(Topic ID: 176778)

Merry Christmas to me - Student Loans - PAID!!!!!!

By NPO

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Yoski
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Shes_trying-ND-cheerleader (resized).png
FREE - Student_Loans_Dec_2016 (resized).jpg
IMG_1210 (resized).PNG
Freedom-yell (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

To side track a bit, I think the main problem with student loans is that it costs the exact same to get a electrical engineering degree as it does to get a sports management degree. One will make $65k out of school and the other will be $35k

I mostly agree with the comparison in costs of college in different fields versus respective salaries being a problem, especially as college tuition has become such a burden for middle and lower class families. However, if you graduate with a BSEE in a major recession like I did (1993) only about 30% of my graduating class in a major university were getting jobs right out of school. It took some time and post graduation creativity to end up with the opportunities many of us eventually got. Fortunately college was much less expensive even for an out of state student back then. I was not saddled with any debt because my parents were generous as heck and planned from my birth to send me to school on my dad's BSEE salary alone, and I helped out by being as frugal as I could while going to school and working a part-time job from my senior year of high school to my junior year of college. I have made sure to tell my parent's several times throughout the years how thankful I am for what they did to help me be successful. It was not only the financial support, but also the numerous times they gave me encouragement to achieve.

1 week later
#73 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Whoops, looks like I was a bit off, student debt has surpassed credit card debt but not mortgage debt. That makes more sense anyway. It's still ridiculous. There's no way the people can ever get out of debt with this debt based federal reserve fraud going on. If 2 people are on an island and each borrow .50 from a banker and only $1 exists on the island, where does the interest come from?

The government prints more money, most get a raise, and prices get inflated. Then more borrowing happens.

I came to the conclusion as I became middle-aged that borrowing/debt is the big con of capitalism.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/student-loans-paid?tu=dcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.