Topic poll

“Which is the better game?”

• Lord of the Rings 52 votes
    60%
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation 34 votes
    40%

(86 votes)

#1 6 years ago

I get that these polls are overdone ... I’m just really curious about what comes out the winner between these two great games.

#2 6 years ago

As someone who has owned both for eight years, I'm going to say STTNG. Such a well balanced game and though both have fantastic theme integration, its hard to beat the custom callouts from the entire Enterprise crew.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I get that these polls are overdone ... I’m just really curious about what comes out the winner between these two great games.

To me, STTNG is the best full package in all of pinball. You have an awesome theme and deep challenging ruleset with great toys, full cast custom actor call outs, great audio and dots and a fantastic light show. It does better as a whole than any other game IMHO.

That said, the one game I said I would trade my STTNG for is LOTR and that is the only thing that pried it out of my hands because I didn't have the cash to buy one outright. For me, LOTR is a close second as it comes up just short of STTNG in a couple categories. I don't think you can go wrong with either personally.

#4 6 years ago

^Couldn’t agree more^

#5 6 years ago

Next gen wins in some categories but overall it’s easy for me to say LOTR. More shots, better code and depth.

#6 6 years ago

I vote Lord of the rings.

#7 6 years ago

STTNG. There's so much stuff packed in there!

#8 6 years ago

Lord of the rings all day!!!

#9 6 years ago

LOTR

I owned both of these, but because the style of play felt similar to me, I felt like I didn't need to own both. I sold STNG. But I already have ST Premium so that might have played into it too. Would rather get my Trekkie fix on that one.

#10 6 years ago

LOTR.

Theme is way better plus, you need to actually finish modes to get to the various wizard modes (although you can time out TABA).

#11 6 years ago

STTNG is a great game
LOTR is a masterpiece
(... If you like 30 minutes+ games)

#12 6 years ago

Love both, but Star trek gets my vote

#13 6 years ago

This is going to be a landslide for LOTR.

#14 6 years ago

The hatred for going after STNNG's opto problems will always prevent it from winning a poll

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

The hatred for going after STNNG's opto problems will always prevent it from winning a poll

Launched a probe on this. It discovered nothing.

#16 6 years ago

There’s Klingons on the starboard bow, captain.

#17 6 years ago

I have these two games sitting next to each other in my small collection. In my mind it will be hard to get rid of either. Both are set fairly aggressive and the STTNG games get to be pretty short while the LOTR games are still fairly long. As for which is the better game? LOTR by a hair for me right now.

#18 6 years ago

I have both and have owned them for years. Both over 10 years in my collection. I love both. LOTR is a much better game in my opinion. I have my LOTR set a bit harder. Outlanes are wide open and I set TTT MB so you have to lite "keep" for each lock. This makes the game a bit more challenging. I do have EB enabled, though. Ball times are definitely longer on LOTR than STTNG and that's why they nicely compliment each other.

#19 6 years ago

I have them both, I like them both, but LOTR gets played more. The outlanes on STTNG can be frustrating

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 18.95
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12.95
$ 64.99
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-vs-lotr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.