Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8F4C6D88-BAAD-4DC6-8B0A-0A30A6449793 (resized).jpeg
FE6DD987-0312-4A52-A981-C7B14419ABBA (resized).jpeg
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

I have recently finished a new Pinsound mix for Star Trek TNG.

All music was updated with tracks from Jerry Goldsmith, Ron Jones, Jay Chattaway, Dennis McCarthy and one track from Velton Ray Bunch. Most are from the STTNG television show with a couple from Star Trek Generations, Nemesis, DS9 and Enterprise. Every track was edited to fit and many tracks were mixed to match the timing of the originals in the game. There are multiple Q and Worm Hole tracks for variety. The Rescue transporter sound has been updated. The bonus count chimes are also new. I sampled 30+ CDs and countless Youtube videos with many hours of work involved. It took a month to produce.

The "Thank You Mr. Data" interrupt fix is included (thanks to Endprodukt) and I solved the annoying end of game music looping forever that was a bug with the Pinsound legacy mix.

You can download it from the Pinsound Community site here:
http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/223-sttng_ultimate_by_pinballsharkzip/

There is also an alternative mix with different Borg multiball music here:
http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/224-sttng_ultimate_alternate_by_pinballsharkzip/

Load both up and see which one you like best. Enjoy!

A video of the mix can be see here also:

If you like my work and would like to support me on future projects, please consider a donation: https://www.paypal.me/BradyMiller

Total hours invested in this project: 100
Total donations received: $20

#2 6 years ago

Played my first game with your new soundtrack and was BLOWN AWAY!! GREAT JOB!!! With the new Flipper Fidelity speakers and your soundtrack, the game is transformed. Best soundtrack I have downloaded yet for any pin! Wish I could do this for my Space Shuttle Pin!
Thank you very much for this early birthday present!

1 week later
#3 6 years ago

You're welcome. Glad you like it!

#4 6 years ago

Awesome!

#5 6 years ago

Wow just wow .

I don’t really understand anything about pinsound but this is going in my game for sure

Im a couple of months out yet but cannot wait. Will be the icing on the cake of my refurb

Just Incredible.

Edit. Just watched through to the end. Final Frontier gave me goosebumps. Congrats op

#6 6 years ago

The only way to get the board is still via overseas? No distributors in the US?

#8 6 years ago
#9 6 years ago

Tell them it is for STTNG and they will send the extra mounting boards needed if not already included.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Great thanks, what else does it need to install? this

This cable is a great addition so you can have true surround sound with your pin. It's plug and play. The board ships default in the stereo mode. If you don't use this cable, or make your own, you need to switch the board to mono. I upgraded my speakers at the same time as the board with flipper fidelity speakers Their pinsound specific speakers are about $50 compared to their regular speakers, but they need to be used specifically with the pinsound board. Love the clarity the speakers made and I can crank up the sound and balance the sub as needed with no distortion. Great for those big explosions when blowing up asteroids!

1 month later
#11 6 years ago

Sorry, can't download this new mix from pinsound-community, the file is always 320 MB instead of the 450 noted on the download page. I experienced that several times on that server that files are not completely downloaded. Can you provide an alternate link to your files?

#12 6 years ago

Sorry, but I don't have an alternative download link. I just downloaded it without any trouble so I have no idea what the problem could be.

Try contacting Pinsound directly here: https://qa.pinsound.org/

#13 6 years ago

That's sad. Can't you upload the files to a dropbox, mega or something? Big files are often damaged over at pinsound-community...

#14 6 years ago

Brilliant Job

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

That's sad. Can't you upload the files to a dropbox, mega or something? Big files are often damaged over at pinsound-community...

Just downloaded both links using Chrome and tested the downloads:

aclark@discus 0 ~/Downloads $ du -sh STTNG_Ultimate_*
451M STTNG_Ultimate_Alternate_by_PinballShark.zip
453M STTNG_Ultimate_by_PinballShark.zip
aclark@discus 0 ~/Downloads $ unzip -t STTNG_Ultimate_by_PinballShark.zip | grep errors
No errors detected in compressed data of STTNG_Ultimate_by_PinballShark.zip.
aclark@discus 0 ~/Downloads $ unzip -t STTNG_Ultimate_Alternate_by_PinballShark.zip | grep errors
No errors detected in compressed data of STTNG_Ultimate_Alternate_by_PinballShark.zip.

The hosting on pinsound-community is fine. Must be something at your end.

#16 6 years ago

Never mind, I noticed that the error was from Safari. Now I used Chrome and the download worked. Thanx anyway!

1 week later
#17 6 years ago

Nice work, all seems to fit the theme really well

1 month later
#18 6 years ago

For anyone finding that the music is too loud, there is a way to adjust it. The mix sounds perfect in my game, but I imagine a combination of different speakers, tone settings, balance settings probably cause variations in how the mix performs.

