• 98 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by stumblor
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4172ACED-146B-453F-9608-35DB68A6D640 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
434AC826-EF8A-43BD-97BF-FEC88A9FBA73 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
5CDC2BC2-E7B1-4906-A7E7-C96A0BE14103 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
EE011D20-1499-49C7-8289-36BDC46F823C (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
268D57D7-0425-411E-9D8B-519CAC1197E2 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
888EDE76-CAAB-4F90-9C7A-36745B441964 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
ACAAC4B1-9350-4298-BC42-A33999CBC67B (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
1C8939DE-ED76-4DE1-8843-9DB0EC6E29DA (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
F07E2BE8-922C-49D4-916F-70131797DE64 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
20210407_151705 (resized).jpg
20210411_113325 (resized).jpg
20210407_181247 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1E30B36E-A91C-4C32-90EB-78C042215CB4 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago

He is very professional. I have appreciated his products and the communication.

#52 3 years ago

Hey folks! I got my chase echo board and just got er installed. I have to stay thank you for making it mount right up to the old holes, and the manufacturing on these boards is amazing!!. I am having some issues, and wondering if anyone else may be experiencing any issues? My bowl is not receiving any effect, and the overall chase lights on the main ramp are behaving odd... some lights are always on some always off, and some are in a ghosted state. I am wondering if its the leds I am using . Love any help thanks all!

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Hey folks! I got my chase echo board and just got er installed. I have to stay thank you for making it mount right up to the old holes, and the manufacturing on these boards is amazing!!. I am having some issues, and wondering if anyone else may be experiencing any issues? My bowl is not receiving any effect, and the overall chase lights on the main ramp are behaving odd... some lights are always on some always off, and some are in a ghosted state. I am wondering if its the leds I am using . Love any help thanks all!

Read up a few posts. There is a board revision coming. stumblor will be in contact with you. I had a similar problem. FYI, I am also using a GI OCD board which throws a wrench into the way the board is installed.

#54 3 years ago

Yes mate, as Fifty pointed out, unfortunately there's been a couple of issues raised with the current revision (the one you have). I'll pickup with you directly on PM, but rest assured we'll get it sorted.

A few more updates on the board revision - I've been finalising the testing over the last few days and trying to arrive at a solid solution for powering the GI OCD/Afterglow GI boards independently of the 6.3VAC lines (which messes with the AC GND reference). Originally I thought this could be done via the 12V line, and while this works fine for powering the playfield lights, the backbox lights tips it over the 3A edge. I was worried this would be the case as the 12V line on the WPC power board is overworked as it is, so probably best we don't go down that route anyway. An external power source could always be used, and that's always been in the back pocket as a potential solution, however is a bit of a faff to get setup and likely a lot of users won't want to have to deal with it.

So the current idea is to power things via the 20V line at J107-5. This 20V source is currently only used on creech to power the hologram motor (which is usually unplugged to avoid damage to the holo), and has a 5A max rating, so is a good candidate. Although the diode bridge on the GIOCD/AGGI can handle 20V (and then some), the capacitors are only rated for 16V. So, I'm going to regulate the 20V down to 12V again via a breakout board (pictures below). This breakout board will sit to the top right of the powerboard and connect to the existing PCB brackets, and provide adapters for J107 and J103 and regulation to 12V (and 18V for those Afterglow users that have been asking for it!).

So this is where we currently stand.

Non-GI OCD Users

Those who don't have a GI OCD, the new board revision should be arriving here sometime late next week/early next. As soon as that arrives I'll start building and mailing out boards to you guys. Once I have more specific dates I'll be in touch directly to let you know how things are progressing.

GI OCD Users (current and previous build rounds)

Those who have a GI OCD and have been waiting on a resolution to the issues, I'm afraid you'll have to wait just a bit (a little bit!) longer while the breakout board arrives. This is on order and should arrive just a few days later that the boards themselves. I'll be in touch with everyone soon to let them know specifics when i know them.

