6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Check-Mate-Work-01 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Working on a Criterium 75, and impatiently waiting on the schematic to arrive. I did clean all of the switches in the back box, and on and under the playfield. That usually works, but not this time.

The backbox reads "player 1", but I am stuck in two player games. I have re-cleaned the contacts on the "balls unit", but that didn't help. Any ideas of where to look?

#2 6 years ago

Hi monsonb
the big question is: Does Your "Criterium 75" still has the Control-Bank as my Far Out: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=823&picno=19015 (sitting left of the chimes) --- or does Your pin "no longer has an Control-Bank" - as my Surf Champ: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2459&picno=46684 ?

Recel is Gottlieb-technology. A nice site to "Spanish pins" is: http://www.tecnopinball.org/ and then (documentos) http://www.tecnopinball.org/doc_biblioteca.php --- a click on "Fabricante" brings the list into order of manufacturers --- well, they have the schematics to "Check Mate (1975)". I believe their "Balls Unit" is what Gottlieb calls "Player-Unit".

IF (if, if) the J2-2nd-Player-Relay is resetted BUT this switch is faulty (contact-points oxidated or wire broken off or faulty gapped): The pin steps through a Two-Player-Game. Greetings Rolf

0Check-Mate-Work-01 (resized).jpg0Check-Mate-Work-01 (resized).jpg

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

the big question is: Does Your "Criterium 75" still has the Control-Bank as my Far Out

Hi Rolf, my Criterium 75 has the Control-Bank.
Thanks for the reply and the links. I wouldn't have found those by myself.

#4 6 years ago

IF (if, if) the J2-2nd-Player-Relay is resetted BUT this switch is faulty (contact-points oxidated or wire broken off or faulty gapped): The pin steps through a Two-Player-Game.

It took awhile to figure out how to access the switches in the control bank, but you were right. There was a switch blade that wasn't making contact in the 2nd player relay. Thanks, again, for your advice and your insight!

EDIT: I haven't solved my problem, though. Now I can play a 1, 3, or 4 player game, but I can't play a 2 player game. I think I have to go back and make sure other blades are making correct contact in the 2nd player relay.

#5 6 years ago

Hi monsonb
please give more details on "cannot play a TWO-Player-Game" --- You start a brand-new game - the pin resets the Score-Drums and kicks the ball out - ready to play a ONE-Player-Game. You press the Credit-Button again --- and now ??? Does the Backglass shows "Two Can Play" ? Player-1 plays the first ball - makes points, looses the ball --- and now, what happens ?

I am also impatiently waiting for the schematics to come to You. Switches and COLOR of connecting wires ...
The snippet of "Schematics Check Mate" I show in post-2 is the "beef" in Gottlieb (Control-Bank-Type) Pins "stepping through the Players / stepping through the Balls". In Williams and Bally Pins I try first to have a ONE-Player-Game running (most easyest) --- in a Gottlieb I try first to have a FOUR-Player-Game running (most easyest).

The Gottlieb solution (Player-Unit) is - after resetting and reaching the so called "Home-Position of the Player-Unit": Player1-Ball1 then one step to Player2-Ball1 then step to Pl3-Ball1 then step to Pl4-B1 then step to Pl1-B2 then step to Pl2-B2, Pl3-B2, Pl4-B2, Pl1-B3 etc.
So in a FOUR-Player-Game: ALWAYS one step.
So in a ONE-Player-Game: ALWAYS hop hop hop hop (4 steps) to the next ball on Player1.
So in a 2,3-Player-Game: Tricky - sometimes one step - sometimes several steps ...

Please give more details on "cannot play a TWO-Player-Game", greetings Rolf

#6 6 years ago

please give more details on "cannot play a TWO-Player-Game" --- You start a brand-new game - the pin resets the Score-Drums and kicks the ball out - ready to play a ONE-Player-Game. You press the Credit-Button again --- and now ??? Does the Backglass shows "Two Can Play" ?

Hi Rolf,

When I press the credit button for the second time the second player light comes on and the credit wheel deducts another credit. Yes, the backglass lights the "two can play". The game then plays like a single player game. It skips the second player.

When I press the button at the beginning of a new game three times, the "three can play" lights come on and the credit wheel deducts three times. The game will play normally for player 1 and 3, but it skips player 2.

It is the same for a 4 player game. Press the button four times, four can play lights come on, four credits deducted, and players 1, 3, and 4 play normally. Player 2 is skipped.

Also, at the end of 3 or 4 player game, the "One Can Play" lights goes out and the other stay on.

#7 6 years ago

Hi Monsonb
You can play a ONE-Player-Game: The "J2-Switch on J2-Relay in the Control-Bank" is closed as it should, nice --- You then start for the Second-Player to participate - other switches on the J2-Relay work (You see the "Two Can Play" on the Backglass) --- BUT the switch we have in focus: Does NOT open. So we should have the schematics to look-up the colors of wires to get the information "Which one of the Switches in the J2-Relay is the one to adjust".
I live in Switzerland south of Germany - it is late (01:45) --- till tomorrow, greetings Rolf

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stuck-in-two-player-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.