Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170710_154511 (resized).jpg
20170709_183818 (resized).jpg
20170709_183807 (resized).jpg
20170709_183639 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

I've got a problem on my Class of 1812

I have a single switch stuck on. Switch 51 which is the left ramp. Every other switch seems to work fine, no switch is triggering anything else, but 51 is just stuck on.

I know the switch and lamp matrix and tied together so I also have a lamp matrix issue. A bunch of lights come on with other lights during controlled lamp test. Examples would be, shoot again triggers the Door Prize light, or the 20,000 led on the ramp riggers the middle arrow on Zomb's.

I tested the lamp matrix colum by grounding the associated transistors and the lights only come on for the specific colum I am triggering.

I also removed A1J5 from the CPU board and switch 51 was still showing as stuck on in the switch test.

I tried swapping CPU boards from my Surf n Safari and the issue did not follow the board.

Then I found that the diode board under the PF if I removed the connector from that board that the switch stopped triggering. So I assumed that it might be an issue with the diode board

But there is another diode board in this game that no switches on it are having any issues, so I plugged the connector in on that diode board and the issue was the exact same, which to me rules out the diode board as the problem.

I'm really not sure where else to look at this point.

Any help would be appriciated.

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from Vengeance:

Then I found that the diode board under the PF if I removed the connector from that board that the switch stopped triggering. So I assumed that it might be an issue with the diode board

I could be wrong but all you did there was disconnect the signal from the switch? Have you indeed checked the switch or at least put a business card in between to see if switch still shows connected. Times like these I really miss @Blownfuse(rip)
-Mike

#3 6 years ago

It's a micro switch, but I have disconnected the wires and it's still stuck on

#4 6 years ago

Ugh, so the search for a short begins. Have patience,this could be a pia.
-Mike

#5 6 years ago

Dam, was hoping it might be something else :/

#6 6 years ago

The one strange thing was I can't tone out the switch to the diode board

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Vengeance:

The one strange thing was I can't tone out the switch to the diode board

Broken/bad wire?
-Mike

#8 6 years ago

I have a 3 foot wire with alligator clips on both ends for times like this. Might be worth making up a wire to test with.
-Mike

#9 6 years ago

If I could figured out exactly which switch on the diode board it was, I could try and remove that single wire from the connector I guess and then rewire it myself.

hmmmmmmmm

#10 6 years ago

Well I pulled the wire I thought it was from the connector on the diode board and apparently that wasn't the wire. It's purple/purple from the switch, but the purple/purple that I pulled from the diode board didn't change the issue .

I think I might replace the connector, one pin at a time and see when the issue comes back

Just need to buy a connector and pins first though

#11 6 years ago

Do you have a switch matrix diagram for the game (since they're not online)? If you do please post a photo of it.

#12 6 years ago

Terry give me a minute , looking now.
-Mike

#13 6 years ago

20170709_183639 (resized).jpg20170709_183639 (resized).jpg

20170709_183807 (resized).jpg20170709_183807 (resized).jpg

20170709_183818 (resized).jpg20170709_183818 (resized).jpg

#14 6 years ago

So looking at this SW51 is brown wire and red wire. ? Make sense or know?
-Mike

#15 6 years ago

Thanks G. I've got to quit drinking in the afternoon, I can't find the wire colors???

In any case, check between strobe 5 and return 1 for a short.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

So looking at this SW51 is brown wire and red wire. ? Make sense or know?

Not in the game it's not, it is a Purple/Purple.

#17 6 years ago

I will look at mine tonite.
-Mike

#18 6 years ago

Oh boy, I have 1 wire with brown/blue/white and wire 2 has purple/black/white.
No where near matching schematics.
Your gonna have to start tracing wires. If its not the switch then its something on that line(strobe light) that you'll have to find.
-Mike

20170710_154511 (resized).jpg20170710_154511 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stuck-switch-on-class-of-1812 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.