Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ibjames
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Just as the title says, the lowers work fine, the upper doesn't work at all, during the tests it does nothing, in game it does nothing. I checked the connections, and it seems like they are all there. I'm new to pinball so I'm not really sure where to go from there.

#2 7 years ago

Fuse good - I checked mine and it was good
When I ground center lug the coil fires perfect - Should I try this? How do I do it?
75v present when i test either outside lugs. - How do I test for this?

#3 7 years ago

figured out that you can't use greater thans in your posts otherwise it won't show

#4 7 years ago

have you checked that the right flipper button is working properly? the button actually has two switches, one that activates the lower flipper, and another which activates the upper flipper. is it possible the switch for the upper flipper isn't registering?

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

have you checked that the right flipper button is working properly? the button actually has two switches, one that activates the lower flipper, and another which activates the upper flipper. is it possible the switch for the upper flipper isn't registering?

Yep, go into switch edge test and press the flipper button in slowly, the first opto should close followed by the second one. If it doesn't the opto is either dirty, broken, has a bad solder joint or the interrupter is bad.

#6 7 years ago

So.. I found out that the fuse was hidden by the ribbon cable, it had a little burn in it, I replaced it and it is working again.

Now I'm back to the problem I had before, I'm going to replace the connector on my trough and try it again

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.99
$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
$ 63.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-upper-flipper-not-working?hl=ibjames and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.