Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by joeraptor2003
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1 STTNG_sideboard_decal_pinball_pt_prev1.jpg
sttng-for_pinside.jpg
IMG_2647.JPG
image-625.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Shopping out a STTNG and was thinking of either side art decals or mirror blades.
Looking for feedback either way, which art decals or mirror blades did you use.

#2 4 years ago

Few if any mods are "cost effective" from a resale perspective. If you are modding a game it should be because you want to enjoy them, not because you want to profit from the purchase.

That said, to answer your question, mirror blades look great on this game.

#3 4 years ago

From the point of resale. Look at it this way. It's like having a high end car stereo in a used car. Your not going to get more because of of it.

#4 4 years ago

Let's forget about resale. I only mentioned it since most games get sold to bring something else in.

Mods that most people agree on are
Mirror blades or side art decals
Shaker motor
Laser cannons

Any thoughts or experiences?

#5 4 years ago

Mirror blades look great on this game! Also do help throw a lil more light around

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Mirror blades look great on this game! Also do help throw a lil more light around

That's exactly what I was thinking to help light up dark areas.

#7 4 years ago

Just put a set of mirror blades on my friends STTNG and they look great. I would have to recommend them, I think you would be very happy with that choice.

#8 4 years ago

Great game to put mirror blades on.

#9 4 years ago

I just got a game with the Laser cannons ( I previously owned one with out), and I must say it is a pretty cool mod. Some people do not like the lasers because they can help you line up the shots better, I am not that good so it only helps my game.

#11 4 years ago

I've got the lane extenders on mine and I think they help make it a more fun game. They don't make a tremendous difference, they only help a little. I probably wouldn't use them in a tournament, but for home play it makes the game more "fair".

#12 4 years ago

Lane extender make it a much better game and have been approved and recommended by the designer. Easy installation.
Go for the mirror blades. Looks awesome in STTNG.

#13 4 years ago

I started out with side decals on mine originally and then changed to mirror blades. The side decals did look good but they do eventually get damaged due to the lifting of the playfield for maintenance, etc (even with the felt protectors) The mirror blades withstand damage far better but can still be scratched (scratches can be buffed out though). I've also got the lane extenders on mine and recommend them for the average punter, far less drain frustration !! but don't make a massive difference to the amount of drains (still need a WELL timed nudge). I have the laser cannon mod and i have found that my work mates LOVE it, as they aren't too fussy about being competitive just having fun (and YES you can still easily miss )

#14 4 years ago

Black mirror blades for the space effect. Yes get the lane extenders, they help just enough.

#15 4 years ago

Thinking about cannon laser, is there any place to get green laser?

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Has anyone used the lane extender from pinbits

I have them but only installed the one on the right since there is a kickout on the left.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Thinking about cannon laser, is there any place to get green laser?

I've only seen the red/orange one's myself, i guess a green one is possible though.

#18 4 years ago

We have some side art decals for sttng: http://www.pinballpt.com/prestashop/sideboard-decals/63-star-trek-ng-custom-sideboards.html

The colors match the pf art:
1 STTNG_sideboard_decal_pinball_pt_prev1.jpg

#19 4 years ago

i use mirrors in mine. But also like the space decals. Either look awesome

image.jpg
#20 4 years ago

I want to put decals or mirrors in my as well. I wish I could see mirrors in person as I'm worried I might find them distracting and out of theme over space themed side decals.

By the way, that chrome work looks great Diamond2002! I'm planning on working on my rails and lockdown soon. Thinking about going with a black or very dark blue speckled powder coat.

#21 4 years ago

Any pics of sttng w mirror blades?

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Any pics of sttng w mirror blades?

a couple i happen to have on my phone ... will post better when i get home.

image-625.jpg
image.jpg

#23 4 years ago

Has any one added shaker motor to sttng
Is it worth the money?

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Has any one added shaker motor to sttng
Is it worth the money?

Yes and Yes

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Diamond2002:

i use mirrors in mine. But also like the space decals. Either look awesome

image.jpg 609 KB

That's is one awesome looking pin you got there Sir. Love the lighting, back glass and topper. Stunning!

#26 4 years ago

HI all

In case any one wants our STTNG PinBlades..we just ran out a bunch of new improved ones. Using better lasting Laminate that is tough and durable. They are also cut to the Williams/Bally Shape unlike the previous ones so these will have a much better fit.

If you are interested you can purchase them here.

http://www.pingraffix.com/#!product/prd1/1700938585/sttng-pinblades

Thanks!

-JR

sttng-for_pinside.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kittery, ME
$ 9.99
Sale Pending!
Cleveland, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 64.99
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 96.77
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball-Mods.com
$ 26.50
Sale Pending!
Fort Wayne, IN
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bright Lights Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
La Palma, CA
$ 50.00
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside