(Topic ID: 45475)

sttng vs wh2o which one has more stay power?

By dannunz

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bc_gambit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 11 years ago

TNG by a mile if you are a better than average player (or are buying the game for yourself to play).

Whitewater for guests, casual/non-players etc...

Whitewater is a very forgiving game that I do not play often anymore as I can beat the heck out of it in a seemingly never ending game when I am no a roll.

TNG has never had that problem, but I play it weird in that I generally just try to go for warp factors and combo missions in with this goal as stuff happens. I rarely make multiball or the wizard goal my priority, they just happen on occasion.

I have had both games for over a decade... FWIW. They are not bad games by any means

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You must be a hell of a player or have your game setup pretty easy if you can consistently hit vacation jackpots.

Consistently is a relative term; plus the roadblock where you sometimes need to get up to 6x jackpot by repeatedly shooting the middle shot is a bit of a drag.

I own the game, I am not trying to make it out to be a dog. It is a hit with my wife and casual players/guests, much more so than Star "Kick you in the nuts": The Next Generation.

After going almost a year without playing whitewater, I put new white rubbers on and gave the game a cleaning, and within two or three games I had won vacation Jackpot. Whoop de do. If I am going to spend 20-30 minutes playing a single game, I tend to gravitate towards LoTR where multiple avenues are available to explore at any given time, vs. the old school Williams "do one thing at a time".

Whitewater: It is a game. It is fun. It has its pluses and minuses. For the "right" deal I would likely pass mine on to a new owner, but then I would have to suffer my wife's wrath

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No.
It sure is fun though.

This is truth

Depth of a puddle, but sometimes splashing around in a puddle is all you need to put a smile on your face.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

WH2O is fun..... but currently over priced IMHO.

Sacrilege! Both are about $5-10K underpriced based upon current NIB Stern pricing!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bc_gambit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-vs-wh2o-which-one-has-more-stay-power?tu=bc_gambit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.