100_5128 (resized).JPG
20161101_110121 (resized).jpg
IMG_20160922_160234868 (resized).jpg
IMG_0772 (resized).JPG
FB_IMG_1477503900948.jpg
2016-10-25 19.07.41 (resized).jpg
NUMBERS (resized).jpg
smash (resized).jpg
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

What have you found in your games when you crack them open for the first time, besides the usual old fuses and random rubber rings? I just found an original receipt for a Stern Dracula in the bottom of a Firepower project I brought home.

Dracula Receipt (resized).jpgDracula Receipt (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Not my pics, but still funny.....

GAME2 (resized).jpgGAME2 (resized).jpg

GAME (resized).jpgGAME (resized).jpg

smash (resized).jpgsmash (resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago

Coolest thing I've found was a spiral bound notebook with more than 100 pages of hand written notes the previous owner took while teaching himself how to understand schematics, fix steppers, etc as well as a detailed list of every problem he came across and his steps to fix it. Sadly his handwriting is almost illegible

#4 7 years ago

I found my favorite hat and wallet inside of my F-14 after about 3 weeks of gone missing.

Good thing a wire broke... it might have been a year before I found them

(yes, I know you're looking for items found in bought games... this is about as close as I can get!)

#5 7 years ago

My Gottlieb Magnotron has the entire set of original factory documentation (including advertisements, score cards, schematics, "mail in" slips, and more) and operator notes/tallies for the play meter across many many months, with dates. My Gottlieb Wild Life has the operator tallies as well.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

My Gottlieb Magnotron has the entire set of original factory documentation (including advertisements, score cards, schematics, "mail in" slips, and more) and operator notes/tallies for the play meter across many many months, with dates. My Gottlieb Wild Life has the operator tallies as well.

Oh! My Spirit has the original Gottlieb warranty in it still, that was cool too

#7 7 years ago

NUMBERS (resized).jpgNUMBERS (resized).jpg

#8 7 years ago

wasps nests.... glad they werent in there with the nests

#9 7 years ago

Do you think I have a chance at the prize?

2016-10-25 19.07.41 (resized).jpg2016-10-25 19.07.41 (resized).jpg

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I found my favorite hat and wallet inside of my F-14 after about 3 weeks of gone missing.

How the heck did your wallet get inside a game? I mean, I've heard people say stuff like "I can't hear you, let me take my glasses off". What happened here? Did you think "wow, this game is broken, I have to take my wallet out of my pocket before I can fix it"?

Joe

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from joemagiera:

How the heck did your wallet get inside a game? I mean, I've heard people say stuff like "I can't hear you, let me take my glasses off". What happened here? Did you think "wow, this game is broken, I have to take my wallet out of my pocket before I can fix it"?
Joe

I can't remember. Was a weird one for sure!

#12 7 years ago

$250 in quarters because the owner did not have the coin door key. It "subsidized" the purchase nicely.

The lesson here is never do "favor" to an owner by drilling the lock while negotiating the sale. It happens more often than you think. Take the machine, ask no further questions, and go. Especially when you hear jingle jangle in the cabinet.

#13 7 years ago

TOOLS...lots of tools.

#14 7 years ago

Solder splatter.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Im cheering for you...you will have to provide your own basket

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

$250 in quarters because the owner did not have the coin door key. It "subsidized" the purchase nicely.
The lesson here is never do "favor" to an owner by drilling the lock while negotiating the sale. It happens more often than you think. Take the machine, ask no further questions, and go. Especially when you hear jingle jangle in the cabinet.

It does - usually only to the tune of a few dollars but my grand hall was $35.75 which paid for my gas money to do the pickup.

#17 7 years ago

tools and tokens. and some dead mice

#18 7 years ago

Not in my game but on my game...there's an Alladin's Castle metal number plate attached to the cabinet. Game couldn't have been in one of their arcades for very long at all, it basically looks mint.

#19 7 years ago

Frax,
Can you post a picture of the metal plate for us. I'd like to see it. Do you still have the machine that it was on? I've never heard mention of that before.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

I pity those who "repair" the game at the seller's house. Great way to get your price jacked up a few hundred dollars. Leave the fuse holder checking for at home, people!

Quoted from Frax:

Not in my game but on my game...there's an Alladin's Castle metal number plate attached to the cabinet. Game couldn't have been in one of their arcades for very long at all, it basically looks mint.

I just picked up a game (I haven't posted about it yet) that has a plate on it from some funland place in Memphis, Tennessee. It will be cool to track down and see if I can find any pictures... maybe even one with the machine in it! Longshot, but will be fun. It's really crazy how much these things travel, the machine came to me from Connecticut. I have so many machines (arcade included) with different markings, that even if I picked up decently locally, they came from states I have never even been to before and definitely not the state I picked them up from, sometimes my house is even closer to their "original" state than where I picked it up from! My furthest is my 1972 Williams Super Star pinball machine which somebody re-imported from it's original home of Sweden/Denmark where it spent its entire coin-operated life, with coin entry plate and markings to match. Really cool stuff!

Does your plate have a city/state on it or just that Aladdin's Castle markings? Very cool.

