pasted_image (resized).png
pop_body.gif
lollypops.gif

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 165 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 2 years ago

Looking good

1 week later
#102 2 years ago

Hey Davey, how are the final touches coming along on pinpoint?

#103 2 years ago

My cables have been delayed at the factory unfortunately. We're very close, but still a few weeks away. Will update soon.

#104 2 years ago

Thanks for the update!

#105 2 years ago

We're about to release a new LED pop bumper light system that will support not only WPC type pops, but also Stern. The LED PCBs are illuminated on both the top and bottom of the PCB and sit within the pop body itself.

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from stumblor:

We're about to release a new LED pop bumper light system that will support not only WPC type pops, but also Stern. The LED PCBs are illuminated on both the top and bottom of the PCB and sit within the pop body itself.

So sick.

1 week later
#107 2 years ago

Lots of new products dropping this week.

[NEW] Lollypops v1.5 has arrived

Our best selling mod is back in stock, and now with extended support for WPC, SAM, Whitestar and Spike 1&2 machines. More games than ever can now enjoy the benefit of our enhanced, full colour LED lighting. And best of all, 100% reactive to game events.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

lollypops.giflollypops.gif

Shop Lollypops now

[NEW] Pop Bumper Body LED rings - SAM compatible!

Just landed this week and already selling out fast - our brand new, modern Stern compatible, multi-directional, full colour pop bumper body LED rings.

pop_body.gifpop_body.gif

LEDs on both the top and bottom of the PCB and fully compatible with our Lollypops controller board, ready to brighten up your Whitestar, SAM and Spike games.

Shop Lolly Pop Body Rings now

[STILL WAITING] Pinpoint - a mod makers development kit

Our cables supplier has only just gotten in contact to inform us that the Pinpoint cabling is now finally en route, which means we are that much closer to shipping the WPC sound sniffing, mod making mod out to beta testers. Thanks for everyones patience with this, it's not an easy time for global logistics.

#108 2 years ago

Where do you order those

#110 2 years ago

Wow Davey - just found out about this thread, looks like you’ve been keeping yourself busy. Friggin awesome work mate! Love Pinpoint and the meshed concept - the possibilities are endless. Twipy mod of the year for sure!!!

1 week later
#111 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Wow Davey - just found out about this thread, looks like you’ve been keeping yourself busy. Friggin awesome work mate! Love Pinpoint and the meshed concept - the possibilities are endless. Twipy mod of the year for sure!!!

It never stops mate!! But all in good fun, that's for sure.

With such amazing mods coming out from such talented people its always a massive honour even to be nominated for a twipy, let alone win it. For me, just the enjoyment of reading an email from someone buzzing about what I've done makes all the hard work worth it.

3 weeks later
#112 1 year ago

Lots going on at this end and I haven't been the best at updating the socials. Back on the case!

Pinpoint beta testing begins

The very first sound sniffing mod development board "Pinpoint" was sent off to Nacman this week. Documentation is at a bare minimum currently so hoping to start fleshing that out over the next few weeks. This is frontier psychiatry at it's very best, and loving the enthusiasm of people when they jump straight in. Looking forward to seeing the results of the testing come in.

New Lollypops code

As a result of the super secret mod development I've been doing over the last few weeks (more on that later) Lollypops has received a shiny new code update. Better pattern transitions, more controls for both colour (primary colour selection, saturation) and patterns (intensity) mean that our LED controlling, multi architecture mod board has even beefier kickassability than before. 20 in stock.

New code here.

Steady Eddy - complete redesign

It's my own fault. "I've never had a single problem with this board!" I said. Not a week later, reports started to come in from certain games exhibiting false sensing. Super tricky one to pin down, but it turned out to be a result of board flex - like literally bending the board. On most games this wasn't a problem, but on games where a magnet was close to the board (ie TOM) it was a big problem. A ground-up redesign later and we finally have what I'm confident is a much more bulletproof version of our proximity sensing eddy board. Booya! Yes I'm aware people no longer say booya. I'm bringing it back.

The handmade version, now converted to SMD (and in black, of course .

10 on the way as an initial run, and a few spare.

Afterglow Revisited

For those unfamiliar, the Afterglow is a board nicely fades LEDs so they look and feel more like incandescents. Its one of those things that once you see it, can can never un-see it, and LEDs will never look the same way again. This version is by pellew (who you may know from his super awesome BOP helmet LED mod) and is compatible with WPC, SYS11, DE, SAM and Whitestar games - making it more versatile and useful than ever. 30 boards en route, most of them spoken for, but always more coming so speak up if you need one.

Afterglow GI

What, inserts not enough for ya? What about an Afterglow board to sort out your flickering, seizure inducing LEDs in the GI also? 10 more of these on the way, and 5 available.

Godzilla

waaaaat.

