By monsonb

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Check-Mate-Work-01 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monsonb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Working on a Criterium 75, and impatiently waiting on the schematic to arrive. I did clean all of the switches in the back box, and on and under the playfield. That usually works, but not this time.

The backbox reads "player 1", but I am stuck in two player games. I have re-cleaned the contacts on the "balls unit", but that didn't help. Any ideas of where to look?

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

the big question is: Does Your "Criterium 75" still has the Control-Bank as my Far Out

Hi Rolf, my Criterium 75 has the Control-Bank.
Thanks for the reply and the links. I wouldn't have found those by myself.

#4 6 years ago

IF (if, if) the J2-2nd-Player-Relay is resetted BUT this switch is faulty (contact-points oxidated or wire broken off or faulty gapped): The pin steps through a Two-Player-Game.

It took awhile to figure out how to access the switches in the control bank, but you were right. There was a switch blade that wasn't making contact in the 2nd player relay. Thanks, again, for your advice and your insight!

EDIT: I haven't solved my problem, though. Now I can play a 1, 3, or 4 player game, but I can't play a 2 player game. I think I have to go back and make sure other blades are making correct contact in the 2nd player relay.

#6 6 years ago

please give more details on "cannot play a TWO-Player-Game" --- You start a brand-new game - the pin resets the Score-Drums and kicks the ball out - ready to play a ONE-Player-Game. You press the Credit-Button again --- and now ??? Does the Backglass shows "Two Can Play" ?

Hi Rolf,

When I press the credit button for the second time the second player light comes on and the credit wheel deducts another credit. Yes, the backglass lights the "two can play". The game then plays like a single player game. It skips the second player.

When I press the button at the beginning of a new game three times, the "three can play" lights come on and the credit wheel deducts three times. The game will play normally for player 1 and 3, but it skips player 2.

It is the same for a 4 player game. Press the button four times, four can play lights come on, four credits deducted, and players 1, 3, and 4 play normally. Player 2 is skipped.

Also, at the end of 3 or 4 player game, the "One Can Play" lights goes out and the other stay on.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monsonb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stuck-in-two-player-game?tu=monsonb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.