2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Billc479
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Good day pinheads! I am trying to clean the pop bumper bodies, skirts and playfield on a very dirty game. I have removed the pop bumper bodies, lamp sockets and lock nuts holding the metal ring to the yolk. The problem is that I cant pull the ring out of the yolk. Any thoughts on getting the rings out?

Thanks in advance!
    Jason

#2 2 years ago

Did you remove the coil? Sometimes the "legs" of the ring get bent out, causing it to drag on the way out. With the coil assembly out of the way, try pinching the legs or spreading the legs while pulling up from the playfield.

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from Billc479:

Did you remove the coil? Sometimes the "legs" of the ring get bent out, causing it to drag on the way out. With the coil assembly out of the way, try pinching the legs or spreading the legs while pulling up from the playfield.

I was hoping to not have to remove the coil. I can try pinching/spreading the legs though.

#4 2 years ago

had this issue and the I used a pointy scratch awl and a hammer and gently tapped them out !

#5 2 years ago

A hammer and a pin punch works.

#6 2 years ago

I will try all of these. Thank you!

#7 2 years ago

I don’t know what machine you’re working on, but removing three screws should not be that hard. Then just lift the assembly out of the way.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stuck-pop-bumper-ring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.