Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Bumper
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 4.43.26 PM.png
IMG_2044 (resized).JPG
IMG_2046 (resized).JPG

#1 2 years ago

My Star Trek: The Next Generation had an intermittent error which I am so happy to have finally fixed that I want to share the solution. I assume I am not the only one with that issue because it is a design flaw.

Switch 61, Trough RL 6 was being triggered without touching anything, this is the infrared sensor to check the 6th ball (most left) in the Outhole Ball Through Assembly.

I found that the clip on the right coin receiver pushed against the board that caused it to be misaligned. It was an easy fix to remove the clip, but did me cost a whole lot of time to figure out. This problem must have been there in my STTNG since manufacturing and after 24 years it is finally fixed.

IMG_2046 (resized).JPG

IMG_2044 (resized).JPG

1 year later
#2 1 year ago

Dude, you're my hero.... !!!

I got the message Check Switch 61 this morning and you solve my issue.

I made a picture to show how bad it was...

Thanks...

Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 4.43.26 PM.png

4 months later
#3 1 year ago

You are welcome, I am surprised you are the only one in one year. Maybe it is only an issue with a limited number of the machines. I am curious, what is the serial of your machine? (please pm me if you don't want to have it public).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside