• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Hey guys. I put this pic in vids guide but I was thinking it may not go there because its a guide haha. I'm trying to take the mini flipper Out of the mini playfield on my swords of fury so I can continue to clean and wax the entire playfield. I am at a standstill right now and it's 3 o'clock in the morning :(One of my friends is coming over tomorrow to help me rebuild the flippers so I want to get everything cleaned before we start that project. Can someone please tell me the easiest way to get the flipper up through the playfield once I have the bolt out of the bottom of the playfield? I've tried wiggling from the top, do I need to wedge something in the bracket to loosen it up and whack it with a hammer?
Thanks very much.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 11 years ago

C'mon guys simple question. Surely one of u have taken a flipper out. I'm a newbie trying not to mess up my machine. I got the bolt out and the Allen bolt ,and this mug ain't budging ...what am I doing wrong

#3 11 years ago

take a screwdriver and gently pry apart at the red arrow. you don't need to pry it a lot, just enough to loosen the metal. You should be then able to pull the flipper out from the top.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4 11 years ago

Or take a hammer and LIGHTLY tap on the flipper shaft from the bottom of the PF. That will loosen it up and get it moving.

#5 11 years ago

Warning. This is not as easy as it looks. Installing flippers may not be an easy job for a beginner. Maybe you should just carefully clean around them.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Warning. This is not as easy as it looks. Installing flippers may not be an easy job for a beginner. Maybe you should just carefully clean around them.

Ignore this warning haha...it's just one bolt...loosen it, pry open the piece holding the shaft and pull it out, or tap it out...

It's not that hard..it's actually brutally simple..

#7 11 years ago

KEEP IN MIND!!! That the next step is NOT to take the screws out of the nylon bushing!

It seems like it would be, but there are nuts on the other end of the phillips head machine screws. If you try to take out the screws using a screwdriver, all you will do is strip the heads.

You have to take off the bracket, remove the nuts from the other side, then you can take out the phillips machine screws and replace the bushing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

Machine - For Sale
Poland, OH
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stuck-how-do-i-take-flippers-out-to-clean-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.