(Topic ID: 55189)

STTNG what is the best looking complete LED conversion kit?

By Bumper

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is the best STTNG LED kit?”

• Marco Specialties kit 2 votes
    11%
  • Cointaker Super kit 14 votes
    74%
  • Cointaker kit 0 votes
  • Bayarea Amusements high intensity kit 0 votes
  • Pinball-led Flicker-free Hyper Bright kit 0 votes
  • Pinballcenter.eu noflix kit 1 vote
    5%
  • Pinballcenter.eu noflix PLUS kit 2 votes
    11%
  • Pinbal Heaven (ebay) kit 0 votes

(19 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
STTNG Pinball Playfiled Factory Color Overlay (resized).jpg
IMG_3507.JPG
IMG_3503.JPG
IMG_3504.JPG
IMG_20140211_185854.jpg
IMG_20140211_185844.jpg
IMG_20140211_185834.jpg
100_0011.JPG
100_0104.JPG
100_0107.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robknapp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 10 years ago

I would not buy a kit. The way I do it is I customize my own LED lighting. I buy from PinballCenter in Germany. Cointaker. BC Pinball. Pinballlife. For example. The worm hole insert I chose a custom color changing fast blink from cointaker. For the shield inserts I used 555 teal noflix plus Super flux from PinballCenter. I had ghosting issues with mode inserts. I used cointaker nonghosting LED's for those. I used Cool White 47 3 LED .69 cents for most of the GI around playfield. I used BC Pinball 4x 47 blue frosted LED's for the inlanes. I used 555 Blue LED flashers for inside the BORG ship from Cointaker. Most kits I have seen use yellow for the kickback standup targets . You need to use Orange to match insert perfect. Back box was hard. I used cointaker mini's coolwhite in a lot of sockets to cut down on glare from back box onto playfield glass. Behind Data, I used warm white mini's cointaker. I used Cointaker color changing 555 Slow Fade behind Enterprise and the tracker beam on back box. Behind the words STAR TREK there ar Flashers. I used 555 blue LED flashers from cionTaker, looks awesome. On the back box the crew members red shirts looked spotty with any LED. There you should use 555 incandescent behind the red shirts. I used Cool white Frosted any GI light socket that is insight line of eyes to cut glare. Do your own Kit. It will come out better. Hope this helps. Rob

100_0107.JPG100_0107.JPG 100_0104.JPG100_0104.JPG

#5 10 years ago

100_0011.JPG100_0011.JPG

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I am not crazy about led's in all machines..but RobKnapp, I do like how you have done your machines (lotr as well)....and i like how you did your sttng (much better than mine).

Thanks chief !

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Bumper:

. RobKnapp his machine looks very nice but if I would like to reproduce that I would have to buy LEDs from three different shops and to calculate how many of which type of LEDs I exactly need.

Ok. But be advised that you will need many 555 & 47 LED's that have extension wires leads that go to the LED (flex style ).

Quoted from Bumper:

The shields seem to be an issue with most LEDs because they don't dim right after they are being hit. I don't know which kits have LEDs that support that dimming well.

For the shields PinballCenter No FlixPlus Superflux are your best option as they are the best for a slower no/off period. So At least entertain ordering 8 (2)extra only need 6 Teal T10 (555) NoFlixPlus SuperFux from the German company for the Shield. You can order playfield insert Kit only. I would look into CoinTaker super bright for the playfield. But you should ask Melissa to include nonghosting LED's to the kit for the mode inserts because they may ghost and she will do it if you ask her. The GI CoinTaker SMD super bright LED sit almost flush with the playfield. Causing the LED to be to Low and will shine in your eyes not good. I would just order 35 .69 cent 3 LED coolwhite 47 from PinballLife they sit almost a 1/2 inch above playfield and project the light out well & will not shine in your eyes. There. So you have Playfield inserts covered. Kit from CoinTaker. GI. Covered 35 3 LED 47 .69 cool white from pinballLife. All you need is back box. You do not want them to bright causing glare . Throw Niftyled a crumb since they commented on your thread. Order there .69 cent 555 Cool white frosted for the back box. I just took off my Back Glass and counted them for you. Order 40. You only need 37. Get 40. From Niftyled. You are done. Save yourself some money and skip the flashers. Or Order a Flasher Kit from CoinTaker. I love LED's and the creative part of making my configuration . But I think if you do as I have just suggested you will save money and your ST:TNG LED conversion will be awesome. Peace.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 15.00
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robknapp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-what-is-the-best-looking-complete-led-conversion-kit-3?tu=robknapp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.