(Topic ID: 122634)

STTNG very strange cannon problem

By PohodaVole

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PohodaVole.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Good morning,

We changed the power board in the past so I played many games but once the pin restarted so I continued playing and then I smelled that something was burned so I turned it off. After some time I turned it on and now I have these problems:

The biggest problem is with both cannons. They are working correctly when I make the test but they don´t work during the game. It works same as when you turn them off in the menu so they are not used in the game and you don´t earn points during Battle Simulation.

I have also next problem. When I turn it on the ball is shooted by the plunger then it fall down between the flippers and then it is shooted again. This is still repeating until you start the game.

I am sorry but I am an amateur.

Thank you for the help.

4 weeks later
#4 8 years ago

Good morning Schwaggs,

I am sorry for the late answer but I have to always wait for my friend who can repair electric parts. You were 100% right. The problem was in Aux board which was damaged and there was burned diverter coil. I have not seen this before. The plastic part was melted inside. There was also damaged fuse so my friend completely repaired Aux board and we replaced the coil + fuse and everything works correctly including cannons.

Thank you very much for the help!

#7 8 years ago

Do you mean the wire which gives power to the coil in A-14615 1-Bank Drop Target Assembly?

Thank you.

#9 8 years ago

I think that we checked it yesterday but I am not 100% sure so I will do it today.

Don´t you please have experiences with building new 8 Driver board? It is also damaged in the second STTNG but the previous owner repaired it wrong so it is not possible to repait it correctly. I know where to buy all parts but I don´t know how to build the printed circuit.

Thank you.

#12 8 years ago

Yes the pin is working correctly but we have one more STTNG so I need to make new 8 driver board for him. I have got already some informations about it so I will try it.

I have checked the tieback and it is connected correctly.

Thank you all for the help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 63.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 85.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 64.99
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PohodaVole.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-very-strange-cannon-problem?tu=PohodaVole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.