Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 days ago by Tonup69
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

456F6213-0267-4779-B5B6-3F5406127402 (resized).jpeg
Lite A Car Tilt relays (resized).jpg
9ABD8C42-7091-4367-84D1-12E24BC57C10 (resized).jpeg

#1 46 days ago

I'm still working on several issues on my Aloha. Somewhere along the line I must have a adjusted a switch wrong or something. The machine is now stuck on player 1 tilt. The TB1 tilt relay on the relay bank is thrown and will not reset (buzzes when I try). The main tilt relay on the machine (relay T) is not engaged. If I try to reset the relay bank by hand it will not reset the Tilt relay. Where should I start looking? I went ahead and disconnected the tilt bob. The schematic says there are two more tilt switches - not sure where they are.

Where should I start looking?

Cheers,

LTR

#2 45 days ago

Is your mercury switch set so the fluid is angled down? I don't have time tonight to pull the glass off and look for other switches cause I need to move a machine out of the way first. Let me know tomorrow and I can open my Aloha up and could even face time to compare things. Good luck.

9ABD8C42-7091-4367-84D1-12E24BC57C10 (resized).jpeg
#3 45 days ago

I don't have an Aloha schematic but this one from Lite A Card might be similar:
Lite A Car Tilt relays (resized).jpg
In this schematic the Tilt switches fire the T/Tilt relay, not the 1st and 2nd Player Tilt (TB1 & TB2) relays.

The way this works I think is that any of the Tilt switches at the top of the schematic can fire the T/Tilt relay. When the T relay fires it opens the normally closed T/Tilt relay switch which was sending current through the H/30 Volt Hold relay, causing it to relax. When the H relay lets go, the Make/Break switch in the bottom right corner sends power through the circuit that fires either the 1st (TB1) or 2nd (TB2) Player Tilt relays, depending on who is playing. Once one of the players has tilted, the ball drains and the B/Change Players relay fires which restores power to the H/30 Volt Hold relay and the rest of the game. The TB1 (or TB2) relay doesn't reset since it is a trip relay. The effect I imagine is that when one player tilts his game is over while the other player is allowed to finish the game.

If your schematic looks like this one I'd investigate the four switches that drive the TB1 relay. Most likely I think is the Make/Break switch on the H/30 Volt Hold relay. If that switch is stuck closed your TB1 relay would not want to reset.

/Mark

#4 45 days ago
Quoted from pinballdork:

Is your mercury switch set so the fluid is angled down? I don't have time tonight to pull the glass off and look for other switches cause I need to move a machine out of the way first. Let me know tomorrow and I can open my Aloha up and could even face time to compare things. Good luck.[quoted image]

First off - that mercury switch is very cool! However, somebody must have removed - or broke - mine a long time ago. No trace of it. I also dissconnected the plumb bob. I would be very grateful if we could facetime - maybe later tonight would work. I will PM my number.

#5 45 days ago
Quoted from MarkG:

I don't have an Aloha schematic but this one from Lite A Card might be similar:
[quoted image]
In this schematic the Tilt switches fire the T/Tilt relay, not the 1st and 2nd Player Tilt (TB1 & TB2) relays.
The way this works I think is that any of the Tilt switches at the top of the schematic can fire the T/Tilt relay. When the T relay fires it opens the normally closed T/Tilt relay switch which was sending current through the H/30 Volt Hold relay, causing it to relax. When the H relay lets go, the Make/Break switch in the bottom right corner sends power through the circuit that fires either the 1st (TB1) or 2nd (TB2) Player Tilt relays, depending on who is playing. Once one of the players has tilted, the ball drains and the B/Change Players relay fires which restores power to the H/30 Volt Hold relay and the rest of the game. The TB1 (or TB2) relay doesn't reset since it is a trip relay. The effect I imagine is that when one player tilts his game is over while the other player is allowed to finish the game.
If your schematic looks like this one I'd investigate the four switches that drive the TB1 relay. Most likely I think is the Make/Break switch on the H/30 Volt Hold relay. If that switch is stuck closed your TB1 relay would not want to reset.
/Mark

I will snap a shot of my schematic, but that looks about right. If I hold the H/30V relay in by hand the machine lights up, but the relay is not holding. If I try to reset TB1, it won't stay reset and there is a buzzing noise. I'll take a closer look at the H relay switches. Thanks!

#6 42 days ago

I did solve one problem with this pin, but I am still stuck in Tilt. I can't seem to get the relay bank to reset without the TB1 firing - or not staying reset. Seems to be one switch holding it from reset, but I'll have to figure out the wires going to that switch. Also the 30V (H) relay is not holding on like it should. Any hints?

#7 42 days ago
Quoted from Tonup69:

I did solve one problem with this pin, but I am still stuck in Tilt. I can't seem to get the relay bank to reset without the TB1 firing - or not staying reset. Seems to be one switch holding it from reset, but I'll have to figure out the wires going to that switch. Also the 30V (H) relay is not holding on like it should. Any hints?

FYI - the T (Tilt) relay is NOT engaged.

#8 42 days ago

Assuming your schematic matches the one from Lite A Card above your H relay not holding is the reason the TB1 relay trips, as explained in reply #3. Try jumpering around them with a test lead one at a time to see of that lets the H relay stay on. One or more of them isn't closing reliably.

#9 42 days ago
Quoted from MarkG:

Assuming your schematic matches the one from Lite A Card above your H relay not holding is the reason the TB1 relay trips, as explained in reply #3. Try jumpering around them with a test lead one at a time to see of that lets the H relay stay on. One or more of them isn't closing reliably.

From Aloha. Looks the same.

456F6213-0267-4779-B5B6-3F5406127402 (resized).jpeg
#10 39 days ago

Getting there. Had some time today to mess with my pin and here is what I found:

1) That make/break switch on the H relay is working just fine, cleaned it anyway. The H relay is not staying engaged causing the TB relay to not reset.
2) The wire going to the H relay itself is Blue. That wire is on a normally closed swtich on the T relay. The while (slate?) wire on the other side of the closed switch on the T relay is not energized - so, that's why the H relay is not engaged.
3) I think this slate wire comes from the QB relay, but not sure.
4) Fixed two minor adjustments to the 1pt relay (gap) and the switch for the relay bank reset - these work fine now, but still in tilt (I had to check them by sending power to the H relay).

Next thing to check for the Tilt problem? Seems if I can figure that out, the game will be working again.

LTR

#11 33 days ago

Gobble Gobble!! Last major problem. No longer stuck in tilt after tracking down some loose wires on kick out relay related issues. Last problem is that after the ball goes down the center gobble hole it scores correctly, but then gets stuck in a cycle firing the J, C and I relays over and over while the score motor spins. I suspect something isn’t gapped right on one of those relays, but I just can get it right. ideas?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 3.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
€ 4.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Multigame
€ 9.10
$ 209.99
$ 5,999.99
$ 16.00
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside