pasted_image (resized).png
pop_body.gif
lollypops.gif

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 165 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

The lollypops uses interrupts to pickup switch hits on SAM games, using the sam daughterboard. Tested and working on ACDC although not extensively. The wpc/spike needed a few resistor changes for GZ due to the speed at which that pop can be hit (sub 10ms). You would imagine a captive ball switch to be activated a lot longer than a pop switch would be.

If I'm reading your response correctly your lolypop pcb should work out just fine on MET's captive ball switch since its a spike system. Is another lollypop something I can also purchase as an add in to my godzilla lolypop order when your ready?

The MET coffin shot is the least satisfying for me on my pro which is why I'm trying to jazz it up. This is what I have so far in the video below and with your lollipop I should be able to finish it off. There are so many captive ball hits that only make a sound. So with some extra lightning bling on all those hits should do the trick.

By the way if you created a mod for MET Pro's coffin shot and it was half as cool as your godzilla sign you would have an instant hit on your hands.

#152 1 year ago

Oh it's Spike? I checked IPDB before and it said it was a SAM game. Either way, it should be fine, just need a different daughterboard for the sensing.

Really great work on the topper integration, impressive stuff!!

I'm not really doing the other mods at the moment just because the GZ mods are so all consuming, but I'll make a note against your Lolly UFO order and I'm sure we can sort something out closer the time. Will be excited to see what you do with it!

#153 1 year ago

Thanks for the complement. Coming from you that means a lot. Your a next level professional with what you are putting out for the community.

You are right MET is a sam game. My bad. Thanks for making a note on my order. Appreciate it.

1 week later
#154 1 year ago

New code!

(channelling my inner Stern)

GZ Tokyo Neon Sign mod v1.0.13

We'll be closing the list down for this at the end of the month, as we gear up to start assembly on our next mod, the GZ Lolly UFO. It's been an absolute blast. A lot of work, a lot of late nights - but super positive and energising at the same time.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Lollypops v1.5.6

There's been an increased interest in the venerable Lollypops board over the last few months. As part of the Lolly UFO work, we've been showcasing its talent of running multiple game triggered lightshows, and as a result, we're seeing modders pick up the torch and start incorporating it into their own mods. Super excited to see what people come up with. Expect to see it on two as-yet-unannounced 3rd party mods soon (GZ, DP).

Pinpoint v1.1

Like the Lollypops, our WPC sound sniffing Pinpoint board has started to find its groove among the modding community also, who are keen to test out its ability to directly monitor WPC game state and trigger lightshows. Three different projects are now using the board, so expect to see some toppers and mods released soon running the Pinpoint kit (TZ, DW)

Also, finally, documentation!

All new code includes:

* New AsyncWebServer build, increased WiFi stability and speed
* Firmware updates over WiFi
* Download settings fix

#155 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

If I'm reading your response correctly your lolypop pcb should work out just fine on MET's captive ball switch since its a spike system. Is another lollypop something I can also purchase as an add in to my godzilla lolypop order when your ready?
The MET coffin shot is the least satisfying for me on my pro which is why I'm trying to jazz it up. This is what I have so far in the video below and with your lollipop I should be able to finish it off. There are so many captive ball hits that only make a sound. So with some extra lightning bling on all those hits should do the trick.

By the way if you created a mod for MET Pro's coffin shot and it was half as cool as your godzilla sign you would have an instant hit on your hands.

Metallica is a Stern SAM, not Spike system, according to all literature I found. It was released in 2013, prior to Mustang, Star Trek, and Walking Dead in 2014, which are all SAM games as well.

1 week later
#156 1 year ago

Any news on the next neon sign mods to share?

#157 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Any news on the next neon sign mods to share?

#158 1 year ago

NICE!

3 weeks later
#159 1 year ago

stumblor Just looking for an update mate on, well... All of it. If I had to ask, my question would be about PinPoint. Any headway into a possible SAM version?

Hope you're well!

#160 1 year ago

Hey Tim Fifty ! Good to hear from you mate.

Pinpoint is currently being trialled by 4 different mod makers around the globe. I'm really excited to see what they come up with! No plans for any SAM version at the moment. Porting to DE wouldn't be trivial I think (the bus is almost identical to WPC), but not sure about the SAM bus as I've never investigated it.

I know just the man to speak to. Ashram56 what do you know about the SAM bus?

#161 1 year ago

Well, I still need to setup my logic analyzer on the SAM bus. Someone was pushing me to redesign Tron ELI fiber mod, so I guess I really need to dig into it if there's additional demand.

Besides that, it seems very very similar to wpc from what I can tell.

4 months later
#162 1 year ago

Hey! Thought I'd post this as it's an interesting behind these scenes look at how I publish firmware. Well, interesting for me anyway

Most of the mods we do (and the third party stuff also) is all managed by a single "Lollypops" codebase. When I want to publish a new version of that firmware, I check the code into Github, which fires off an automated build process that compiles and runs tests on the code, for each of the various mods.

Here's a screenshot from the latest build we did to fix a triggering issue, showing how each firmware is compiled and tested separately, before being uploaded back onto github. Once published there, it's available for users to download directly onto their device.

This type of thing is called "continuous integration" in the software dev world, and it's a great way of removing the legwork from building and testing new releases.

#163 1 year ago

I need this in my department minus the public sharing bit.

2 months later
#164 10 months ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I need this in my department minus the public sharing bit.

Must work for the liberals

9 months later
#165 28 days ago

Show us - the LIGHTS!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

€ 24.00
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

There are 165 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stumblor-lollypops-full-color-reactive-led-pop-bumper-rings/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.