• Latest reply 2 years ago by sped372
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2021-12-23 183058 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

I finally summoned the courage to disassemble and de-gum the bonus unit (had cleaned as best as I could without fully removing the shaft but was still hanging up occasionally). I'm confident I got everything back together and properly aligned, and that thing snaps back with authority now!

However, now when I fire the machine up it runs through the reset cycle and then immediately starts firing off 100 points over and over while the score motor runs.

I don't think anything I touched would cause this so I'm confused and not sure if it's just a coincidence brought on by tipping the playfield all the way up against the back box and down?

The only 100 point items are the 2 standup targets as far as I know. The drops score 300, which, actually I don't know how that works to repeat the 100 3x for each of those. The loop I'm stuck in now is a slower repeat than the quick 3x staccato of scoring 300 though.

Any advice?

#2 2 years ago

Also I know it's something on the playfield, if I unplug the Jones connectors to the field it doesn't get stuck in the loop.

#3 2 years ago

What game?

#4 2 years ago

Solar City

#5 2 years ago

Check all the drop target scoring switches. If one is closed the 300 point relay will stay pulled in and keep the score motor running.

#6 2 years ago

What's the pattern of 100s? is it 1-2-3 (pause) 1-2-3, or 1-2-3-4-5 (pause) 1-2-3-4-5?
Also, what are the Score Control relays (C and D) doing when this happens?

#7 2 years ago

No pauses, just the same repeating ding ding ding ding over and over at the same pace as the score motor. C appears to be firing at the same pace, D looks like it's not doing anything.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

What's the pattern of 100s? is it 1-2-3 (pause) 1-2-3, or 1-2-3-4-5 (pause) 1-2-3-4-5?
Also, what are the Score Control relays (C and D) doing when this happens?

Quoted from sped372:

No pauses, just the same repeating ding ding ding ding over and over at the same pace as the score motor. C appears to be firing at the same pace, D looks like it's not doing anything.

That seems unlikely, but in any case have you tried pinballdaveh 's advice to check the drop target switches? They're connected to the C relay.

#9 2 years ago

To be clear there is a pause, but it's the same consistent pause between every ding. No groups of three or five, just the same consistent rhythm.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from sped372:

No groups of three or five, just the same consistent rhythm.

I don't have the game (nor schematics) but can you see a Relay
on the bottom board (maybe bottom side of the playfield) that's
remaining energized?

#11 2 years ago

Hi sped372 here is a snippet of the schematic for your game:

Screenshot 2021-12-23 183058 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2021-12-23 183058 (resized).jpg

I would start with the easy things to check, first for me would be the switch on the B relay I highlighted in green, B is the pop bumper relay - check that's not stuck on. (The switch in question will have a Yellow with Blue and Red tracer wire on one side, and a Blue with Black tracer on the other)

Next, the bullseye target switches will fire 100 if the game is set to 5 balls (3 ball setting fires the 1000).

Lets rule out those first, we can then tackle some of the other relays that get a bit more tricky

#12 2 years ago

Finally had a chance to spend some time on this again. There was a wire near one of the upper drop targets that had moved and was pressing on a switch causing the issue. Thanks for the ideas!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stuck-in-100-points-loop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.