• 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by j_m_
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

293601667_2038877029648203_8798834624691265091_n (resized).jpg
5AD18828-0480-479F-B503-55F5F216CC95 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
36F2007A-14AC-46E8-B0BD-05B2CC900949 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
271837C9-1AFA-496D-B121-484063B15841 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
DC5F2598-E3FB-48BE-87E2-C40397C40EF5 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
snack bar mod (resized).jpg
11 (resized).jpg
10 (resized).jpg
9 (resized).jpg
8 (resized).jpg
7 (resized).jpg
6 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg
There are 209 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 3 years ago

I would like to be added to the list as well.
Shipping to the US.

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from SolarGarlic:

Looking great. I'd like to hop on the US list as well, please.

Quoted from Coindork:

I would like to be added to the list as well.
Shipping to the US.

Great, thanks so much! Both added.

2 weeks later
#103 3 years ago

Apologies for the lack up updates recently. I'm still waiting on two shipments to arrive before I can start fulfilling the list. The first is the new board designs, which should be sometime this week, and the second is a bulk package of Arduino Nanos. Unfortunately this package was returned to China due to unpaid import fees, although I was never notified *sigh*. The strain on RoyalMail here in the UK at the moment is really noticeable. While I wait for that package to enjoy its circumnavigation of the globe, I've ordered another 50 Nanos from another supplier, which will hopefully arrive sooner. Still looking like a couple of weeks though. I'll keep everyone updated.

In other news, the UK beta testing has gone really well, with nothing major popping up during the install or usage tests. Looks like the only consideration worth mentioning will be those people on v1 of the Swinks mod, as the EL wire for that version wasn't being powered by the insert or GI. In later versions the LED strips are powered by a comet matrix adapter, plugged into either the Snackbar insert or the GI. It's this matrix adapter that is used to power my mod, so we may have to look at supplying that adapter for anyone missing it. When it comes time to start fulfilling the list I'll PM everyone separately to work out those details.

Really keen to get started, so please bear with me while we wait patiently for the mailman.

#104 3 years ago

Thanks of the update!

#105 3 years ago

Yes appreciate the update, thanks stumblor!

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Apologies for the lack up updates recently. I'm still waiting on two shipments to arrive before I can start fulfilling the list. The first is the new board designs, which should be sometime this week, and the second is a bulk package of Arduino Nanos. Unfortunately this package was returned to China due to unpaid import fees, although I was never notified *sigh*. The strain on RoyalMail here in the UK at the moment is really noticeable. While I wait for that package to enjoy its circumnavigation of the globe, I've ordered another 50 Nanos from another supplier, which will hopefully arrive sooner. Still looking like a couple of weeks though. I'll keep everyone updated.
In other news, the UK beta testing has gone really well, with nothing major popping up during the install or usage tests. Looks like the only consideration worth mentioning will be those people on v1 of the Swinks mod, as the EL wire for that version wasn't being powered by the insert or GI. In later versions the LED strips are powered by a comet matrix adapter, plugged into either the Snackbar insert or the GI. It's this matrix adapter that is used to power my mod, so we may have to look at supplying that adapter for anyone missing it. When it comes time to start fulfilling the list I'll PM everyone separately to work out those details.
Really keen to get started, so please bear with me while we wait patiently for the mailman.

Happy to see you're doing well. I swear we're in a parallel universe here, much the same with my stuff . For example, boxes have been delayed a month... a MONTH for corrugated cardboard... Thankfully there are tons of suppliers. Though, the bright side it makes it a lot more exciting when shipments arrive!

See you around! Love your work, let me know if I can help in any way.
-- Jimmy

#107 3 years ago

Hey Jimmy @compy, thanks for the kind words. I've been following your TZ backboard work, absolutely next level stuff mate, and clearly getting the attention and excitement it deserves. Fantastic to see so many great projects starting to see the light of day. Now, if only we could get this supply chain sorted.. my workshop is starting to look like a badly run mail sorting centre. Looking forward to the day when it can go back to looking like a badly run workshop again.

Appreciate the offer of help too, you may live to regret that

All the best, Davey

#108 3 years ago

Hi Davey, amazing work on the lighting mod! I can't say enough good things about Jady and the Snackbar Mod and I'd definitely like to support your work here and get added to the USA list.

Keep up the awesome!
~ Bryan

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from bryanpblack:

Hi Davey, amazing work on the lighting mod! I can't say enough good things about Jady and the Snackbar Mod and I'd definitely like to support your work here and get added to the USA list.
Keep up the awesome!
~ Bryan

Sure thing Bryan, and appreciate the kind words. Jady's snackbar mod is a stone cold classic. Added!

#110 3 years ago

Just waiting on the Nanos now

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#111 3 years ago

Very interested, could you add me to the US list if you're still taking orders.

#112 3 years ago

The first shipment of Nanos has arrived, which means we're now ready to start fulfilling orders

I'll be building and sending them out in batches of 10 or so, with the UK list being done first. The US/OS list will follow very closely after that. Expect a PM in your inbox in the next week or so laying out all the details.

Thanks for your patience!

Quoted from Bam_Man:

Very interested, could you add me to the US list if you're still taking orders.

Sure thing, added!

#113 3 years ago

Fantastic! I can’t wait to put this on my new Swinks V5 mod.

#115 3 years ago

Please add me to the list

#116 3 years ago

Please add me to your list.

#117 3 years ago

Congrats on getting this mod into customers' hands! That alone is a huge feat. I know the stress that comes with the first shipments and the constant mental laps of "Did it arrive safely? Will they like it? Were the instructions clear? Did I forget a cable or something in the box?"

Wouldn't trade it for the world. If I had a creech, I'd definitely toss this in! Will drop a line to a friend that does who has been super helpful testing things out for an upcoming project!

-- Jimmy

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

Please add me to your list.

Quoted from Guy_with_a_Pin:

Please add me to the list

Both added, thanks!

Quoted from Compy:

Congrats on getting this mod into customers' hands! That alone is a huge feat. I know the stress that comes with the first shipments and the constant mental laps of "Did it arrive safely? Will they like it? Were the instructions clear? Did I forget a cable or something in the box?"
Wouldn't trade it for the world. If I had a creech, I'd definitely toss this in! Will drop a line to a friend that does who has been super helpful testing things out for an upcoming project!
-- Jimmy

Thanks Jimmy. I know exactly what you mean. Add to that .. Did I put the right postage label on the right box? I have had to develop a process to make sure everything gets done in the right order, but I tell you what, it has certainly given me a newfound respect for people who work in fulfilment centers!

Definitely exciting (and a wee bit scary) to be at this stage of the project. Really looking forward to getting some of the first reactions back in.

Davey

#120 3 years ago

Looking forward to receiving mine. I have 1.o version.

#121 3 years ago

First two boards went out today! That includes yours @fifty. Four more to make on the UK list then I'll shift over to the US/OS list. Emails coming soon laying out the details.

Quoted from 2manypins:

Looking forward to receiving mine. I have 1.o version.

Great stuff, i'll make a note about your version (all v1 users need an additional Comet Matrix adapter).

20201007_091912 (resized).jpg20201007_091912 (resized).jpg
#122 3 years ago

hey @stumblor, I am soon sending a few Snackbar v5's to UK do you need any comet matrix adaptors as can ship a batch with there mod to you to help out.

#123 3 years ago

Thanks swinks appreciate the offer! I'll do a stocktake and see how many I have. I'm guessing around 1 in 5 people will have v1s on the list?

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from stumblor:

First two boards went out today! That includes yours fifty. Four more to make on the UK list then I'll shift over to the US/OS list. Emails coming soon laying out the details.

Great stuff, i'll make a note about your version (all v1 users need an additional Comet Matrix adapter).
[quoted image]

I don't check my mailbox very often so thanks for letting me know.

#125 3 years ago

Please add me to your list!

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballPat:

Please add me to your list!

Of course, thanks! Added.

#127 3 years ago

Last four UK boards going out today, exciting times. Looking forward to getting starting on the US/OS list, not far away now.

1 week later
#128 3 years ago

Those people who recently received PM & invoices, your mods are ready! woot woot!

These are #8 - 15. Should be be starting on the next 8 sometime next week. Check your PMs!

2 weeks later
#129 3 years ago

Next 9 boards ready. All those recently contacted, expect your tracking details tomorrow. Packages to the US seem to be arriving relatively quickly by RoyalMail which is great considering everything that's going on at the moment.

So, that means all boards up to #31 complete. I'm able to make around 8 or so a week at the moment, fitted around other commitments. There is currently 52 people on the list, so I should be able to get to everyone in the next 3 weeks. Those at the back, not long to wait now! Really appreciate everyone's patience, trust, and enthusiasm.

If you've already received your board, and you feel like you want to post some feedback here, go nuts. I'd love to hear about your experience.

#130 3 years ago

I got mine today in the US, hope to install it this weekend. thanks!

#131 3 years ago

Received mine today - pretty happy with 2.5 weeks for delivery from UK to Aust given the lack of flights atm

#132 3 years ago

How many are on your list right now? I bet you’ve been busy making these.

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

I got mine today in the US, hope to install it this weekend. thanks!

Quoted from Manny65:

Received mine today - pretty happy with 2.5 weeks for delivery from UK to Aust given the lack of flights atm

That's great - let me know how you get on with the install!

Quoted from ToucanF16:

How many are on your list right now? I bet you’ve been busy making these.

52 people on the list, which is way more than I expected, and only one or two dropoffs which is incredible. Great to get so much interest. There's been lots of soldering to do, which isn't great on the eyes, but I've got a bit of a rhythm going with it now and make sure I only do a few at a time. Going at it like this I can crack through about 8-10 a week, which means we should have everyones out the door in a week or two.

Then it's onto the next creech project!

#134 3 years ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Then it's onto the next creech project!

Any hints on what you have planned???

#135 3 years ago

Got the invoice and made payment last night, excited to get this in what looks to be a pretty reasonable postal time! Since I have V2, I ordered the conversion kit swinks put on Shapeways and its on the way too (ordered the MRS switch cover for the whirlpool too while I was there). This is going to go so well with my Taillight mod!

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from stumblor:

...Then it's onto the next creech project!

Spill the beans!

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Any hints on what you have planned???

Quoted from ToucanF16:

Spill the beans!

Haha... sure why not. I suppose we can do a little sneak peek!

The new mod I've been working on is a replacement chase board for creech called the "Chase Echo" which aims to introduce some new patterns to the chase lights in the ramp and bowl, and (most importantly) fade the LEDs in a nice way so the don't look so static and on/off-y. A few of you might know that there has already been a couple of attempts at a redesign for this board, both as a direct repro and also some that provide additional patterns, but none so far that has managed to implement proper LED fading.

Until now of course

The reason this one has taken so long to come out is because the initial version I produced used PWM fading, which uses DC. While this worked great at fading the LEDs, it meant that all the bulbs needed to be oriented correctly in the ramp and bowl to achieve the correct polarity, which was a major installation fafforama and not really achieving the plug-n-play installation that I wanted. So it was back to the drawing board in order to produce a board that could fade the LEDs using AC.

This was the end result - Chase echo v1.1 - which uses falling edge AC dimming. And a crapload of mosfets.

Here's a little video that I produced to show the patterns, because why not eh? Put the headphones on the music is great.

I'll create a full thread for this soon, once the UK beta testing has finished (only about a week or so away!)

#138 3 years ago

a few people have reached out about upgrades, I do have some parts on Shapeways minus the tops as I only open those on request briefly as 2 people recently bought everything to build a snackbar themselves and one got upset when they discovered they need a stainless steel plate and I have no more. But these are still available via shapeways on request.

But if people have a v1 & v2 and want to add stumblor 's awesome lighting kit they can add just the signage as well which is an affordable kit. The housing is the part of difference between the v1 and v2 sign upgrade.

parts for the v1.5 signage kit for the Snackbar v1 can be found here (though you still can't use stumblor 's neon lighting kit)
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinkssnackbarv1.5&sort=newest

parts for the v2.5 signage kit for the Snackbar v2 can be found here which you can still take advantage of stumblor 's sign and neon lighting kit
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinkssnackbarv2.5&sort=newest

manual for the signage is here
https://swinks.com.au/manuals

just reach out if you have any questions

CFTBL Snack Bar Mod Signage Upgrade for v1 & v.pdfCFTBL Snack Bar Mod Signage Upgrade for v1 & v.pdf
#139 3 years ago
Quoted from stumblor:

