Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by mitch1985
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I recently bought the most recent cpu rom with the led patch and a set of silly sound roms. I have installed them all and the game plays fine but i don't get any of the new sounds. I have heard there is a setting in the menu to turn them on and off but after spending a bit of time and going through the complete menu over 3 times i can't find a way to turn them on.
I'm hoping its something easy and i just missed it. Does anyone know where the setting is in the menu?

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 3 years ago

Put some more time into it today. When the game is in attract mode and you press the flipper buttons you dont get any sound effects like i've seen on other peoples games. I put the factory cpu rom and sound roms back in and still no sounds while pressing the flipper buttons in attract mode.

Is there a way to expand the adjustments menu. Ive been through the whole menu more times then i can count and im stumped now.

#3 3 years ago

Sorry if you already know this, but pressing buttons while in attract mode won't do anything when you first turn on the machine. I don't know precisely how long, but wait a few minutes.

Also, adjustment A.2 13 controls attract mode sounds (not just the callouts when you press the flipper buttons, but all attract mode sounds).

#4 3 years ago

I didnt know about the time delay i will try that. Already tried a.2 13 on and off. Its on now.

Ive read there is a adjustment to turn the silly sounds on and off but cant find that one either.

#5 3 years ago

From the x7 ROM README file:

Adjustment a.2 #28 - Turn on special speech function.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

From the x7 ROM README file:
Adjustment a.2 #28 - Turn on special speech function.

Thank you. Im assuming the thumbs up is a conformation. I dont have a.2 #28 mine only goes to a.2 #27 so ether there is a way to expand the menu or i might have to get the rom reburned again. Guy i got it from says it was for silly sounds but he offered to burn me another to try.

#7 3 years ago

I did it with mine. You don't get silly sounds in attract mode UNLESS you are pressing the flipper buttons. Then you can hear each of them individually. The delay should not be but a second or two after full boot. Make sure all those roms are in the right positions. Roms need to be CAREFULLY removed/installed. Final thought is roms were not burnt correctly.

#8 3 years ago

In addition, there is no adjustment for silly sounds. Only an adjustment for attract sounds on or off. Once you install those special roms, what is on them is what you are going to get.

#9 3 years ago

I think its a issue with the roms. I've installed many before and I'm always carefull. In attract mode the flipper buttons do nothing.

#10 3 years ago

Interesting... I don't think mine has a special ROM but when you hit the flipper button while in attract, it will make a few different callouts. Like the Enterprise cabin "door bell" sound then Captain Picard says "come".

Does this ROM have an extended list of different sounds?

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Interesting... I don't think mine has a special ROM but when you hit the flipper button while in attract, it will make a few different callouts. Like the Enterprise cabin "door bell" sound then Captain Picard says "come".

The standard ROMs make that sound if you press one of the flipper buttons in attract mode. If you pull the trigger, it makes the photon gun sound (phaser, whatever -- I'm not a Trekkie).

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

All the characters recorded their own speech for instance Picard says "we will never surrender--unless you pay us enough" and the doctor says things like "do you realize most of my patients die" and "do you have medical insurance?" etc. Roms can be burned from IPDB.

#13 3 years ago

Cool! Thanks for the info!

1 week later
#14 3 years ago

Guy i get my roms from sent me a free replacement. Got the replacement rom in now it's working perfectly.

thanks dave

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
$ 399.95
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Atlanta, GA
$ 9.99
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Sale Pending!
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Sale Pending!
Cleveland, TN
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bright Lights Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
5,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside