• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Player1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hello all,
Looking for any input on a switch issue on a new to me STTNG. Switches 15,16,17 & 18 are all of a sudden not working. I first noticed it when the kickback didn't fire when a ball went out the left outlane. I went into switch test and the outlane switch didn't register - so I replaced it. The crazy thing is all other switches in the rows and columns for those switches are working. I then decided to check the right outlane and it was not working. Then I checked the Eddy sensors and they weren't registering. The right Eddy sensor you can get the LED to come on to set it, but it doesn't register in the switch tests. The left Eddy sensor is completely "dead" you cab't get the LED on to set it and it doesn't register in switch tests.
It really has me puzzled since all other switches in the rows and columns are working. Would one Eddy board going bad cause those switches to not register? They all do have the grn/brown wire and/or the violet/white wire common amongst them, but it all isn't making sense to me. TIA for any input anyone might have, or anything else to check or look at.

#2 10 years ago

Are and of the "1"'s working ? 11,12,13,14 ?

I'd suspect a break between 14 and 15.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

I just went and double checked. All of those switches are working. 14 is the tilt bob and 15 the left outlane (where it all started). I can't find a break anywhere so far. The Eddy sensors are in this column, do you think there is there any correlation to the left sensor appearing dead and these switches not working?

Post edited by Player1 : wrong sensor

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Player1:

I can't find a break anywhere so far

As in take a meter and check the "1" color wire for continuity ?

LTG : )

#5 10 years ago

New diode on switch 15 got it and switch 18 working (the two out lanes). I had replaced the switch and diode, but the diode was bad I guess, or I cooked it somehow while soldering it on. Now I just need to get the eddy boards working. They both still test as not working.
Thanks for the help so far Lloyd!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 63.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.99
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-switch-issues-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.