Huge thanks and appreciation to everyone for being so patient. I'm working really hard to get the production line moving again and it's great to be getting such solid support and understanding from everyone. If you have any questions (or issues!) by all means get in touch.

All the best,
Davey
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from stumblor:

This 20V source is currently only used on creech to power the hologram motor (which is usually unplugged to avoid damage to the holo),

Wait... What? Mine isn't unplugged. I have friends with Creech as well and theirs are not unplugged. I don't know anyone that does this.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Wait... What? Mine isn't unplugged. I have friends with Creech as well and theirs are not unplugged. I don't know anyone that does this.

This is the hologram motor I'm referring to Tim (ie the one that is supposed to give a ripple effect by nudging the holo), not the mirror motor, which moves it from left to right.

The ripple effect is negligable, and continually bends to hologram. Since the effect is minor, a lot of people have that triac (or the motor) disconnected rather than risk doing damage to the holo.

I should point out that whether it's connected or not will still be fine for what I'm intending to do with it.

#57 3 years ago

How do I know if I have an OCD board or not?

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

How do I know if I have an OCD board or not?

You'll see a circuit board in your backbox. It'll be install on the left or right wall of the backbox. If not it'll be loose in there somewhere (no good). Chances are, if you don't know if you have one, then you don't have one. It's a $300 (depending on where you live) mod to smooth out GI LEDs.

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from stumblor:

This is the hologram motor I'm referring to Tim (ie the one that is supposed to give a ripple effect by nudging the holo), not the mirror motor, which moves it from left to right.
The ripple effect is negligable, and continually bends to hologram. Since the effect is minor, a lot of people have that triac (or the motor) disconnected rather than risk doing damage to the holo.
I should point out that whether it's connected or not will still be fine for what I'm intending to do with it.

Thanks for this. Mine is still plugged in. I can't be certain, but I don't think the traic is causing my holo to go blue so I never bothered disconnecting it.

#60 3 years ago

stumblor such great product support. Thank you!

#61 3 years ago

Hey folks my Chase board is working!!! For anyone else that may run into a similar issue here is what happened and how I solved it.

--- I do not have GI OCD ---

Problem:
some lights working, some lights partially working, some stuck either on or off. For me the bowl lights where basically stuck on.

Solution:
Every LED has to be in the right orientation ( different than the orientation the stock board likes ). So I removed the whole led strand from the upper ramp, turned the game on, and put it in ramp cycle mode. Then one by one flipped the LED's. NOTE: occasiannaly the board would stop working when I was doing this process LED's D1 and D2 would go out. All I did was power cycle the chase board and continue.

Finally, once all the LEDs are oriented correctly it was good to go!

#62 3 years ago

Thanks for that Brady and glad everything is working.

Just to clarify this is an issue that *should* have been resolved with v1.1. The new board revision v1.2, which should be arriving early next week, has additional work done around the circuit that deals with the AC fading, and not only fixes the issue (for good!) will be easier and faster to produce. I'm keen to get things moving as I've got a bunch of other mods on the horizon that I want to start focusing on but have to make sure that all existing customers are sorted first.

Speaking of - existing 1.1 users will have the option to either follow Brady's steps above or do an exchange with the newer version. GIOCD users (both new and existing) will require a new breakout board that I'll be posting out soon. Shipping and stock has been sporadic and unpredictable but I'm hoping by next week I'll start getting the PMs out to let everyone know what the plan is.

Again, big thanks for everyones patience!

Davey

#63 3 years ago

No rush here Davey. Take your time man.

1 week later
#64 3 years ago

Pinside is back!

As you might be aware, I’ve been grappling with a protracted issue around LED polarity. Rather than getting into the guts of the issue (which you can read all about here if you enjoy esoteric circuit debugging, and lets be honest, who doesn’t) I thought I’d cut straight to the chase to let you know a few awesome facts instead, which are way more fun.