The new mod I've been working on is a replacement chase board for creech called the "Chase Echo" which aims to introduce some new patterns to the chase lights in the ramp and bowl, and (most importantly) fade the LEDs in a nice way so the don't look so static and on/off-y. A few of you might know that there has already been a couple of attempts at a redesign for this board, both as a direct repro and also some that provide additional patterns, but none so far that has managed to implement proper LED fading.
Until now of course
The reason this one has taken so long to come out is because the initial version I produced used PWM fading, which uses DC. While this worked great at fading the LEDs, it meant that all the bulbs needed to be oriented correctly in the ramp and bowl to achieve the correct polarity, which was a major installation fafforama and not really achieving the plug-n-play installation that I wanted. So it was back to the drawing board in order to produce a board that could fade the LEDs using AC.
This was the end result - Chase echo v1.1 - which uses falling edge AC dimming. And a crapload of mosfets.
Here's a little video that I produced to show the patterns, because why not eh? Put the headphones on the music is great.

I'll create a full thread for this soon, once the UK beta testing has finished (only about a week or so away!) [quoted image]

Oh hell yeah, I’m in!

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Oh hell yeah, I’m in!

I'll start a list

Still a couple of things to look at that have come back from beta testing but will post here with a link to the new thread when we're all ready to go. Thanks!

#141 3 years ago
Quoted from stumblor:

I'll start a list
Still a couple of things to look at that have come back from beta testing but will post here with a link to the new thread when we're all ready to go. Thanks!

Ok, put me in the Chase Echo list!

#142 3 years ago

I'll be on the Chase Echo list. Thanks

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Ok, put me in the Chase Echo list!

Quoted from Mank:

I'll be on the Chase Echo list. Thanks

Sure thing, added. Many thanks for the support, again!

#144 3 years ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Sure thing, added. Many thanks for the support, again!

Please add me in.

#146 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

a few people have reached out about upgrades, I do have some parts on Shapeways minus the tops as I only open those on request briefly as 2 people recently bought everything to build a snackbar themselves and one got upset when they discovered they need a stainless steel plate and I have no more. But these are still available via shapeways on request.
But if people have a v1 & v2 and want to add stumblor 's awesome lighting kit they can add just the signage as well which is an affordable kit. The housing is the part of difference between the v1 and v2 sign upgrade.
parts for the v1.5 signage kit for the Snackbar v1 can be found here (though you still can't use stumblor 's neon lighting kit)
parts for the v2.5 signage kit for the Snackbar v2 can be found here which you can still take advantage of stumblor 's sign and neon lighting kit
just reach out if you have any questions[quoted image]

Quoted from swinks:

just reach out if you have any questions[quoted image]

Quoted from stumblor:

Until now of course

I'll create a full thread for this soon, once the UK beta testing has finished (only about a week or so away!) [quoted image]

Great, I just got done installing the last mod and now another outstanding mod, you’re killing me. Davey, I absolutely love the snack bar mod. It really enhances the game and was a breeze to install. I really appreciated the color coded connectors. Could you put me on he list for this mod? Thanks again for bringing these mods to the community.

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from n4297m:

Great, I just got done installing the last mod and now another outstanding mod, you’re killing me. Davey, I absolutely love the snack bar mod. It really enhances the game and was a breeze to install. I really appreciated the color coded connectors. Could you put me on he list for this mod? Thanks again for bringing these mods to the community.

That's great feedback, thanks! So far so good on the installs, sounds as though the beta testing we did was able to iron out most of the confusion.

Got you on the list for the Chase Echo too. Many thanks!

#148 3 years ago

Nothing like a good fafforama. When's the Pixlpane mod happening?

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Nothing like a good fafforama. When's the Pixlpane mod happening?

Fafforamas are all the rage these days it seems! So yeah, thats definately still in the pipes too, Jady and I have been sending ideas and designs back and forth over the last few weeks, when we find time in between work on other projects. Will post some news on that when it's progressed a bit further.

#150 3 years ago

If the snack bar mod list isn't full, I'd like to be added, just got notification my Swinks mod is coming soon. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
€ 24.00
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
There are 209 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stumblor-move-you-snackbar-a-lighting-mod-for-swinks-cftbl-snackbar/page/3?hl=pinballpat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.