News coming on that in 2 weeks time.

#113 1 year ago

Hey stumblor

I can’t see afterglow on your site.

I will take couple of Afterglow & afterglow GI please

#114 1 year ago

I'm keen to grab a couple of Afterglow & Afterglow GI and I'll take a couple of PinPoints once they a finalised

#115 1 year ago

Afterglow boards are great, I’ve had about 14 of them. Latest 2 recently on SAM systems
Get em while you can!

#116 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hey stumblor
I can’t see afterglow on your site.
I will take couple of Afterglow & afterglow GI please

Just selling these direct at the moment as I don't usually hold onto them long enough to put up on the site :-/

Quoted from Manny65:

I'm keen to grab a couple of Afterglow & Afterglow GI and I'll take a couple of PinPoints once they a finalised

Good thing I ordered extras!! Sure mate gotcha down, and thanks again.

#117 1 year ago

stumblor Hey Davey, hope you are well buddy! Lots of news and I'm loving the updates!

Going through my own transitions here, but hopefully going to dive back into pinball and mods installs soon. I was curious if the interface you were working on for the CHASE ECHO was stalled. I believe there was going to be an option to configure user generated patterns and sequences. Maybe I dreamed this? Is this a thing?

Also, where does one get the code update for Lollypops already out in the field?

Take care, looking forward to more info on the Godzilla tease.

Tim

#118 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Lots going on at this end and I haven't been the best at updating the socials. Back on the case!
Pinpoint beta testing begins
The very first sound sniffing mod development board "Pinpoint" was sent off to Nacman this week. Documentation is at a bare minimum currently so hoping to start fleshing that out over the next few weeks. This is frontier psychiatry at it's very best, and loving the enthusiasm of people when they jump straight in. Looking forward to seeing the results of the testing come in.

Thank you Davey,

I am so ready to start testing this. Waiting on Fedex to get their stuff together. As soon as Pinpoint arrives it is priority #1 to get installed and testing functionality!

-Nac

#119 1 year ago
Quoted from Fifty:

stumblor Hey Davey, hope you are well buddy! Lots of news and I'm loving the updates!
Going through my own transitions here, but hopefully going to dive back into pinball and mods installs soon. I was curious if the interface you were working on for the CHASE ECHO was stalled. I believe there was going to be an option to configure user generated patterns and sequences. Maybe I dreamed this? Is this a thing?
Also, where does one get the code update for Lollypops already out in the field?
Take care, looking forward to more info on the Godzilla tease.

Yeah mate I'm doing really well thanks! Always lots and lots going on but that's the way I like it. Chase Echo config - there were a couple of major drawbacks with my approach that put the kibosh on it - the big one being that the Chase Echo isn't wifi capable. This means that the web interface to control things had to be packaged as a standalone app using something like electron, and the install ends up being close to a gig in size. It's working, the config app is done, the backend to receive it in the CE code is done, but testing it cross platform and just the general crap-ness of the package size just meant I lost interest and moved onto wifi enabled devices that can serve their own webpages

Happy to share the code if you're feeling extra nerdy!

All firmware updates can be found here:

https://github.com/Stumblor/firmware-updates

Quoted from Nacman:

Thank you Davey,
I am so ready to start testing this. Waiting on Fedex to get their stuff together. As soon as Pinpoint arrives it is priority #1 to get installed and testing functionality!
-Nac

Awesome mate, me too! Now I just have to fine a few hours to write the documentation...

#120 1 year ago

In the last few days I've been testing the Spike2 compatibility of my Lollypops board in my Godzilla Premium.

3 x LED/Sensor combinations:

1. Lolly LED Ring in Jazzbouche 's UFO mod, triggered by the pop switch
2. Single Lolly post light in left sling, triggered by sling switch
3. Single Lolly post light in right sling, triggered by sling switch

This leaves one port free - probably to implement sirlonzelot 's awesome backbox lighting.

More info at https://stumblorpinball.com/products/lolp

2 weeks later
#121 1 year ago

"Mode aware" is something I've been talking about a lot lately. What does it mean? It's the idea that a mod understands what is happening in the game and responds accordingly. For me, the benefit of this functionality is pretty self evident - more immersive mods that heighten the pinball experience. Pretty lofty, but there it is.

You may have seen my announcement a few months ago of the "Pinpoint" - a mod that sits in the backbox, listens to sound events and triggers actions. This week, I've ported that functionality into my ubiquitous Lollypops board, connected it up to a Pin2DMD, and setup some watchers on the DMD 'scene' events to change the patterns on some speaker lights.

Watch the video for a full explanation of how I've done it, and what it means for the future of developing mode aware mods.

#122 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

In the last few days I've been testing the Spike2 compatibility of my Lollypops board in my Godzilla Premium.
3 x LED/Sensor combinations:
1. Lolly LED Ring in Jazzbouche 's UFO mod, triggered by the pop switch
2. Single Lolly post light in left sling, triggered by sling switch
3. Single Lolly post light in right sling, triggered by sling switch
This leaves one port free - probably to implement sirlonzelot 's awesome backbox lighting.

More info at https://stumblorpinball.com/products/lolp

Are you making a version of zealots backbox fire breathe to plug in to your stuff Davey?

#123 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Are you making a version of zealots backbox fire breathe to plug in to your stuff Davey?

Yes mate it's on the way - just waiting for the backbox brackets to arrive. Few weeks I should have a proper announcement of cost and timings.

#124 1 year ago

I am really liking the LollyGI Ux. Very clean.

#125 1 year ago

Thanks Tim, I use Semantic UI to do most of my web layouts these days.

https://semantic-ui.com/

Like bootstrap it has a lot of mobile first layout feature, plus sexy buttons of course. Gotta have the sexy buttons!

#126 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Plus sexy buttons of course. Gotta have the sexy buttons!

too sexy button (resized).jpgtoo sexy button (resized).jpg

#127 1 year ago

I wonder what ever happened to Right Said Fred

#128 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

This week, I've ported that functionality into my ubiquitous Lollypops board, connected it up to a Pin2DMD, and setup some watchers on the DMD 'scene' events to change the patterns on some speaker lights.
Watch the video for a full explanation of how I've done it, and what it means for the future of developing mode aware mods.

Does one need a Pin2DMD for this? Looks very interesting! Lots of cool things one could do with this!!!

#129 1 year ago

Glad you think so!

Yes for this particular method, a pin2dmd is required (any version, just with the latest firmware installed). To drive the LEDs I'm using one of my Lollypops boards, which gives you access to the nice web interface, but you could use any micro - an Arduino Nano for example.

There are also some other methods for implementing 'mode aware' mods. For WPC, you can hook into the sound bus, which has been used to great effect on some other mods. Here in the UK, there is also some very interesting work being done by Fubar that is looking at opening up the Spike 2 architecture, in order to publish game events to external devices.

An exciting time for mod developers!

#130 1 year ago

I would love 2 sets complete GI and Insert light of the afterglow !

#131 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I would love 2 sets complete GI and Insert light of the afterglow !

Just received our shipment of these the other day, and still some left of both flavours

#132 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Just received our shipment of these the other day, and still some left of both flavours

Hey Davy - just checking if my name is on the list? https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stumblor-lollypops-full-color-reactive-led-pop-bumper-rings/page/3#post-6916521

Where are you at with the PinPoints?

#135 1 year ago

Hi Davy, I wanted to share my thoughts on your lolipop UFO for gozzilla. Could your board keep the lights off until 1 or 2 two events like a pop hit and let's say the saucer attack insert led? That way it would be a great gameplay indicator to hit that pop when the insert is lit and player feedback for when it's hit.

#136 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Hi Davy, I wanted to share my thoughts on your lolipop UFO for gozzilla. Could your board keep the lights off until 1 or 2 two events like a pop hit and let's say the saucer attack insert led? That way it would be a great gameplay indicator to hit that pop when the insert is lit and player feedback for when it's hit.

That's an awesome suggestion.

In fact, I think it should be fairly easy to do. The lollypops board that will be used is the latest revision that has a maximum of 8 sensors. The plan was to use 4 of these already (pop, two slings, and whichever switch was triggering the backbox breath) so we would need one extra one to monitor, say, the saucer insert. The configuration to turn on/off based on a sensor is already in the code too.

Will defo look to include this as an option. Thanks for the input!

#137 1 year ago

So is the pop bumper saucer available? Or when will it be? Looks awesome!
Thanks freddy

#138 1 year ago

These would look amazing under the bumper cars on Oktoberfest!

Quoted from stumblor:

Lots of new products dropping this week.
[NEW] Lollypops v1.5 has arrived
Our best selling mod is back in stock, and now with extended support for WPC, SAM, Whitestar and Spike 1&2 machines. More games than ever can now enjoy the benefit of our enhanced, full colour LED lighting. And best of all, 100% reactive to game events.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Shop Lollypops now
[NEW] Pop Bumper Body LED rings - SAM compatible!
Just landed this week and already selling out fast - our brand new, modern Stern compatible, multi-directional, full colour pop bumper body LED rings.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
LEDs on both the top and bottom of the PCB and fully compatible with our Lollypops controller board, ready to brighten up your Whitestar, SAM and Spike games.
Shop Lolly Pop Body Rings now
[STILL WAITING] Pinpoint - a mod makers development kit
Our cables supplier has only just gotten in contact to inform us that the Pinpoint cabling is now finally en route, which means we are that much closer to shipping the WPC sound sniffing, mod making mod out to beta testers. Thanks for everyones patience with this, it's not an easy time for global logistics.

