(Topic ID: 69918)

Stuck flipper issue

By MAJRob

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Hey guys,
    I picked up a new game and my one flipper gets stuck during the game in the up position. Once I hit the other flipper, it goes back into the regular position. Both flippers seem weaker than they should. Is this a flipper rebuild kit, new coils, or something wrong with the board issue.
    Thanks!

#2 10 years ago

Will it stay up if you turn the game off? If so it will be a mechanical issue and not electronic. If that's the case start by pulling the coil assembly apart, clean the sleeve or replace it. It's fairly common to have mushroomed ends on the plunger that cause it to drag in the sleeve and get stuck. If you see this you can bevel the ends with a file. Just a couple suggestions to start.

#3 10 years ago

Do what FlipperMagician suggested first to determine whether or not it is mechanical or electronic. I am thinking that it is probably mechanical but test it just to find out. If it turns out to be mechanical, start taking things apart & looking around for the culprit. If everything is weak... While you're tearing everything apart, it might be worth it to just do the flipper rebuild -- especially if everything is gunked up and nasty.

Derek

#4 10 years ago

What pin is it

#5 10 years ago

Great advice! It does stay up when I turn the game off in the up/stuck position. I will tear the puppy apart.
    Thanks guys!,

#6 10 years ago

I has a similar problem with a judge dredd, was i worn out eos switch that was catching on the flipper crank

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stuck-flipper-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.