You can adjust the volume of the music by putting a gain.txt file in your music directory (within the mix). Include one number in it (0-20, default being 10). Try an 8. If you want the music quieter, put a lower number. If you want it louder, but a bigger number.

Thank you and enjoy.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballshark:

For anyone finding that the music is too loud, there is a way to adjust it. The mix sounds perfect in my game, but I imagine a combination of different speakers, tone settings, balance settings probably cause variations in how the mix performs.
You can adjust the volume of the music by putting a gain.txt file in your music directory (within the mix). Include one number in it (0-20, default being 10). Try an 8. If you want the music quieter, put a lower number. If you want it louder, but a bigger number.
Thank you and enjoy.

This is definitely correct - but note that the gain setting puts more strain on the CPU than the ducking settings and may drop your voltage a bit. Could cause gameplay issues if you don’t have a solid PDB

#20 6 years ago

I have yet to see any problem with that. Knock on wood.

4 weeks later
#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This is definitely correct - but note that the gain setting puts more strain on the CPU than the ducking settings and may drop your voltage a bit. Could cause gameplay issues if you don’t have a solid PDB

According to Nicolas (sw dev on pinsound), this is not true.

2 weeks later
#22 6 years ago

I have uploaded this mix into my Pinsound Plus with Flipper Fidelity 2.1 speakers. I love the new mix. Battle Simulation is my favorite clip; it almost needs to accompany a multiball. The Ferengi anthem is unexpected and hilarious.

It took considerable tweaking to get the equalization satisfactory. In fact, I'm still working on it. I think the voices are a low for my taste.

The one issue I'm having is that I get clipping in two places. Twice, right before the Match starts at the end of a game, and then repeatedly when the game ends and the music stops. The 60 second timeout prevents the last clipping from repeating forever. I've used three different USB sticks, and I've downloaded the mix twice. I've run the entire mix through the Pinsound Editor, and I haven't heard the clipping.

Does anyone else hear this?

#23 6 years ago

Just an update, I've run through two other mix sets that do not have the clipping issue, so it is unique to this particular mix and the pinsound plus in my machine. If anyone else hears this issue, please let me know so that we can work out a solution.

1 week later
#24 6 years ago

Is there an alt-mix available that uses the silly-rom samples?

#26 6 years ago

I don't have any clipping issues with my mix. I'm using L-7 game roms and a 2015 Pinsound board. I'm not sure what to suggest.

2 weeks later
#27 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwin:

The one issue I'm having is that I get clipping in two places. Twice, right before the Match starts at the end of a game, and then repeatedly when the game ends and the music stops. The 60 second timeout prevents the last clipping from repeating forever. I've used three different USB sticks, and I've downloaded the mix twice. I've run the entire mix through the Pinsound Editor, and I haven't heard the clipping.
Does anyone else hear this?

Yup, i have the exact same issue! When the game over music starts, i hear the two loud clipping / "electronic crack" / clicking noises, and then after the music fades out it comes back in a continuous loop. I believe it is when playing the silence.wav file the clipping / clicking sound is heard, because if i remove this file, the two clicks at the start of the game over music is gone, and after the music fades, it is the music itself that continues looping, and not the clicking sound.

I am running the LX-7 game rom

Worth noting: If i load up the STTNG Anthology v1.00 mix instead i have the same issues! Without the silence.wav file the end music loops, but with the silence.wav file 2 clicks before the end game music, and clicking in a continuous loop after the fade.

This is really annoying as it is the only thing ruining an otherwise amazing experience with this mix in my STTNG!

#28 6 years ago

Update: I fixed my "clicking" / clipping problem by generating another silence.wav file and replacing it in the zip file. Now everything runs smoothly. So i guess there is some meta data or something in the original silence.wav from Pinballshark that causes the Pinsound board problems.

If anybody is interested this is the file i am now using (located in music/0294842247-silence folder)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj86qn7AQhCgiUD2KMgLisJJ6pwV

#29 5 years ago

That's weird, but I'm glad you got it sorted out. Like I said before, mine works perfectly. It sounds like that silence.wav file got corrupt some where along the way.

1 month later
#31 5 years ago

Here we go been meaning to install this for months

Not sure if I have just eaten a cable tie that I mistook for candy. Nice gesture non the less

FE6DD987-0312-4A52-A981-C7B14419ABBA (resized).jpegFE6DD987-0312-4A52-A981-C7B14419ABBA (resized).jpeg

#32 5 years ago

Definitely a cable tie!

8F4C6D88-BAAD-4DC6-8B0A-0A30A6449793 (resized).jpeg8F4C6D88-BAAD-4DC6-8B0A-0A30A6449793 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Update: I fixed my "clicking" / clipping problem by generating another silence.wav file and replacing it in the zip file. Now everything runs smoothly. So i guess there is some meta data or something in the original silence.wav from Pinballshark that causes the Pinsound board problems.
If anybody is interested this is the file i am now using (located in music/0294842247-silence folder)
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj86qn7AQhCgiUD2KMgLisJJ6pwV

Not sure how I missed these replies. Thank you very much for the solution. I'll load this up and post back. I agree, it was the only thing keeping our family from running this soundtrack full time. I knew there had to be a glitch in one of the files, but listening to them individually never uncovered anything.

