• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

456F6213-0267-4779-B5B6-3F5406127402 (resized).jpeg
Lite A Car Tilt relays (resized).jpg
9ABD8C42-7091-4367-84D1-12E24BC57C10 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago

I don't have an Aloha schematic but this one from Lite A Card might be similar:
Lite A Car Tilt relays (resized).jpgLite A Car Tilt relays (resized).jpg
In this schematic the Tilt switches fire the T/Tilt relay, not the 1st and 2nd Player Tilt (TB1 & TB2) relays.

The way this works I think is that any of the Tilt switches at the top of the schematic can fire the T/Tilt relay. When the T relay fires it opens the normally closed T/Tilt relay switch which was sending current through the H/30 Volt Hold relay, causing it to relax. When the H relay lets go, the Make/Break switch in the bottom right corner sends power through the circuit that fires either the 1st (TB1) or 2nd (TB2) Player Tilt relays, depending on who is playing. Once one of the players has tilted, the ball drains and the B/Change Players relay fires which restores power to the H/30 Volt Hold relay and the rest of the game. The TB1 (or TB2) relay doesn't reset since it is a trip relay. The effect I imagine is that when one player tilts his game is over while the other player is allowed to finish the game.

If your schematic looks like this one I'd investigate the four switches that drive the TB1 relay. Most likely I think is the Make/Break switch on the H/30 Volt Hold relay. If that switch is stuck closed your TB1 relay would not want to reset.

/Mark

#8 4 years ago

Assuming your schematic matches the one from Lite A Card above your H relay not holding is the reason the TB1 relay trips, as explained in reply #3. Try jumpering around them with a test lead one at a time to see of that lets the H relay stay on. One or more of them isn't closing reliably.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stuck-in-tilt-aloha?tu=markg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.