Awesome fact 1 - The issues are resolved (sub-awesome fact - This includes both the normal version, and the version designed to work with the GI OCD/Afterglow).
Awesome fact 2 - The new revision of the board (1.2) is here.
Awesome fact 3 - The current round peeps boards have been built, packaged, and were sent out last last week

It’s been a long road to get to this point. I’ve probably spent 20 times the hours on the Chase Echo that I have all my other mods combined. Getting it working with the GI OCD and Afterglow has been another layer of complexity on top. I can't deny that at points I’ve wanted to pull my hair out and abandon the whole thing, but I suppose pinball does that to all of us from time to time.

Getting the production line moving again is a great feeling, and I’m excited to get these into everyones machines.

Fun photo time!

Chase Echo boardsChase Echo boards

Ultra profesh packagingUltra profesh packaging

OCD Breakout boardOCD Breakout board

Next round people, I'm all up in your PMs!

#65 3 years ago

Also, I forgot to say HUGE THANKYOU to all those who voted for the Move Your Snackbar mod in the Twipys. I honestly never expected to get so many votes, or even be in the list for that matter. It's a massive honour to be sat at the big table and I'm super stoked that everyone enjoys the stuff I'm putting out. Lots more on the way too, so who knows, maybe 8th next year!

3 weeks later
#66 2 years ago

If it is not too late, I would love to have the mod. Let me know if it's still possible. Thanks!

#67 2 years ago

Finally played my first full game on my restored creature, this mod is the crown jewel. One of the best mods out there. I can not imagine having a creature without it! Amazing work!!

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

If it is not too late, I would love to have the mod. Let me know if it's still possible. Thanks!

Sure thing. I'm just finishing up on the last build round but still have some stock so will get in touch soon with the details. Thanks for the support.

Finally played my first full game on my restored creature, this mod is the crown jewel. One of the best mods out there. I can not imagine having a creature without it! Amazing work!!

Ahh thanks Brady, that's really nice feedback, glad you like it. It's one I'm pretty proud of, not least because of all the blood, sweat and tears (like, literal tears) that went into it. Enjoy!

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Sure thing. I'm just finishing up on the last build round but still have some stock so will get in touch soon with the details. Thanks for the support.

Ahh thanks Brady, that's really nice feedback, glad you like it. It's one I'm pretty proud of, not least because of all the blood, sweat and tears (like, literal tears) that went into it. Enjoy!

Hey Dave - I'll take one if you have another spare

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Hey Dave - I'll take one if you have another spare

Sure Brett, I'll put you down on the list. Will be in touch in a week or two with the details. Thanks again!

#71 2 years ago

Can’t wait to get mine! It will complement your other nicely!

3 weeks later
#72 2 years ago

Received and installed yesterday. Out with the old…

Excellent product that’s plug and play. And a 10 minute install.

Thank you Davey!
ACAAC4B1-9350-4298-BC42-A33999CBC67B (resized).jpegACAAC4B1-9350-4298-BC42-A33999CBC67B (resized).jpegF07E2BE8-922C-49D4-916F-70131797DE64 (resized).jpegF07E2BE8-922C-49D4-916F-70131797DE64 (resized).jpeg5CDC2BC2-E7B1-4906-A7E7-C96A0BE14103 (resized).jpeg5CDC2BC2-E7B1-4906-A7E7-C96A0BE14103 (resized).jpeg888EDE76-CAAB-4F90-9C7A-36745B441964 (resized).jpeg888EDE76-CAAB-4F90-9C7A-36745B441964 (resized).jpeg268D57D7-0425-411E-9D8B-519CAC1197E2 (resized).jpeg268D57D7-0425-411E-9D8B-519CAC1197E2 (resized).jpegEE011D20-1499-49C7-8289-36BDC46F823C (resized).jpegEE011D20-1499-49C7-8289-36BDC46F823C (resized).jpeg4172ACED-146B-453F-9608-35DB68A6D640 (resized).jpeg4172ACED-146B-453F-9608-35DB68A6D640 (resized).jpeg434AC826-EF8A-43BD-97BF-FEC88A9FBA73 (resized).jpeg434AC826-EF8A-43BD-97BF-FEC88A9FBA73 (resized).jpeg1C8939DE-ED76-4DE1-8843-9DB0EC6E29DA (resized).jpeg1C8939DE-ED76-4DE1-8843-9DB0EC6E29DA (resized).jpeg

#73 2 years ago

I received the Chase Echo-25 PCB version 1.2 for my CFTBL last week. It was extremely well packaged and arrived in perfect condition.

The included instructions were spot-on and installation was truly plug and play with no last minute 'surprises'. I left all of the default DIP switch settings in place which cycles through each of the 14 different light shows in ascending order.

After installing the Chase Echo-25 PCB I turned my CFTBL on and everything worked perfectly. I watched it cycle through several different light shows while in attract mode and every LED bulb on the large circular ramp and on the CFTBL bowl lit up perfectly during the various light shows and the light fades also worked as shown in the OP's demo video.

Quite simply this mod is literally 'light' years ahead of the standard OEM chase board. I am more of a stock guy with regards to mods for my pinball collection, but every now and then a mod comes along that looks so good that I have to give it a whirl and this mod did everything that the OP said it would and it did it all perfectly without a flaw.

The link below shows a short video showing my CFTBL in attract mode with the Chase Echo-25 PCB.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HDKyQRBPM14eMT2b7

Gord

#74 2 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Thank you Davey!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow looks fantastic are your Globes the standard ones or new LEDS’s?

#75 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Wow looks fantastic are your Globes the standard ones or new LEDS’s?

The lights for the chase ramp and whirlpool? They're LED's. Actually the whole thing is. Most were done back in 2011 however I upgraded some back when I had the playfield sent out for a restoration.

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

The lights for the chase ramp and whirlpool? They're LED's. Actually the whole thing is. Most were done back in 2011 however I upgraded some back when I had the playfield sent out for a restoration.

Yes sorry the the whirlpool and ramp looks awesome.

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Thank you Davey!

Looking great Dave! And especially sexy next to that moving snackbar signage Glad you're enjoying it.

Quoted from GRB1959:

I received the Chase Echo-25 PCB version 1.2 for my CFTBL last week. It was extremely well packaged and arrived in perfect condition.
The included instructions were spot-on and installation was truly plug and play with no last minute 'surprises'. I left all of the default DIP switch settings in place which cycles through each of the 14 different light shows in ascending order.
After installing the Chase Echo-25 PCB I turned my CFTBL on and everything worked perfectly. I watched it cycle through several different light shows while in attract mode and every LED bulb on the large circular ramp and on the CFTBL bowl lit up perfectly during the various light shows and the light fades also worked as shown in the OP's demo video.
Quite simply this mod is literally 'light' years ahead of the standard OEM chase board. I am more of a stock guy with regards to mods for my pinball collection, but every now and then a mod comes along that looks so good that I have to give it a whirl and this mod did everything that the OP said it would and it did it all perfectly without a flaw.
Gord
Short video showing my CFTBL in attract mode with the Chase Echo-25 PC
https://photos.app.goo.gl/HDKyQRBPM14eMT2b7

Fantastic Gord, thanks so much for that great feedback.

I try with everything I do not the detract from the essence of the game, which is not always easy when you have bright LEDs and big plans. Sometimes as the developer it's hard to see the wood from the trees so to speak. You can get a bit carried away, focusing too much on what you 'can' do, rather than what you 'should' do. It's great to get an outsiders perspective on that, especially one who would usually shy away from bling-tastic mods.

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I just recently acquired a CFTBL again after selling mine back in 2002. I am planning numerous mods but was curious about what looks like chrome channel for the base of the speaker panel and the top edge playfield trim. Is there a source for the chrome channel or did you plate the black metal ? What about the top plastic glass trim ?

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

I just recently acquired a CFTBL again after selling mine back in 2002. I am planning numerous mods but was curious about what looks like chrome channel for the base of the speaker panel and the top edge playfield trim. Is there a source for the chrome channel or did you plate the black metal ? What about the top plastic glass trim ?