Do you, by chance, have a PinSound+ board? I have one of the first ones shipped, so I wasn't sure if that was the correlation. No one else seems to have this issue. I'm running the same ROM.

3 months later
#34 5 years ago
Quoted from pinwin:

Not sure how I missed these replies. Thank you very much for the solution. I'll load this up and post back. I agree, it was the only thing keeping our family from running this soundtrack full time. I knew there had to be a glitch in one of the files, but listening to them individually never uncovered anything.
Do you, by chance, have a PinSound+ board? I have one of the first ones shipped, so I wasn't sure if that was the correlation. No one else seems to have this issue. I'm running the same ROM.

Yes it is a pinsound+ board. Did you solve the problem?

7 months later
#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Is there an alt-mix available that uses the silly-rom samples?

Nothing like digging up an old thread, but I am wondering how easy or difficult it would be to add in the subjective ending quotes from Picard that are in the Silly Rom (Staff) version L-7? They (as opposed to the silly sayings) add a lot to the end game since Picard makes a different comment based on whether you faced the Borg or not, etc. Obviously there is more logic there and a ROM chip Adjustment setting to enable / disable those. But assuming that the CPU ROM is in place, could the samples for these be added to PinSound?

1 month later
#36 4 years ago

This is a great mix but finding the sound quality a bit of a letdown, I’m using a pinsound+ Board and their speakers and having to have the treble all the way up to get some clarity/brightness but still sounds a bit dull and muffled, my TZ and CV with pinsound have much better sound quality. Maybe the latest batch of speakers are not so good?

#37 4 years ago

To add, two other mixes sound similar - dull/flat.

#38 4 years ago

I use automotive 5.25" speakers in the head and a 12" subwoofer in the bottom and it sounds great. The music came direct from the CDs so there is no loss in quality there. I've never seen Pinsound's speakers so I can't comment on those.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballshark:

I use automotive 5.25" speakers in the head and a 12" subwoofer in the bottom and it sounds great. The music came direct from the CDs so there is no loss in quality there. I've never seen Pinsound's speakers so I can't comment on those.

Thanks for the reply, it’s a great mix!
My other pinsound speakers sound good, they are like automotive speakers with the tweeter in the centre.
Think I will swop from another machine to see if it makes a difference or maybe put some headphones in if I can.
I transferred the files with a MacBook Pro as zip files to root, would that make a difference?
My other pinsound machines had the files done already so first time I’ve done this and was wondering if I have caused the sound quality issue.

#40 4 years ago

I had another go with the tone controls and for some unknown reason as I had already done this the sound quality came through with clear mids and highs.
Can’t understand why but I’m not complaining as it now sounds brilliant. Maybe I should connect the line out to a spare Servo 15 sub I have

3 months later
#41 4 years ago

I get transition drop outs with this mix, like when you go into a mode it will just lose the music all together. Several times this has happened

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Walleyefisher:

I get transition drop outs with this mix, like when you go into a mode it will just lose the music all together. Several times this has happened

Make sure your board has the latest firmware, and consider upgrading your USB stick to a faster one - these games with high quality soundtracks need a lot of speed

1 week later
#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Make sure your board has the latest firmware, and consider upgrading your USB stick to a faster one - these games with high quality soundtracks need a lot of speed

Not sure Pinsound has a firmware that can be updated.

#44 4 years ago

Not sure Pinsound has a firmware that can be updated.

Of course it does. You download it from the PinSound website and stick it on your USB drive

https://www.pinsound.org/help/pinsound-plus-help/

#45 4 years ago

Nice thanks, will give that a try.

#46 4 years ago

Nice thanks, will give that a try.

You should know right away if it is installing - the voice comes on and said “firmware update installing..” or something like that.

1 year later
#47 3 years ago

I'm starting an update to this Pinsound package and will be adding additional call outs. The plan is to watch the entire series again starting with episode #1 and capture audio to enhance the game even more. I don't know how long this will take, but I think it will be awesome. Stay tuned.

3 weeks later
#48 3 years ago

Update: I just downloaded my mix from the Pinsound Community website and found it had a directory error. I don't know how long it has been that way. I contacted Pinsound and notified them of the problem. This is something they did when converting it to their new directory naming format.

#49 3 years ago

Are you using the Lala STTNG music collections in your work? There are some cool tunes in there, also from the Ron Jones Project.

Looking forward to the update!

#50 3 years ago

I used a little bit of everything. I'm going to review the music as well and see if I can tweak anything.

The file at Pinsound is good and always was good. My mistake.

I ordered a Pinsound shaker kit. The next update will included what audio was gathered from Season one and shaker motor capability.

Stay tuned!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 63.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 64.99
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-ultimate-pinsound-mix?hl=lostcause and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.