switch (resized).jpeg
4DCA1D25-AE6D-48C2-A7AE-BA8BDF74C02E (resized).jpeg
572B863D-25EE-4241-932B-CB154A1A60B0 (resized).jpeg
F62C0800-FAF5-4C68-91A7-AE978ED02CA7 (resized).jpeg
switch (resized).jpeg
switch (resized).jpeg
BFB78508-9021-45D7-A1AC-D5AE35F68EBD (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider currieddog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Bach:

When I move/push the hold leaf switch it turns the game on but then it goes right back into tilt.

Hold has to be on for the game to run, so the problem is elsewhere. OR, do you mean the game lites up? It will be in tilt until it starts. What game is this?

#8 3 years ago

The game is actually tilted. The Tilt relay sw. (single sw. A-1084) in post 3 should be closed. Check these tilt switches.

Capture (resized).pngCapture (resized).png
#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Bach:

Are these in the right position now? These have repositioned.

No, they should be nice and straight. The way the relay works is that when the coil is energized it pulls the plate in (circled below) and that lifts the switch blades, either directly or via the vinyl lifters. If you look at the schematic, next to the Hold relay on the legend it reads: 2A, 1C under Contacts. That means two switches are NO (normally open) and 1 is a M/B (make/break). And is the Tilt sw. (circled) making solid contact? It is hard to tell from the pic. Again, looking at the legend you see 1B under Contacts, which means that it is a NC (normally closed) sw. Check this site, which I mentioned in your other thread, for more detail if you have questions on adjusting the contacts: http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index1 (PS-it's good to keep to one thread. If I hadn't seen the other one I wouldn't have seen the schematic snippet you posted)(PPS-once you've straightened out the blades make adjustments on the short blade only)

switch (resized).jpegswitch (resized).jpeg

#13 3 years ago

The bottom circled sw. is adjusted correctly. You can see how the it will make contact when the plate pulls in and also how, as is, the vinyl lifters won't be working.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from Bach:

Should it be touching the plate switch (circled). When it’s not touching the lights come on.

Yes, it should. Is the top circled sw. making contact? It should not. The sw. should go, from the bottom, open, open, closed, open. One hint is the number of spacers: if you look at the oddly shaped circle area you'll see there are two spacers for NO and only one for NC.

The upper pic in post 16 is Tilt? The long blade with the lifter needs to be bent down to touch the plate and the contacts need to be making solid contact. The lifter should open the contact when the plate is pulled in.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Bach:

I think I fixed it. Is the game always suppose to start in the tilt mode until You manual push the coin lever?

Good job, and yes.

Quoted from Bach:

And it seems that I have to push the reset lever a couple times or Hold it in for an extra second for the contacts to connect and hold position. It’s pretty neat watching all this happen.

What do you mean by reset lever?

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Bach:

Picture 1 is when it’s in tilt. Everything is straight.

Picture two- I push the coin lever and this engages and now There not straight. The game only works when this is engaged but I thought someone mentioned that these should always be straight?

Only one pic and I don't see what you're referring to.

#29 3 years ago

Pic 2 the coil is engaged and the plate is pulled in. Everything looks right.

#32 3 years ago

I sent you a message.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from Bach:

All the bonus lights at the bottom don’t work and the bottom two bumpers don’t engage Or light.

Check the bonus unit, which should be in the back box, for clean rivets on the side with moving arms, and also that the contact on the arms are clean and making solid contact. Also the bulbs themselves, which you can get at from under the playfield, though it is unlikely that they'd all be shot or that all the sockets need to be cleaned, but ya never know. For the bumpers: there should be a double switch under each. Make sure they're clean and adjusted correctly. Pop the caps off and make sure the bulbs aren't shot.

Quoted from Bach:

when playing the 100,000 doesn’t light up right away when it’s suppose to.

Which 100K?

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from Bach:

100k-1million will reset but the bottom 10-90k will be the same number from the last game played.

It's odd: there is a 100K unit reset but I don't see one for the 10K unit so you'll have to compare them pre and post reset. There should be a '0' pos. switch on each and the one on the 10K may need to be cleaned and/or gapped correctly.

Any idea what 'ON SLIDE' is? Never saw that before.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from Bach:

Any idea what 'ON SLIDE' is?

I don't.

Quoted from Bach:

The 100,000 at the top. So when the score is going from 70k,80k,90k it skips the 100k at the top. Eventually it will light up but not

Not sure how to get the backglass out on this machine, but you need to get in to check the bulb and socket.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from Bach:

Everything circled doesn’t work. There’s no way all these bulbs are bad. I have bulbs on order....

Re-read my post 33. Not sure which one is the Bonus unit, but it should only have one coil.

Quoted from Bach:

Noticed this was taped and looked like it was falling off. Sure enough it wasn’t connected. Why was it taped?

Is that the fish tape I read about?

Pretty funny-maybe not for you-that it was taped!! Sheesh. You'll need to get a new switch. You're holding it backward in the pic. Fish paper is the 'insulation' that you will see between some switch blades.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider currieddog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stuck-in-tilt-?tu=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.