#21 7 years ago

Yeah, it's on my Farfalla. I might have the pic on my phone or I can go grab it out of our local FB group. Will post it shorrtly.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

y furthest is my 1972 Williams Super Star pinball machine which somebody re-imported from it's original home of Sweden/Denmark where it spent its entire coin-operated life

It is really neat to get some insight on your machines previous life. I have several games older than me, and I'm sure they have probably seen much more than I have.

#23 7 years ago

A few Greek coins in my BoP.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

#24 7 years ago

I have seen the alladin castle badge recently too on a paperboy arcade. looks like a metal plate drilled into the cab

#25 7 years ago

Here we go.

FB_IMG_1477503900948.jpgFB_IMG_1477503900948.jpg

#26 7 years ago

some horrors including a dead cat and a wasp nest. nice things include all many of tools even test equipment. these days just grateful to find an original manual in there and cash box if lucky.

#27 7 years ago

not a machine but found a signed Harlem Globetrotters London tour flyer from 1960s behind a very tatty HG backglass. the backglass ended up in the skip (dumpster) but the flyer did 3 figures on eBay

#28 7 years ago

Found under a ramp during a pop bumper rebuild on AFM.

IMG_0772 (resized).JPGIMG_0772 (resized).JPG

#29 7 years ago

Pot pipe, scale, fire works, southern comfort nip. If you had one of these machines as a teenager it was the perfect place to hide stuff.

#30 7 years ago

I remember I found at least THREE balls in left side of Rudy's head in a Funhouse I bought back in 1997.
They kept getting lost due to a bent bracket inside in the mouth when the ball was attempted to be locked, which instead pushed the balls into the head.
Operator could not find the balls, and kept replacing them, which he mentioned during the sale.

"This game keeps EATING balls!" (he exclaimed)
The reality was this actually true in a matter of speaking.

I only found the balls after I did a full rebuild on the game.

#31 7 years ago

Sex tape of asian woman, probably Korean early 20s and white guy in his 30s.

#33 7 years ago

Found a bowl in my most recent pick up. Still some ganja inside. Myself and the seller had a laugh via text.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I want to know why a case of beer is deemed less valuable than a basket of cheer. does said basket of cheer contain a case of liquor?

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Was Yoda holding the raffle? Read the fine print...

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

A bag of magic mushrooms.

did you eat them?

#37 7 years ago

Found this pin

IMG_20160922_160234868 (resized).jpgIMG_20160922_160234868 (resized).jpg

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

The human brain is friggin amazing. I read that line 3-4 times wondering what you were talking about.

When I read it in my head, the words always went in the "correct" order.

However, when I read it aloud.. I said to myself... what did I just say?!?!

LOL!!!
faz

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I found one too. I'm on vacation, otherwise I'd post pics of mine. It's now adorned on my beer fridge, but I was super excited when I found it in my TZ. Which is a mint example too.

I rode my bike on a regular basis to the Aladins Castle in our mall, so it was a cool find.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

Haha, I didn't even notice that before! Nice catch

#41 7 years ago

And rusty pinballs!!!!!

#43 7 years ago

I've found the usual tools, cigarette butts and loose hardware. The coolest thing was a
pin up girl pic in a frame from the 1950's. It was inside my Genco FORMATION.
Its a great pic and it is on the wall next to the pin.
Steve

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from zarco:

I've found the usual tools, cigarette butts and loose hardware. The coolest thing was a
Steve

Can we see it? I dig old pin-up art.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from zarco:

Steve

Let's see, love pin up girls. post pic

I found lots of screws, washers and nuts. Broken rubbers and about 100 bulbs in all my time. I keep hoping for the mother load.
I'm loading an EM into car, open coin door for extra lift into truck, giant bag of weed and a pipe. Look to my right ask seller? This yours..fumbling for answer he says NO..Really dude, you look high now I said, I also said I'm not a cop. He says, wanna smoke a bowl?
I kindly rejected, I just wanted to leave.
It was also one of those sales were he knew I was coming for 2 days, get there, pin is buried in boxes and crap. Took an hour to dig it out of garage to even plug in.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Sex tape of asian woman, probably Korean early 20s and white guy in his 30s.

Thank god you watched it enough to figure out this detail

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Thank god you watched it enough to figure out this detail

It was one of those small camcorder video tapes. I was curious, so I brought it to a friend and we watched it on his camcorder. He then made me a dvd copy which was of leasee quality than the original tape, which Inhave since lost. Funny thing was, she was hesitant to let him film it, but finally gave in after he promised he would never show it to anyone.
Well he broke that promise when he showed it to me and my friend. And before ai get anyone pming me to show it to them, I'll save them the trouble. i would never do that to the woman, who clearly was worried about the possibility of it getting out.

#48 7 years ago

500 cash in an envelope in the far back of the machine.

#49 7 years ago

Usually all I find is stray coins and old power supplies the op or tech left when they installed a new one.

Had a few vids with original pcbs left in there when they did a conversion. Nice to find a full Joust board set like that.

Most coins I've ever found was around $100 stuck to bottom in spilled soda. Only paid $40 for the game, so end up being free.

#50 7 years ago

A quarter and dead baby mice.

Oh, and in my firepower all the burnt coils, brackets and all the hard to find pieces removed to put it back correct. Yea for that!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stuff-youve-found-in-your-games?hl=kronlar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.