. The circuit board was in an anti-static bag. The LED strips were in clear parts bags, the cardboard shipping box was lined in protective foam. Nothing was damaged. Colour instructions were provided.
INSTALLATION
I completed the installation about a week ago. Like BigIan mentioned earlier, it's a bit fiddly getting the LED strip lined up behind the snack bar sign, but it's worth the time and patience you put into it. Don't rush this install. Make sure you take your time. I had a few questions regarding the placement of the LED strips, but Davey responded immediately and cleared things up for me.
I chose to mount my PCB vertically so that I would have easier access to the DIP switches. I screwed it directly into the playfield, which stumblor should take as a HUGE compliment. I like things factory original, and normally the thought of screwing anything into a playfield gives me shivers, but this little circuit board looked so nice I didn't mind at all.
I only used 3 of the 4 provided mounting screws, but all 4 standoffs. The top left corner is the one I chose not to screw down. It was too close to the cable management bracket. On my pin, the bracket is flipped the other way at least when compared to the photo shown in the manual. That made it a little tighter fit for me so I did without the fourth screw. It's solid enough. I wouldn't recommend using less than 3 screws.
[quoted image] [quoted image] [quoted image]
Here is what the underside of my Swink's Snackbar looks like with the LED strip mounted.
[quoted image] [quoted image]
For the snack bar sign (below), the wiring tucks right behind the 11 LED strip and the whole thing fits snuggly into place. Once screwed back down to the roof of Swink's mod it look like this.
[quoted image]
When I went to install everything back into my pin I noticed the wires were swapped on my LED Matrix component. I spoke to Davey about this briefly and he told me this wasn't an issue.
[quoted image]
Feeding the new wiring through the vacant playfield hole was easy enough, again just take your time. I connected all the wiring to the newly mounted circuit board under the playfield. The connectors are small, just be careful and use a delicate touch.
POWER ON
I just have to say right away, that I am really impressed with this mod. The Move Your Snackbar looks great. Actually, it looks incredible! I'm really impressed with how it functions. I tried a bunch of different neon colours, and sign patterns for fun, but I'm a sucker for the ice blue neon and pink sign so I put the DIPS back to the default settings. I showed my son and he couldn't tell I had done anything. To me, this shouts perfect mod! One that blends in. It is the perfect compliment to the Swink's Snackbar Mod. Two wonderful mods that no one will ever notice (except maybe my bank account) Ha ha!
IN DEPTH
I was seeing white light pulse through the neon. It was coming from the cool white LED inside the snackbar. Most people probably wouldn't even notice, but it bothered me so I decided to swap it out for a bulbless version.
[quoted image]
I am getting a bit of light bleed under the Snack Bar sign. Again, most people won't even notice, but my OCD does. In the image below you can see the thin line of light coming out from under the Snack Bar signage. I have the strip pushed in as far as it can go. The screw placement on the Snack Bar sign really only locks the back in place allowing the front to float a bit. Not a big deal. I'll probably get some black double-sided adhesive, or maybe even just sneak a drop of hot glue in there before securing it. Definitely not a deal breaker.
[quoted image]
I noticed the pink from my Snack Bar also bleeding through into the neon. Below, you can see the pink from the 11 LED strip bleeding into the 20 LED strip neon (currently red) at the very tip of the Snackbar mod. I'll probably add some sort of baffle inside to block the light from doing this. Black felt will probably do the trick.
[quoted image]
I think I'm going to relocate my 20 LED strip as well. I want to see more light towards the front of the Snack Bar mod near the tip. I have it back too far now and the front isn't getting as much light as I would like. If you have a V5 from Swinks I would suggest installing the 20 LED strip more towards the tip/front.
[quoted image]
I am really nitpicking here and I don't consider any of these issues flaws in the product. I consider them flaws in my personality! This pinball machine means a lot to me and I try to give it as much inanimate love as I can. Ha!
CONCLUSION
This is a brilliant mod that I have only positive vibes for. It is a professional build and you can tell that great care was taken in designing it. It really brings Swink's Snack Bar to life! If you have a Swink's Snack Bar, then you are doing yourself an injustice if you do not have the Move Your Snackbar to accompany it. Hitting all 4 of the snack standup targets and watching the lights to the Snack Bar blink on in time to the callout will have you smiling from ear to ear!
Thank you to stumblor (Davey) soooooo much for taking the time to create this, and to market it to smucks like me that do nothing but have opinions. Huge pat on the back to you! If we ever meet, and I hope we do, first pint is on me. Maybe even the second pint!

Great write up, thank you for sharing! I haven’t installed my V5/Move, but will certainly use your post for guidance once I do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 24.00
$ 45.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider evileye.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stumblor-move-you-snackbar-a-lighting-mod-for-swinks-cftbl-snackbar?tu=evileye and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.