#139 1 year ago
Quoted from freddy:

So is the pop bumper saucer available? Or when will it be? Looks awesome!
Thanks freddy

I'm still working through few things with this. The bracket I designed to hold the LED strip in the backbox for the breath effect was causing some shadows, so I'm changing it out for a transparent acrylic one (with transparent screws!). Few more weeks until I'll have it all together, but due to Tokyo Neon blowing up it may be delayed a few months. We haven't announced yet, but there is a list going...

Quoted from Pyromedic:

These would look amazing under the bumper cars on Oktoberfest!

Totally! Although I have absolutely no idea about APs switch matrix and whether the sensors would work. I would need to check schematics. If they are direct switches like spike 2, it would likely just work with those same settings (inverted switches).

1 week later
#140 1 year ago

Following great work!

3 months later
#141 1 year ago

Hey Davey, how did you get on testing the Afterglow Pico? Looks like a neater simpler afterglow solution, but I haven't read any feedback on it anywhere to say if it's a viable alternative

#142 1 year ago
Quoted from Zzap:

Hey Davey, how did you get on testing the Afterglow Pico? Looks like a neater simpler afterglow solution, but I haven't read any feedback on it anywhere to say if it's a viable alternative

Hey! Christoph sent me a version of it that we were testing in my CFTBL. It was very close to working - but was occaisionally triggering some coils inadvertently, which was probably an issue with the bus interruption timing (as far as I'm aware!). Would love this project to get completed also, it's an awesome idea and would be super convenient, without all the cabling overhead of the current solutions. I've been meaning to follow up with him actually.

#143 1 year ago

Yeah, I love the theory of it! Crazy it was messing with the coils, hopefully that can be debugged and resolved

#144 1 year ago

Because it sits on the bus between the MPU and the Power Driver board, all the data relating to lamps & coils has to go through there. In order to intercept and do the fading, he effectively has to inject the new data relating to those fades, whilst avoiding all the other existing bus information. Super hairy and low level. The fact he even got it this far is a huge achievement. Very clever dude.

#145 1 year ago

Davy,

Any updates on when you might be making some more afterglow boards?

#146 1 year ago
Quoted from rsos1:

Davy,
Any updates on when you might be making some more afterglow boards?

Not as yet sorry mate. I have your name down and will do a run at some point, people are always asking for them (because they're awesome). Just completely maxed out on the GZ mods at the moment, with more in the pipeline for the next 6 months at least. I'm currently in the process of pulling in some more help to do the assembly, so if that all goes well I should be a lot more light on my feet in terms of how many things I can focus on at one time.

1 week later
#147 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

That's an awesome suggestion.
In fact, I think it should be fairly easy to do. The lollypops board that will be used is the latest revision that has a maximum of 8 sensors. The plan was to use 4 of these already (pop, two slings, and whichever switch was triggering the backbox breath) so we would need one extra one to monitor, say, the saucer insert. The configuration to turn on/off based on a sensor is already in the code too.
Will defo look to include this as an option. Thanks for the input!

Do you think that will make it into the options by chance? By the way I just installed your interactive sign in my Godzilla and love it.

#148 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Do you think that will make it into the options by chance? By the way I just installed your interactive sign in my Godzilla and love it.

Thanks very much! Glad you're enjoying it.

I'll definitely be testing this as a feature during the final QA of the kit. It will require an additional daughter board for the lollypops (to provide the extra sensor input). This will be an extended feature though - I won't be offering the daughterboards as an option during the checkout process for the kits, as it will only complicate things for most people (and lead to a barrage of questions!), so if interested, just mention it to me when the checkout email comes through and we can sort it out. The daughter boards aren't expensive, approx + £10.

#149 1 year ago

Cool thank you. On other subject I've tried everything to pick up a trigger signal for the metallica pro's captive ball coffen switch. I guess the matrix fast pulses and a hit interrupts. Not really sure.

My goal was to use a hit to trigger a mod and make the shot more satisfying. The game just makes a sound.

#150 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Cool thank you. On other subject I've tried everything to pick up a trigger signal for the metallica pro's captive ball coffen switch. I guess the matrix fast pulses and a hit interrupts. Not really sure.
My goal was to use a hit to trigger a mod and make the shot more satisfying. The game just makes a sound.

The lollypops uses interrupts to pickup switch hits on SAM games, using the sam daughterboard. Tested and working on ACDC although not extensively. The wpc/spike needed a few resistor changes for GZ due to the speed at which that pop can be hit (sub 10ms). You would imagine a captive ball switch to be activated a lot longer than a pop switch would be.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 24.00
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 165 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stumblor-lollypops-full-color-reactive-led-pop-bumper-rings/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.