• 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by m00dawg
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider m00dawg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Today I manned up a took off the subway so I could put in the last of the LEDs for the inserts. It wasn't as easy as other posts made it seem, but I got it done and cleaned things up reasonably well. After I assumed it, though, I ended up with a few spare parts and I don't know where they go

photo.JPGphoto.JPG

Also, while taking various parts off, I came across a screw that had basically broken inside the screw hole. I barely turned it before it just popped off so I think it had been like that for a while, but now I'm not sure what to do with the rest of the screw now stuck inside? It is on the right VUK module. The other screws are good so I'm not all that worried about it, but would like to do something about it at some point.

Finally, I'm pretty sure U20 is the culprit but after putting everything back together, column 5 no longer works on the switch matrix and, though I was just using bare wire to test, trying the column on the CPU board directly doesn't show any signs of life, though I traced the green/black wire on the playfield and did continuity tests from various points along the chain. Does U20 fail often? Or, more so, what causes it to fail? On my board, U20 is already socketed so I assume it's already been replaced at least once. Bummed I have to order a part to get things working after the subway went pretty well, but oh well. Could be worse I suppose

Thoughts?

#2 9 years ago

Still no idea where the above bracket goes, or what to do about that busted screw, but replacing U20 did the trick for the column that was out! I went ahead and bought 5 chips since they were so cheap. That way I won't have to wait for shipping if that happens again.

Just thought I'd share. Good thing to stock up on I suppose.

#4 9 years ago

Oh wow that's actually a really good idea, thanks! It just so happens I have some JB Weld somewhere around here. And yep it's on the bottom of the wood. I assume you have to be kinda careful when putting JB Weld on? As in you don't want too much of it to attach to the wood, or does it really only attach to metal?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider m00dawg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-switch-column-missing-parts-stuck-screw?tu=m00dawg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.