6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by HowardR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinPilot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

My recently-revived Student Prince is not scoring correctly.

When the 300 point light is lit on the outlanes, it only scores 100, and when the the Gate is open and a ball makes it through, again only 100 points are awarded instead of 300. Finally, on the number wheel in the center of the playfield, it only scores 10 (or 100 if the flippers are closed). The 2x,3x,4x, and 5x scores don't work, even though the number advances on the wheel. They all score 10 or 100, as if the number "1" were showing.

All other scoring works normally.

The other issue that may be related is the "Same Player shoots again" function doesn't work. The light lights up on the playfield, but then as the next ball is served, it advances the ball count (or ends the game) and no free ball is awarded.

I found the 300 point relay, and it does seem to operate as it should.

Is there a score multiplier unit somewhere that only comes into play in these "extra" scoring situations?

If a fellow S.P. owner could give me some advice as to where to start, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Also, on your S.P., how long does the gate stay open? On mine, it seems to close immediately when a bumper is hit, making it very difficult to ever get a ball through. Sometimes it stays open a bit longer, maybe 2-3 bumper hits. How is it supposed to operate?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinPilot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/student-prince-scoring-incorrectly?tu=PinPilot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.