You can get it from Chris @sc93cobra. He has all sorts of stuff ready to go or you can send in your stuff.
https://pinballplating.com/new-parts/bally-williams-glass-channel-play-field-glass-slides-into-it-factory-was-plastic
https://pinballplating.com/new-parts/bally-williams-h-channels-on-top-of-speaker-panel
https://pinballplating.com/new-parts/bally-williams-u-channels-speaker-panel

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

You can get it from Chris sc93cobra. He has all sorts of stuff ready to go or you can send in your stuff.

Ah yes I've come across his stuff before, looks great. I wish we had something like this in the UK, although I'd probably go broke plating literally everything.

#82 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Thanks. There went this weeks paycheck.

Lol easy done in this hobby

1 week later
#83 2 years ago

Hey! I've just released a new mod called "Lollypops", which features full color, reactive pop bumper LED rings. Check it out.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stumblor-lollypops-full-color-reactive-led-pop-bumper-rings#post-6312800

Thanks and all the best,
Davey

3 months later
#84 2 years ago

Just ordered the chase echo board very excited

3 weeks later
#85 2 years ago

My board arrived today in Australia sent 17th September pretty quick from the UK all things considered all fitted and works a treat I just left the dip switch’s as they came pretty sure it just cycles through them all. While the PF was up I adjusted the pop bumpers for some extra bumper action. Oh and the build quality is fantastic

#86 2 years ago

That's awesome mate, thanks so much for the great feedback.

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

My board arrived today in Australia sent 17th September pretty quick from the UK all things considered all fitted and works a treat I just left the dip switch’s as they came pretty sure it just cycles through them all. While the PF was up I adjusted the pop bumpers for some extra bumper action. Oh and the build quality is fantastic

Wicked. I just unpacked mine from the moving boxes and unfolded my pin the other day. I'm looking forward to firing her up for the first time again with the CE board installed!

#88 2 years ago

wow ... impressive work!

2 weeks later
#89 2 years ago

Hi can I get put on the list as well also could I be put on the snack bar list

3 months later
#90 2 years ago

I’d like in on the action! Echo Board & Snack Bar if possible please!

#91 2 years ago

Sure thing mate, will PM. Thanks for the support.

8 months later
#92 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Pinside is back!
As you might be aware, I’ve been grappling with a protracted issue around LED polarity. Rather than getting into the guts of the issue (which you can read all about here if you enjoy esoteric circuit debugging, and lets be honest, who doesn’t) I thought I’d cut straight to the chase to let you know a few awesome facts instead, which are way more fun.
Awesome fact 1 - The issues are resolved (sub-awesome fact - This includes both the normal version, and the version designed to work with the GI OCD/Afterglow).
Awesome fact 2 - The new revision of the board (1.2) is here.
Awesome fact 3 - The current round peeps boards have been built, packaged, and were sent out last last week
It’s been a long road to get to this point. I’ve probably spent 20 times the hours on the Chase Echo that I have all my other mods combined. Getting it working with the GI OCD and Afterglow has been another layer of complexity on top. I can't deny that at points I’ve wanted to pull my hair out and abandon the whole thing, but I suppose pinball does that to all of us from time to time.
Getting the production line moving again is a great feeling, and I’m excited to get these into everyones machines.
Fun photo time!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Next round people, I'm all up in your PMs!

Do you have any card for me

#93 1 year ago
Quoted from Lindgrenandreas:

Do you have any card for me

Hi - we're taking names for a future run so feel free to add yourself to that list:

https://stumblorpinball.com/products/echo

4 months later
#94 1 year ago

Please add me to the list. Thank you!

10 months later
#95 83 days ago

If you do another run, please add me to the list! Thanks

#96 80 days ago

I would like to be on the list please. Thank you!

#97 79 days ago

Add me to the list please

Thanks

Bob May

2 months later
#98 13 days ago

Hey team - well after numerous requests about this board, we've decided to push ahead with a super limited 50pcs run. Sign up for that here:

https://stumblorpinball.com/products/echo

Once they're gone, they're gone!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

€ 24.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 40.00
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stumblor-chase-echo-a-redesigned-chase-board-for-cftbl-new/page/2?hl=stumblor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.